January 2020 Transfer target speculation and fantasies | Vital Football

January 2020 Transfer target speculation and fantasies

• Thread starter Deleted member 7310
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 7310

Now that the summer window is behind us, let the winter window nonsense commence.

Can’t we have a rest from fantasy land....we have enough problems in the real world like City next week and what selection nightmare Poch will come up with for that one

This is a tough one. We don't know who is leaving yet. Looking long term Poch is seeking to rebuild the team so perhaps we need to consider which areas need refreshing over this new project rather than immediately.

The problem which occurs every January is what kind of quality is available mid season ?

I think we need a good number 2 keeper to develop into a number 1. A RB because I don't think Aurier is good enough. A CB even if the two grandads stay. A top striker . These are mostly short term areas not really rebuild needs. I suspect the quality we need either won't be available or will be too expensive.

The January transfer window should always be for setting up deals for the summer. Which we obviously did with Ndombele.

I'm fine with a loan deal if we need that extra bit or energy like the foxes did with Tielemans. Or a Lucas type signing as that will give them 6 months bedding in time.

Some rumours going around Aurier wants out so a RB will be needed even if KWP makes the grade.

We assume Jans gone?

I think we'll dig our heels in and keep him until the end of the season, but it's anyone's guess now - he's free to sign a pre-contract in Jan, so from a financial perspective it's a heads you lose, tails you lose scenario for the club now.

I'd cash in.

Eriksen has been linked with Juventus and the Italian transfer window closes on Sunday.

If he's still here come Monday, we only have Spain to worry about, which is Sept 2nd....

I think we'll dig our heels in and keep him until the end of the season, but it's anyone's guess now - he's free to sign a pre-contract in Jan, so from a financial perspective it's a heads you lose, tails you lose scenario for the club now.

I'd cash in.
What's the issue? Is it that we won't offer him a new contract or that he won't sign a new one? His comments a few days ago suggested he was very happy at the club.

What's the issue? Is it that we won't offer him a new contract or that he won't sign a new one? His comments a few days ago suggested he was very happy at the club.

Last I heard - a while back now - from someone in a position to probably know was that he wanted a 3 year deal wita doubling of his salary, supposedly we only offered a one year extension.

That's not a small a small financial difference - so as any good agent would do, he's drummed up alot of interest in Vert.

So to be honest it could be anyone after him now, but last I heard it was interest from Italy - the good news is their window closes on Sunday, so if he's still here next week, there's still hope a compromise can be reached - but I also know that the scouting team have been watching a small list of left sided CB's in Europe - so all we can do is watch and wait.

Last I heard - a while back now - from someone in a position to probably know was that he wanted a 3 year deal wita doubling of his salary, supposedly we only offered a one year extension.

That's not a small a small financial difference - so as any good agent would do, he's drummed up alot of interest in Vert.

So to be honest it could be anyone after him now, but last I heard it was interest from Italy - the good news is their window closes on Sunday, so if he's still here next week, there's still hope a compromise can be reached - but I also know that the scouting team have been watching a small list of left sided CB's in Europe - so all we can do is watch and wait.

I personally can’t see the issue of 3 years

As said elsewhere he isn’t going to go down hill fast and he will still be good enough to be back up/sell on

I hope a compromise can be made over wages

In which case, given his age and demands, I can't see any other club offering him what he wants.

As said elsewhere he isn’t going to go down hill fast and he will still be good enough to be back up/sell on

Statistically, players decline very quickly after 32 (his age) and become much higher prone to injury so a three year would be very unusual at the top level in the PL.

As for his resell value - I suspect after this year, it would be very small., Cahill would be a good example.

Would definitely hope a compromise on salary could be reached. In the here and now he's a major asset to the club.

An example of how much longer it's possible to play is of course the imperious and dirty fecker Giorgio Chiellini, who is 35/36 this season.

Can't easily recall ever seeing a top 4 club running on a CB that long?