January Transfer Rumours | Page 17 | Vital Football

January Transfer Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what the point would be for the remainder of this season. We are highly likely to remain mid table (ish) - giving promising youngsters from Leeds game time (at the expense of our own) isnt really much help to us. A full season loan at the start of next season however, could be potentially fruitful.
5 points from 27 is the current reality.

it is not like we have a massive squad - it is 21 (including house and bishop) plus walker and montsma. no right sided wide attacker/winger, and we regularly pick up injuries.
we only have 4 loans. another loan could have been valuable additional cover over the next 17 games.
and an extra loan (from leeds or anyone else ) might not be a massive help short term, but could help improve the chances of an improved loan you talk about in the summer, or going forward beyond that, a medium-term loan relationship.

*hope your 'highly likely' to remain mid table -ish is confirmed sooner rather than later.

Well, I've got another cider open and I'm listening to "The Endless River" (Pink Floyd). Hopefully, the paperwork is sorted soon and it can be announced, though I imagine it'll probably end up being tomorrow now.

I'm hopeful my office tomorrow afternoon from 12:00 will be the Blacksmiths Arms in Bracebridge Heath, but that depends on the connection I can get in there!
Grew up in BBH, celebrated my 15th birthday in the John Bull and it was my local for many years.

I saw Lee Evans has been released by Ipswich - not sure on exact timing but if we wanted more CM cover, we could do a lot worse

I saw Lee Evans has been released by Ipswich - not sure on exact timing but if we wanted more CM cover, we could do a lot worse
Damaged his MCL in October and had surgery to rectify, and although his deal has been mutually terminated he is staying with Ipswich for another month to complete his rehab. Another crock isn't really what we're after, and McGrandles is here anyway as midfield backup.

Damaged his MCL in October and had surgery to rectify, and although his deal has been mutually terminated he is staying with Ipswich for another month to complete his rehab. Another crock isn't really what we're after, and McGrandles is here anyway as midfield backup.
Fair enough - I did no research. Just saw - good player released = made up bogus transfer rumour

But McGrandles has been injury-prone since he left here - not exactly the most reliable back up for another injury-prone player...

Status
Not open for further replies.