January 2020 Transfer target speculation and fantasies | Page 83 | Vital Football

January 2020 Transfer target speculation and fantasies

• Thread starter Deleted member 7310
  • Start date
What with you and Jonesy the end of the world can’t come quick enough.

It's not the end of the world . It's we are now loaning a midfielder who cannot get in a team weaker than ours . He is unproven and possibly not as good as what we have here . I do not think Jose has scouted him it's more that he was offered to west ham and we thought why not . I wanted someone to come in and make a difference and I do not think that he will . I know it's negative but we have seen so many proven midfielders that were stars in there teams come to the prem and not succeed . What I will say just something to think of . Marcus Edwards could not make it in our team but is a star in the Portuguese league

It's not the end of the world . It's we are now loaning a midfielder who cannot get in a team weaker than ours . He is unproven and possibly not as good as what we have here . I do not think Jose has scouted him it's more that he was offered to west ham and we thought why not . I wanted someone to come in and make a difference and I do not think that he will . I know it's negative but we have seen so many proven midfielders that were stars in there teams come to the prem and not succeed . What I will say just something to think of . Marcus Edwards could not make it in our team but is a star in the Portuguese league

Jose knows all about him; whilst he was sitting on his backside, he kept working along with his team and scouted most of the young players in Portugal, Spain and France - he also is close friends with the GM coach that the kid is coming from - and last but not least we had already scouted him, to the point of making a starting offer of 35 mill in the summer, but of course they turned us down flat and told us to get on our bike...we did this as we know they desperately need cash.

As for Marcus, I take your point - he's settled and playing in a very much less physical league - so from what I've seen my initial fear about this kid is he seems a lightweight.

Anyway, he's got alot of smart footballing people excited; but clearly we've taken a big gamble, so I guess we will have go wait and see.

But Jose wanted him and wanted him bad, so let's see if he knows what he's doing!?

I don't really get this Jose bashing on transfers that have only been mooted, none over the line, let alone seen on the pitch. We are in a new chapter, give the guy a chance to bring 'his' signings in and assess down the road. I think the memories of Poch's recruitment failures is prejudicing the views.

Let's see how Jose develops the recruits, how many weeks/month to bring them up to speed, how they fit in to his 'philosophy'. May be, just may be, we will have discovered one of those elusive gems that every other team seems to find.

BTW NRD, this post is not directed at you....humour acknowledged!

Jose knows all about him; whilst he was sitting on his backside, he kept working along with his team and scouted most of the young players in Portugal, Spain and France - he also is close friends with the GM coach that the kid is coming from - and last but not least we had already scouted him, to the point of making a starting offer of 35 mill in the summer, but of course they turned us down flat and told us to get on our bike...we did this as we know they desperately need cash.

As for Marcus, I take your point - he's settled and playing in a very much less physical league - so from what I've seen my initial fear about this kid is he seems a lightweight.

Anyway, he's got alot of smart footballing people excited; but clearly we've taken a big gamble, so I guess we will have go wait and see.

But Jose wanted him and wanted him bad, so let's see if he knows what he's doing!?

I know I am not Jose and I may not have his scouting system but I still have a few friends left in football . I have asked them about this lad . All I have gotten back is that he is a prospect as they have not seen enough of him .I hope he is top notch but let's be honest we thought , Clinton, Georges and Vincent were going to be quality when we signed them and they had done a lot more in better league's so I am holding my breath

I know I am not Jose and I may not have his scouting system but I still have a few friends left in football . I have asked them about this lad . All I have gotten back is that he is a prospect as they have not seen enough of him .I hope he is top notch but let's be honest we thought , Clinton, Georges and Vincent were going to be quality when we signed them and they had done a lot more in better league's so I am holding my breath

well the Chav's wanted him as well and were prepared to pay the 55 demand before his injury - so it's not just Jose who and us who seem to think he's gota lot to offer.

All we can do now PJ is wait and see....

pj, genuine question... Do you think any of Poch's signings (especially the N's) were given a proper chance?. I recall both showed promise in flashes and pre-seasons. Under Poch too many of our fringe players were getting cameo's at 85 mins. The favourites ruled regardless of performance or fatigue.

I am not getting carried away. when we got Lo Celso I looked at youtube of his skills and thought wow and I have just looked at youtube forfFerandes and again thought wow. But their skills are on shown a much lesser intensity league so I wont be holding my breath and will wait to see what happened.

I am not getting carried away. when we got Lo Celso I looked at youtube of his skills and thought wow and I have just looked at youtube forfFerandes and again thought wow. But their skills are on shown a much lesser intensity league so I wont be holding my breath and will wait to see what happened.

I've watched a few things Lo Celso has done this season and thought "wow". I've been nothing but impressed with his last 2 cameos and still smile about his away performance in Belgrade. I don't know anything about Gedson, but reasonably confident Jose will get a major tune out of Gio. Wouldn't surprise me if he gets a tune out of both of them and Ndombele in the same eleven, even this season.

pj, genuine question... Do you think any of Poch's signings (especially the N's) were given a proper chance?. I recall both showed promise in flashes and pre-seasons. Under Poch too many of our fringe players were getting cameo's at 85 mins. The favourites ruled regardless of performance or fatigue.

Genuinely no I do not . Poch had his favourite players and it didn't matter how they played they still started every week. If I am honest they came to us brimming with confidence and Poch destroyed it . Only Jansen got a bit of a chance for a season but that's it

well the Chav's wanted him as well and were prepared to pay the 55 demand before his injury - so it's not just Jose who and us who seem to think he's gota lot to offer.

All we can do now PJ is wait and see....

Chavs could not have gotten him as they had the transfer embargo so I think that is paper talk .

Like you say we will have to wait and see