JANUARY SALES | Page 34 | Vital Football

JANUARY SALES

Apparently we are looking at Victor Adeboyejo at Burton who can play accross the front 3 and has a buy out clause. 11 goals and 2 assists in 25 appearances in L1.

Previously played 97 games for Barnsley accross L1 and Championship scoring 9 goals and 3 assists. So not prolific for them but them kept using him so i get the impression he was maybe a Heskey type striker who works for the team.

Looking at his highlights he seems quite strong and quick, able to hold the ball and run with it.

Never seen him play so can't pass any comment beyond that but at the moment we desperately need reinforcements and we've not got any money to buy proven players and i'm open to anything.

(316) Victor Adeboyejo: Barnsley 2021/22 - YouTube

French midfielder Christ Tiehi will not fly with the team #FCSL to #TipsportMaltaCup today.

This is his transfer to the English club Wigan Athletic. The player has already flown out for medical tests.

Christ Joël Junior Tiéhi (born 16 June 1998) is a French born Ivorian professional footballer who plays as a midfielder for Czech First League side Slovan Liberec.
age 24)Place of birth Paris, FranceHeight 1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)Position(s)Midfielder

Not surprised at this one given Toure's links to the Ivorian national team. Know nowt about him but he could be one of those unknown gems we have spoken of earlier.

Edit:
.....and also one of the reasons KT was appointed, for his knowledge of the African players.

Apparently we are looking at Victor Adeboyejo at Burton who can play accross the front 3 and has a buy out clause. 11 goals and 2 assists in 25 appearances in L1.

Previously played 97 games for Barnsley accross L1 and Championship scoring 9 goals and 3 assists. So not prolific for them but them kept using him so i get the impression he was maybe a Heskey type striker who works for the team.

Looking at his highlights he seems quite strong and quick, able to hold the ball and run with it.

Never seen him play so can't pass any comment beyond that but at the moment we desperately need reinforcements and we've not got any money to buy proven players and i'm open to anything.

Sounds like he's not been given much of a chance at his previous clubs. Think 60 odd of those appearances for Barnsley were as sub and it was the same on his loan spells. Burton have played him every game and seems like he's relishing it.

Hoping he'll be more Jason Roberts and less Omar Bogle

Not even divine intervention can save us. Maybe it was his spell at Tonbridge Angels that impressed. How he would qualify for a work permit I’ve no idea.

The lad from Burton can’t fail to be an upgrade on Magennis. Should do a decent job for us next year in league one.

That Christ Tiehi has had a very strange career.

He came through Le Harve youth set up in France, then came to England to play non league for a handful of games then went to lower Czech leagues, moved up the Czech levels and played in Champions League qualifying rounds this year. Not many players will have playing for Woking and Tunbridge and playing in European games on their CV.

I'm sure none of us have every heard of him, but someone who says they are a Czech football fan on social media said 'Very good holding midfielder, typically dependable in defence, fine blend of technique and physicality, added solid ball progression skills lately. Looked like he could be tried at CB, but that largely didn't end up being a case - so he's just a no. 6, nothing less, nothing more.'

Czech League isn't going to be the strongest, but it's good that we are looking for gems in places like that as it's somewhere other clubs don't bother looking and teams like us have to be innovative to find good players on our budget.

Not even divine intervention can save us. Maybe it was his spell at Tonbridge Angels that impressed. How he would qualify for a work permit I’ve no idea.

The lad from Burton can’t fail to be an upgrade on Magennis. Should do a decent job for us next year in league one.

I think the fact he's played in European games will give him enough points to get a work permit.

It's not looking good but i don't think we're as doomed as you think. It's not looking good but if we could win at the weekend and results go for us we're back in a decent position. I'm not saying we can or will do that - but we could.

Hoping he'll be more Jason Roberts and less Omar Bogle

I remember Bogles first couple of games where he scored 2 goals and i thought 'what a player we've found!' he looked big, quick, strong, good feet, eye for goal, scored free kicks, etc.

But those first 2 games we're literally it and it was all down hill after that!

I think the fact he's played in European games will give him enough points to get a work permit.

It's not looking good but i don't think we're as doomed as you think. It's not looking good but if we could win at the weekend and results go for us we're back in a decent position. I'm not saying we can or will do that - but we could.
Dream on my friend. He may get few goles in div one next season

You can make anyone look good in highlights packages and he is only playing in the Czech league, so can't really accurately judge a player on youtube videos.

But on the face of it he looks like he's comfortable on the ball and got a bit of pace and an eye for a pass. Link below.

(316) Christ Tiehi ● FC Slovan Liberec ● CM/CDM ● Highlights 2022 - YouTube

Looking at those highlights I would say he looks similar to Naylor, but with the ability to make the pass/cross. Quite combative and as you say comfortable with the ball at his feet.

I’ll take your word on being in a decent position, I know we’re bottom so honestly haven’t checked the bottom of the table for several weeks as can’t see our position improving.