January Signings | Page 2 | Vital Football

January Signings

Scored 13 in the German Bundesliga in 2017/18 and was linked with the likes of Leicester. 6 goals the season after. But hasn't played enough since. Has recently been starting and scoring for Austria though. Still only 27. Definitely needs a move.

Put him in our team and he'd be such an immediately obvious upgrade on McBurnie ability wise that our fans would absolutely lose their shit.

He looked useful for Austria in the Euros to be fair, despite them being fairly rubbish. He seemed to play more as a "10" than a "9", which could be useful for us. Do you think he'd be available on loan?

He looked useful for Austria in the Euros to be fair, despite them being fairly rubbish. He seemed to play more as a "10" than a "9", which could be useful for us. Do you think he'd be available on loan?

Very possible. They loaned him out to Schalke not long back when he was similarly out of favour.

Must be nice someone on here being related to so many managers , Wilder, Clough. Bet there's never a problem getting free tickets.
Being a season ticket holder for many many seasons makes it easy to get tickets Peggy or don't they reward Loyalty in Winnipeg? :giggle: UTB

Very possible. They loaned him out to Schalke not long back when he was similarly out of favour.

That move was a disaster for both parties. Gregoritsch could barely put one foot in front of the other during his time in Gelsenkirchen. Talented player although I'm not sure he's suited to how Slav's trying to play.

An intriguing name out there is Aleksander Prijovic. Former Serb international without a club, bit of a journeyman who has become a prolific scorer the past few years, 31 now having last played in Saudi, was on Derby's books as a kid and had loans at Northampton and Yeovil. Big unit number 9 at 6'3 who just wants to stay up top bullying centre backs and getting on the end of chances.

If we can shift McBurnie on he'd be worth a look.

Whenever I watched Gregoritsch for Schalke (good debut aside) the service was beyond a joke. They were one of the most pathetic top division sides I've seen. Couldn't put 3 passes together.

He's played often as a centre forward more recently and is big and aggressive enough to get on the end of crosses.

I could only see him being an improvement on anything we have in terms of all round game, and a bigger aerial threat than McPub.

Romaine Sawyers would be a good signing.

WBA have loaned him out to Stoke.

He'd be better than Norwood for us because he's far more progressive and will move forward when he can - and by actually running with the ball.

Would fit in our current team for sure.

I see midfielder John Swift is the top goalscorer.. Didn't wilder want him in the PL but he got a bad injury? Sums this club up.

Should use January to start shaping the squad for next season. But we won't, because we're stupid. Certainly if last January is anything to go by.

Should use January to start shaping the squad for next season. But we won't, because we're stupid. Certainly if last January is anything to go by.
Be loans I bet. Gibbs-White is a good loan signing but I don't see the point in loaning a keeper were never going to sign permanently.

It would be great if we could offload as much of the expensive wasters as possible.

Take £10m for Sandra with a good sell on clause.
Loan Brewshite to Forest with Steve Cooper again.
Get a fee for Freeman so the poor sap can fuck off back down south ASAP, for his mental health. Maybe use him in an exchange deal.
Take any fee offered for Mousset.
Offer Norwank around for about £1.5m.
Exchange Burke for Joe Rothwell.

Are we? He didn't seem to do Cardiff much good today. In fact his form this season has been criticised quite a bit recently. He'd be a decent signing if we sell McBurnie, but we aren't signing another forward unless we move some on first. And certainly not for an eight figure fee.

I assume he's out of their team because he's only scored 7 goals in the last 4 seasons. He's never scored 15 goals in a season in his career and he's played in the German second division. I don't think the Austrian top flight is as strong as the Championship either for that matter.
so you judging him on one game hahahahahahahhaahahahah fantastic . messi wa crap the last game he played wouldnt we want him an all.