January 2020 Transfers | Page 5 | Vital Football

January 2020 Transfers

Webber already came out and said we won't splash the cash in January. So does that mean even if we are still struggling and have players out we will still be looking to spend less than 2 million? Doesn't that just say that we are giving up and will just go again in championship next season (which Is a risk as we all know players like Aarons, Godfrey, pukki, Lewis will all go)? I'd rather we spend some money to help us stay up. DG says we don't need to sell because of our financial situation so why can't we buy? Go buy a good defender, a new winger and someone upfront who is different from pukki

Bears. I never said that :grinning::grinning:

If we can afford him maybe look at Ryan Manning at QPR. I have seen him a few times and he always impresses me. He is a left winger/Left Back/Central Midfielder.

I would hope that central defender is the main target but I do worry that the club will be looking in the German 2nd/3rd division for players. I saw the other day that Chelsea might be willing to loan out Reece James - Last season he was very good for Wigan. Apparently Newcastle and Southampton are both interested and both these clubs are in or around the relegation zone. I would like to think we might be interested too. He is naturally a right back but can play central defender or midfield.

Reece James is a player we should get on loan in Janaury

I agree we need a left sided CB as a must.

Sign more young players ...keep the pipeline growing

One website has us as scouting Greece. The website says that the players in the scout list were Daniel Podence, Mady Kamara, Konstantinos Tsimikas, Andreas Bouchalakis and Georgios Masuras. Just sounds like we had a scout watching the game and someone just guessed at players.

One website has us as scouting Greece. The website says that the players in the scout list were Daniel Podence, Mady Kamara, Konstantinos Tsimikas, Andreas Bouchalakis and Georgios Masuras. Just sounds like we had a scout watching the game and someone just guessed at players.

Guesswork by the journalist?

They all play for Olympiacos

DANIEL PODENCE - DOB 21/10/95 just turned 24 1m 65
Portuguese U23 - 9 apps 3goals
left winger - right foot
Was linked with Arsenal in the summer

MADY CAMARA - DOB 28/2/97 22 1m 82
Ghana - 10 apps
Defensive midfielder

KONSTANTINOS TSIMIKAS DOB 12/5/96 23 1m79
Greece - 3 full apps 16 U21 apps 2 goals
Left back - left midfielder

ANDREAS BOUCHALAKIS DOB 5/4/93 26 1m 86
Greece 9 full apps
central midfield

GEORGIOS MASOURAS
left winger
details already on this thread

May be we are looking for bargains?

So it was apparently Czech Republic holding midfielder Alex Kral who we were scouting. He is valued at 10 million so that rules us out.

So it was apparently Czech Republic holding midfielder Alex Kral who we were scouting. He is valued at 10 million so that rules us out.

No it doesn't! Easy payment terms can be negotiated......

ALEX KRAL
DOB 19/5/98 21 years old
1m 87 roughly 6' 1" or 6' 2"
DM can also play CB
Joined Spartak Moscow on the 1st Sept 2019.....might prefer to play regularly with us

Young and probably a big "unit", just what we need more power in defensive midfield (+Amadou) allied to a young left sided CB.

Youth and power!

OTBC!

Somebody suggested on a website (associated with a colour):

JHON LUCUMI
DOB 26/6/98 --> 21 years old
CB can also play LB
left footed
1m 86 tall
2 full caps for Colombia
Plays for Genk in the Jupiler Pro

No it doesn't! Easy payment terms can be negotiated......

ALEX KRAL
DOB 19/5/98 21 years old
1m 87 roughly 6' 1" or 6' 2"
DM can also play CB
Joined Spartak Moscow on the 1st Sept 2019.....might prefer to play regularly with us

Young and probably a big "unit", just what we need more power in defensive midfield (+Amadou) allied to a young left sided CB.

Youth and power!

OTBC!
Will they take £10 a year ?

Just out of interest - who from the side do you think will be loaned/sold in January - if any?

The squad is so small I can't see any unless we sign someone but players like Heise and Idah.

If we sign the Bayern Munich reserve striker (because he is cheap due to being out of contract in the summer) then I would expect Idah to go out on loan.

Regardless of what division we are in next season, we need a new defensive midfielder (whether we keep Ahmoud or not)
and a left sided centre back.

So we had agreed a fee (was it 4 million Wednesday wanted) and wages for Rhodes but Wednesday blocked the move. I know a few wanted him back but again it shows we were looking at wrong players. Rhodes isn't premiership level but I can see he had experience plus a good team guy but still money on another player who wasn't good enough.

I wonder if the club will still go back as Rhodes will be cheaper now.

On a poll 71% of fans voted to sign him...I'm.in the minority then of not going for him.