January Transfer Rumours | Page 6 | Vital Football

January Transfer Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
McLoughlin fits the skubala age and experience criteria. has 100+ games at league 1 level, and - assuming the stats are vaguely accurate - appears to play left and right side, mf and full back/wingback. the kind of versatility that would suit us.

not sure which criteria Mccann fits, as he is doing well in league 2, but then so was ali smith.
Players who are labelled as versatile usually means they are not really good enough to nail down any one position but are ok to play in a few different positions if needed for a short term fix. Jack Burroughs and Ali Smith are the latest on the list

McLoughlin hasn't had much success - relegated with Ipswich, nearly relegated with AFC Wimbledon twice (20th and 19th) and would have been relegated with Morecambe had he not left before the end of last season.

Players who are labelled as versatile usually means they are not really good enough to nail down any one position but are ok to play in a few different positions if needed for a short term fix. Jack Burroughs and Ali Smith are the latest on the list
It could mean, that they suffer as they are moved to cover the needs of the team, which allows players that probably aren't as versatile to cover their favoured position.

Skubala seemed to suggest only a CM in before the window closes?
You can’t really blame the board signed a lot of players on good money who weren’t playing for them out presumably saving money. Players returning from injury

I would have thought winger and CM but perhaps they feel they have enough to stay up and clear the decks in the summer

Not sure if it's just me but this window has been pretty quiet across all the leagues. Sky Sports must be wondering how they will fill their schedule on Wednesday
I think the window closes at 11pm on Thursday 1st February and so we may still have 3 more days to wait for any incomings.

Not sure if it's just me but this window has been pretty quiet across all the leagues. Sky Sports must be wondering how they will fill their schedule on Wednesday
FFP starting to bite at the top of the chain - Forest, Everton, Villa, Manchester United, Newcastle to name a few. The PL have been relying on the Saudi's the last couple of windows like the Europeans rely on the PL for money.

Status
Not open for further replies.