January Signings | Vital Football

January Signings

Chronic

Vital Football Hero
Would suggest these are the fundamental players we should be looking at. If we have any money at all.

* Joe Rothwell - CM/AM/LW
* Siriki Dembele - AM/LW/RW
* Jed Wallace - AM/RW
John Swift - CM/AM
Niclas Eliasson - LW/RW
Louie Sibley - AM/LW/RW
Kieffer Moore - CF
Ben Pearson - CM
Paddy McNair - CM/CB
Joe Lolley - RW/LW
* Matt Grimes - CM
Kamil Jozwiak - RW
Josh Maja - CF
Jonathan Kodjia - CF
Ryan Sessegnon - LWB/LW
Michael Gregoritsch - CF

* Expiring contract 2022

Preferred options

Any more suggestions?

We need to replace MGW, that could be Dembele and I wanted him this window. We need a long term replacement for Hourihane, that could be Rothwell or John Swift. Personally I think John Swift would be a great fit.

I could suggest a number of strikers but we are top heavy and no one is going anywhere so that won't happen.

Our priority for me is some more height at CB. So Cooper from Millwall you have suggested before. Any incomings have to be permanent for me so i don't think we will get any more than 2 players maximum.

Michael Hector would be a good one to offer a real physical presence at CB.

He's not a starter for Fulham, isn't about to be and by January they'll be as good as up so probably willing to sell players to us, especially if we're not anywhere near them in the table.

Cooper remains the top choice but I don't see how it's viable for January given what he'd cost and that we've only made loan signings.

Can't see any CBs coming in to be honest.

I think this subject is being discussed very prematurely. Slav is still sorting out Wilders clusterfuck and things seem to be slowly showing signs of progress. I suggest seeing where we are mid December and who is doing what for us and revisit this conversation.

I think this subject is being discussed very prematurely. Slav is still sorting out Wilders clusterfuck and things seem to be slowly showing signs of progress. I suggest seeing where we are mid December and who is doing what for us and revisit this conversation.
He'll sort out LCB soon.

Unless we get big offers for some of our current players, most of the names on this thread are unrealistic. Kieffer Moore would cost £15m+! We have one slot left for both loans and squad place, so I'd expect us to make one signing on loan and maybe a cheaper permanent if we can move one of the current squad players on (maybe Slater or Burke.)

Moore is 29 and would cost nowhere near £15m.

Could be gettable depending on Cardiff's financial situation.

We would probably have to sell McPub to fund it and create the space.

Moore is 29 and would cost nowhere near £15m.

Could be gettable depending on Cardiff's financial situation.

We would probably have to sell McPub to fund it and create the space.

According to the Telegraph Wolves were quoted £12m last month, so he's obviously more affordable than I thought. Panic over! Seriously though, even if we sold Berge and McBurnie we wouldn't be spending eight figures on a player at this level. I doubt we'd spend more than three or four million, and that's only if we move some players on to release funds.

I think Moore would be about £8m tops if it came to it. Might be wrong. But it wouldn't even be the worst spend. He's a reliable and influential CF who will retain his current effectiveness for at least another 3 years or so. Could get us up and help save money being spent on other strikers.

Gregoritsch is a good alternative because he's been out of Augsburg's team, should be affordable and offers an excellent all round skillset and can be a target man or number 10. 15 goal a season man in the Championship, minimum.

we are crying out for him

Are we? He didn't seem to do Cardiff much good today. In fact his form this season has been criticised quite a bit recently. He'd be a decent signing if we sell McBurnie, but we aren't signing another forward unless we move some on first. And certainly not for an eight figure fee.

Gregoritsch is a good alternative because he's been out of Augsburg's team, should be affordable and offers an excellent all round skillset and can be a target man or number 10. 15 goal a season man in the Championship, minimum.

I assume he's out of their team because he's only scored 7 goals in the last 4 seasons. He's never scored 15 goals in a season in his career and he's played in the German second division. I don't think the Austrian top flight is as strong as the Championship either for that matter.

I assume he's out of their team because he's only scored 7 goals in the last 4 seasons. He's never scored 15 goals in a season in his career and he's played in the German second division. I don't think the Austrian top flight is as strong as the Championship either for that matter.

Scored 13 in the German Bundesliga in 2017/18 and was linked with the likes of Leicester. 6 goals the season after. But hasn't played enough since. Has recently been starting and scoring for Austria though. Still only 27. Definitely needs a move.

Put him in our team and he'd be such an immediately obvious upgrade on McBurnie ability wise that our fans would absolutely lose their shit.