January transfer action and rumours | Page 3 | Vital Football

January transfer action and rumours

He's only got a contract till the end of the season hasn't he?

I'm in two minds about him, he's clearly got talent and an impact to change a game. Is he consistent and hard working enough to play in our team/system? Not as sure.

If we can get reasonable money for him, sure. But he would need replacing immediately.
We have an additional year option on Bowler

Sources: Stoke City, Coventry City and Blackpool make approaches to sign Leeds starlet McKinstry
Championship trio Stoke City, Coventry City and Blackpool have made approaches to sign Leeds United rising star Stuart McKinstry,
The midfielder, 19, has made his Premier League debut this season after making rapid strides his 2019 arrival from Motherwell.

A Leeds source has told Football Insider that the club have fielded multiple enquiries from clubs keen to take McKinstry for the second half of the season.
Stuart-McKinstry-II-1024x683.jpeg

Manager Marcelo Bielsa is now weighing up whether to loan the teenager out this month.
United are keen for McKinstry to get regular match experience at senior level after mainly playing Under-23s football since he joined the club.
But United have also been badly hit by injuries in recent months and are particularly short of midfield numbers.

Much could depend on whether Leeds are successful in signing midfielders in the newly-opened window.
Football Insider revealed on 18 December that the Premier League strugglers are in the market for two midfielders – a ‘number six’ anchorman who can provide cover and competition for the injured Kalvin Phillips and a ‘number eight’ who can create and operate higher up the pitch.
McKinstry is a versatile midfield operator who can play centrally as well as out wide.

He made his United debut in the EFL Cup win over Fulham last September and scored in the penalty shoot-out triumph.
Bielsa then handed the youngster his Premier League debut as a late substitute against Tottenham in November.

I wonder if there is any chance we might make an offer to buy Wintle? He is a tidy footballer with a good brain with his best years probably ahead of him. Would be sad to see him go.

I wonder if there is any chance we might make an offer to buy Wintle? He is a tidy footballer with a good brain with his best years probably ahead of him. Would be sad to see him go.

Its surely either a case of Cardiff want him back, and he goes. Or they don't, and we buy him?

He's shown he's good enough for this level.

I liked his better all round display yesterday. He seemed to head the ball more than I have seen him do previously and get involved more off the ball.
I would like us to sign him - he is a steady player.

I liked his better all round display yesterday. He seemed to head the ball more than I have seen him do previously and get involved more off the ball.
I would like us to sign him - he is a steady player.

A steady player in a problem position for us.

Comes down to price ultimately, similar to the Dale issue - what's Wintle actually worth?

Philadelphia Union’s Stuart Findlay is being eyed by a clutch of English Football League clubs this month.
Findlay, 26, joined Philadelphia Union from Kilmarnock last season. The Scot had previously spent his entire career in Scotland, bar from a brief spell in the Newcastle United set up.
He featured eight times in the MLS last season for Union. But now, O’Rourke has revealed on Twitter that Findlay is a target for several English clubs this month, including all of Preston North End, Blackpool, Sheffield Wednesday, Barnsley, Plymouth Argyle and Oxford United.

Dundee United midfielder Jeando Fuchs claimed in the past couple of weeks that Blackpool had made contact over a potential permanent move for the player who is out of contract at the end of the campaign.
Fuchs is a combative ball-winner and exactly the sort of player you would expect the Tangerines to look at in the window, particularly having gone for similar players in the summer such as Cameron Brannagan who remains linked but a January move would likely need big money on the table.