January Transfer Rumours | Page 15 | Vital Football

January Transfer Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jorge Grant seem a realistic target for us? Fell out of favour up in Scotland and has the experience Skubala needs. Seeing a bit of chatter on twitter about it
Are you sure he is out of favour?
missed the last 4 through injury, was playing every game before that

Played yesterday and had an assist.

Scott Fraser set to joining them on loan. Lots of Hearts fans frustrated with Grant. Don’t think the assist means much tbh. Just seen some chatter on twitter. Plus if you look at Grants game he’s either coming off the bench or getting subbed. Not consistent for them.

Yep, straight back in the team. Also played and got an assist in his previous game before injury, in the win at Celtic. bet the hearts fans loved that.
doesn’t sound like a player on the way out.

Scott Fraser set to joining them on loan. Lots of Hearts fans frustrated with Grant. Don’t think the assist means much tbh. Just seen some chatter on twitter. Plus if you look at Grants game he’s either coming off the bench or getting subbed. Not consistent for them.
Pulled it back on to his right foot crossed with pace and nodded in.

He was a regular sub at the start of the season, but seems to have been a first choice in midfield the last few months.

A player we have never adequately replaced in my view.

Would like to see Grant back, he could slot in very nicely and add that bit of experience as mentioned. He was well liked here in his time, too.

Don’t know if there’s anything in this, plus there are those who say ‘never go back’. I don’t lean either way, but could you imagine adding an in-form and fit Jorge to the likes of Erhahon, Hamilton and Bishop. The other aspect is where would that leave us with Duffy, Reeco, not to mention the cost items of wages, etc. complicated.

Would rather not see Grant back. Wasn’t that consistent apart from 20/21 season.

Doesn’t Bishop and Mandriou cover Grant’s role?

I have a suspicion Grant was a bit right place right time in that 20/21 Appleton team. I doubt we'd have seen the best of him over the last couple of seasons anyway.

I guess he is experienced and would be a midfield option but not sure it's really realistic or the right move? Even though I think he's a good player.

I have a suspicion Grant was a bit right place right time in that 20/21 Appleton team. I doubt we'd have seen the best of him over the last couple of seasons anyway.

I guess he is experienced and would be a midfield option but not sure it's really realistic or the right move? Even though I think he's a good player.
If he hadn't got injured at Plymouth we'd have gone up automatically, I'm convinced of that. Would welcome him back but unlikely.

If he hadn't got injured at Plymouth we'd have gone up automatically, I'm convinced of that. Would welcome him back but unlikely.
It's a popular theory but not one I go with. Jorge was a loss but not one I believe would have made a difference in securing automatic promotion.

The overriding reason for us failing to get automatic promotion was our poor home form and especially our first half performances at home.

Despite having the likes of Morgan and Brennan featuring in every one of those games, we had the worst home record in L1 in the second half of the season.

We scored the least amount of goals in the first half of home games that season (just 6) of all 72 EFL clubs and only Sheffield United who finished rock bottom of the Premier League and played 4 games fewer scored less of the entire 92 clubs.

Not surprisingly then that we conceded first in 13 of our 23 home games (only doing so 6 times away). The stats bear out the importance of the first goal in any game.

Would Jorge have been able to massively influence things differently. Well in the last 3 home games before he got injured at Plymouth, we picked up just 2 points against Doncaster, Accrington and Swindon.

I don't think we'd even be in for Grant anyway, we need a Reeco type winger if anything - we have Mandroiu (maybe Moylan?) in a Grant type profile.

I think Skoobs would prefer a more experienced defensive midfielder anyway. That way the two Ethans could play a bit further forward.

Someone like Bridcutt, sitting in front of the back four (when fit). Very hard to find though, especially on loan.

Regarding Grant, that was never really his role. And as the Chair rightly says, while his injury that play-off season was a blow, it wasn't what cost us an automatic.

It's a popular theory but not one I go with. Jorge was a loss but not one I believe would have made a difference in securing automatic promotion.

The overriding reason for us failing to get automatic promotion was our poor home form and especially our first half performances at home.

Despite having the likes of Morgan and Brennan featuring in every one of those games, we had the worst home record in L1 in the second half of the season.

We scored the least amount of goals in the first half of home games that season (just 6) of all 72 EFL clubs and only Sheffield United who finished rock bottom of the Premier League and played 4 games fewer scored less of the entire 92 clubs.

Not surprisingly then that we conceded first in 13 of our 23 home games (only doing so 6 times away). The stats bear out the importance of the first goal in any game.

Would Jorge have been able to massively influence things differently. Well in the last 3 home games before he got injured at Plymouth, we picked up just 2 points against Doncaster, Accrington and Swindon.
I thought I was supposed to be the stats guy?

Honestly, on what other site would the chairman come on and debunk a comprehensively researched and argued theory :lol:

I think Skoobs would prefer a more experienced defensive midfielder anyway. That way the two Ethans could play a bit further forward.

Someone like Bridcutt, sitting in front of the back four (when fit). Very hard to find though, especially on loan.

Regarding Grant, that was never really his role. And as the Chair rightly says, while his injury that play-off season was a blow, it wasn't what cost us an automatic.
Personally, I felt the referee at Peterborough had more of an influence in the final outcome

Status
Not open for further replies.