January transfer rumours | Page 60 | Vital Football

January transfer rumours

Exeter are believed to be chasing Mo Eisa of MK Dons could be worth a go .Off the boil of late.But definitely a goalscorer.

What hotel outside Exeter is he in?
Anyway, I’m not sure MK would want him to go to a possible rival would they? They’d prefer him go to L1 surely, as would he.
True. Borne out by the fact that they loaned their other hot striker from earlier in the season, Jonathan Leko, to Burton last week presumably in place of Walker who was being loaned to us.

I assume Williamson doesn't rate either of them and so played a 19 year old sole striker with midfielders Gilbey and Kemp behind him on Saturday before bringing Harrison off the bench.

True. Borne out by the fact that they loaned their other hot striker from earlier in the season, Jonathan Leko, to Burton last week presumably in place of Walker who was being loaned to us.

I assume Williamson doesn't rate either of them and so played a 19 year old sole striker with midfielders Gilbey and Kemp behind him on Saturday before bringing Harrison off the bench.

Didn’t realise that. So they’ve basically loaned out Leko and Eisa to L1 clubs?

I wonder what the reasoning is there? Making wage space for a big signing? Or are they in big debt and have to trim the budget? Seems weird otherwise.

So we think Nichols is out the door but do we think we might say goodbye to Nadesan also? Can't help but feel that Saturday might have been the last nail in the coffin for him but also on performances like that, who would want him?

do we think we might say goodbye to Nadesan also? Can't help but feel that Saturday might have been the last nail in the coffin for him but also on performances like that, who would want him?
That's the point, isn't it? for me, his "performance" on Saturday sealed his fate, but I can't see anyone taking him. Could be another mutual agreement situation, if there's time.

That's the point, isn't it? for me, his "performance" on Saturday sealed his fate, but I can't see anyone taking him. Could be another mutual agreement situation, if there's time.

I think we’re being very hasty to write off Nadesan’s gills career. If we were anywhere close to hammering in final nails to coffins, Nadesan wouldn’t have been picked in the starting XI in the last couple of weeks.

I think we’re being very hasty to write off Nadesan’s gills career. If we were anywhere close to hammering in final nails to coffins, Nadesan wouldn’t have been picked in the starting XI in the last couple of weeks.
See for me, I think Clemence was still experimenting with certain combinations. On paper you'd like to think Hawkins & Nadesan would work well with one's ability to win things in the air and the other's supposed pace. However, it has garnered a zero goal return. Bonne & Hawkins didn't have the best of games against Forest Green as a pairing, and if Nichols is supposedly off and with the likelihood that MK Dons were going to play the experienced but slow Lewington in defence, it would should have been a good opportunity for Nadesan to exploit that. I don't think many of us expected Walker to be thrown straight in on Saturday so it was Nadders' opportunity. But he didn't take it at all, and I can't see how Clemence would have been impressed with him continuing to be poor, when Walker did more in 20-25 mins than Nadesan has done in a month. After a performance like that, I'm struggling to see how he will benefit us for the rest of the season so I'd be of the opinion to cut our losses with him now and use the wages elsewhere.

See for me, I think Clemence was still experimenting with certain combinations. On paper you'd like to think Hawkins & Nadesan would work well with one's ability to win things in the air and the other's supposed pace. However, it has garnered a zero goal return. Bonne & Hawkins didn't have the best of games against Forest Green as a pairing, and if Nichols is supposedly off and with the likelihood that MK Dons were going to play the experienced but slow Lewington in defence, it would should have been a good opportunity for Nadesan to exploit that. I don't think many of us expected Walker to be thrown straight in on Saturday so it was Nadders' opportunity. But he didn't take it at all, and I can't see how Clemence would have been impressed with him continuing to be poor, when Walker did more in 20-25 mins than Nadesan has done in a month. After a performance like that, I'm struggling to see how he will benefit us for the rest of the season so I'd be of the opinion to cut our losses with him now and use the wages elsewhere.
We can only “cut our losses with him” if he agrees to leave, as he’s under contract.
He’d only agree to leave if we gave him at least a 3 month payoff, and he had another club offering similar wages lined up. I doubt it will happen.

I think you make a decent case for why Nadesan won’t be first choice with Walker having signed.

I still don’t see that we’re anywhere near a ‘final nail in the coffin situation’. Do you know when Nadesan’s contract is up? I’ve seen nothing about the length of the contract signed in the summer but would think it most likely to have been a two year deal and you very rarely see clubs paying up 18months on a contract.

For me Nadesan is an out of form striker. He was great at the start of the season before his injuries. I would plead patience at this stage rather than purge.

I think you make a decent case for why Nadesan won’t be first choice with Walker having signed.

I still don’t see that we’re anywhere near a ‘final nail in the coffin situation’. Do you know when Nadesan’s contract is up? I’ve seen nothing about the length of the contract signed in the summer but would think it most likely to have been a two year deal and you very rarely see clubs paying up 18months on a contract.

For me Nadesan is an out of form striker. He was great at the start of the season before his injuries. I would plead patience at this stage rather than purge.
The other alternative assuming Nadeem has another 18 months?
Could be to send him out on six months loan .
This could then throw up options for next season which could involve another chance if he did well or a move to another club perhaps paying off part of his contract as a sweeter.

The other alternative assuming Nadeem has another 18 months?
Could be to send him out on six months loan .

Only worthwhile if another club is willing to pay near enough all his wages. He can still be useful for us (as demonstrated by his early season form). I can’t see there being a long queue of takers for him.

10 starts, 10 sub appearances and 2 goals. Plus he looks like a poor player.

I hope he's only on a one year deal.

I'd prefer to keep Nichols than him.

NH made a big song and dance about his speed -really? If true, what's the point if you don't score goals or make the effort?