January 2020 Transfer Window | Page 2 | Vital Football

January 2020 Transfer Window

Based on the players brought in by cook to date i wouldn't let him have any money at all
Tad harsh that ?
Joe Williams and Antonee Robinson ?
I do wonder whether the club should look at having a coach instead of a manager.
That way, the club philosophy (whatever that is these days on the pitch) stays intact.
Unless of course that is what is in place and we are not aware of it.

If we are keeping Cook it is a waste of money doing anything in January to be honest. It would be like building on already collapsed foundations.

I'd take a different manager with no new signings rather than keep Cook and give him another 10m on players.

Any available funds must go to getting rid of Cook.

Might as well start selling players to balance the books for L1 next season as we'll get less for everyone after relegation and we'll need to cut the squad size, wage bill and offset 6m+ in lost revenue. I suspect it will be another fire sale like Malky was required to do. We are going to finish bottom anyway so it's financial damage limitation if we don't sack Cook.

As he was last season but with our constantly changing and out of form and position attacking midfielders and lack of wide men he has been starved of real service. Bloody Massey and Jacobs have been naff and Lowe hasn't exactly flattered. No one can come near Powell behind the striker and our dependence on full backs getting forward to send in the odd cross have all contributed to him and his replacement striker to a lack of goals. Week after week this has gone on and Cook persists in starving out his expensive striker.

As he was last season but with our constantly changing and out of form and position attacking midfielders and lack of wide men he has been starved of real service. Bloody Massey and Jacobs have been naff and Lowe hasn't exactly flattered. No one can come near Powell behind the striker and our dependence on full backs getting forward to send in the odd cross have all contributed to him and his replacement striker to a lack of goals. Week after week this has gone on and Cook persists in starving out his expensive striker.

To me it's obvious play Windass with Moore / Garner as a pair so you have the pace and movement and physical prescence and height compliment each other. Then have a wide midfielder and have wingers putting crosses in rather than relying on fullbacks who can't cross. I'd have Naismith on the left wing as he's our best crosser yet Jacobs who's worse than Naismith in every department and Massey who hides every gane keeps getting played ahead of him.

Or even give the supposed world beater Geldhartd a go. Cook keeps telling us he's so good - well if he's that good seems insane we don't use him.

Well, after what I heard yesterday from someone with first hand knowledge of the clubs books. If we go down prepare for a Bolton like calamity unless the owners dig very deep.

This is all on Royle and Jackson’s head. They’ve been delegated responsibility to run this club. They’re the ones keeping Cook in a job. They’re the ones who will be to blame if we’re relegated and the shit hits the fan.

Well, after what I heard yesterday from someone with first hand knowledge of the clubs books. If we go down prepare for a Bolton like calamity unless the owners dig very deep.

This is all on Royle and Jackson’s head. They’ve been delegated responsibility to run this club. They’re the ones keeping Cook in a job. They’re the ones who will be to blame if we’re relegated and the shit hits the fan.
Has their bookkeeper been telling tales? 🙄

To me it's obvious play Windass with Moore / Garner as a pair so you have the pace and movement and physical prescence and height compliment each other. Then have a wide midfielder and have wingers putting crosses in rather than relying on fullbacks who can't cross. I'd have Naismith on the left wing as he's our best crosser yet Jacobs who's worse than Naismith in every department and Massey who hides every gane keeps getting played ahead of him.

Or even give the supposed world beater Geldhartd a go. Cook keeps telling us he's so good - well if he's that good seems insane we don't use him.

I must admit KDZ I quite like Windass and Lowe as a pairing. Lowe has certainly looked better as a number nine and Windass has caused problems for the defences of both WBA and Huddersfield in the last two games. I think it gives us the pace up front and an ability to press the central defenders into panicking, creating chances. I would certainly be happy to start the next game with them up front and perhaps use Moore as an impact sub later in the game when the need for someone to hold the ball is necessary.

I am also happy to let Naismith continue as a central defender were I see his passing ability as useful when we play the ball out, although I was pleased to see Kipre moving forward with the ball instead of passing it sideways as has been the norm. I could actually see Naismith, Kipre and Mulgrew playing as a three at the back in home games and using Robinson and Byrne as true wing backs.

I do think there is potential in the squad to get us further up the table but I am still concerned that Cook will just revert to type and go negative at the first sign of pressure in a game.

He may not be a natural centre half but in the 2 games he's stood in there recently he's done little wrong. He's managed to link the midfield with the defence by virtue of being able to pass to the midfielders. It's highly possible he'll struggle when we are put under genuine and sustained pressure, although he did well at Leeds last season, but for now there's not much to criticise. If anyone hasn't noticed that in the last 2 games, or feels unable to admit, then I think it's them with the problem.

If I'm being honest for the first time ever I don't give a shit about the transfer window, I'm thoroughly pissed of with what's going on. But to make me feel better I'll be away all January cruising around the Far East ! I know but someone has to do it

If I'm being honest for the first time ever I don't give a shit about the transfer window, I'm thoroughly pissed of with what's going on. But to make me feel better I'll be away all January cruising around the Far East !
:toot::toot::toot: I know but someone has to do it
Have a lovely trip! And if by chance you happen to bump into Chairman Stanley Choi while you're out there cruising ... Ask him to sort it out will you!

God if any one think Naismith is a center back we realy are in a bad way

No one is saying that he is a natural centre back John, but the performances in the last couple of games have shown that he is able to play that position.

We are all aware on here of your views that none of our players are up to the standard and therefore I am not surprised by your attitude, but the evidence of the last couple of games shows that Naismith can do a job at centre half.

I am not saying that we should be looking to permanently play him in that position, but that at the moment he is a decent option and the experiment should continue. The next game could prove to be a shambles and he could completely cock it up but until that happens, or not, I think we should go with him as he definitely gives us options.

By the way, we were in a bad way before he was asked to play that position, but I would say we are in a slightly better way since he started playing there.

If we play Naismith and Mulgrew together i reckon we'd be solid in those positions, alot bloody better than the other two donkeys!

I'm guessing he is a better centre back than he is at spelling and he really performed well in the last couple of games.
Like I say every one to there own thoughts would not be one other club That would play him in that position
I'm guessing he is a better centre back than he is at spelling and he really performed well in the last couple of games.
Maybee I should look before I post bloody lap top But I know he is never a centre back

If we play Naismith and Mulgrew together i reckon we'd be solid in those positions, alot bloody better than the other two donkeys!
And both can’t kick with their right foot not a good combo. Also both are not very physical. Keep Cedric in there for now he’s not done much wrong the last couple of games

If we do go down it’s obvious that the club stand to lose millions. I think one thing that would be different for us is that Bolton already owed millions and had no assets to sell. Some of our players are decent and would sell for a fee. I’d expect a massive clear out if we got relegated and think we’d massively slash our budget. Unlike the last couple of times in league 1, I think it’d be a much smaller budget for us. We’d be more on a par with other clubs and would be very unlikely to get back at the first attempt. The club really need to make a decision quick about the manager. Things can’t go on the way they are or it’s inevitable that we’ll go down.