January 2020 Transfer target speculation and fantasies | Page 80 | Vital Football

January 2020 Transfer target speculation and fantasies

• Thread starter Deleted member 7310
  • Start date
I hope he is an AM type; we desperately need a better option than Alli, who was again insignificant.

I think we will get to the point shortly when we see the damage Mopo did the the players to counter the good he did.

The DM concept is old hat imo....MFs should be capable of winning games the ball and taking the attack to the opposition...they should have the nous to play as a unit and know when to cover for each other and when to defend deep....having a player who does nothing except provide a wall pass for other MFs or wins the ball and passes it backwards or sideways is a waste of a playing position....someone like the Fernandes kid looks like he is capable of winning the ball and springing forward and scoring goals...if he can replicate that for us then brilliant.

The DM concept is old hat imo....MFs should be capable of winning games the ball and taking the attack to the opposition...they should have the nous to play as a unit and know when to cover for each other and when to defend deep....having a player who does nothing except provide a wall pass for other MFs or wins the ball and passes it backwards or sideways is a waste of a playing position....someone like the Fernandes kid looks like he is capable of winning the ball and springing forward and scoring goals...if he can replicate that for us then brilliant.

I agree with you that a DM as just a DM is very out dated a DM needs more strings to his bow . He has got to be the conductor. He has got to start nearly all the plays as well as finishing a few . For me a DM is one of the positions that you spend big on . He is not just standing in front of the defence he needs to have a engine. Me looking for a DM I would scout a turn of pace with good stamina, vision and a great range of pass , good at linking up playing as well as breaking up play , strength and a bit off aggression ,a good leader and can pop up with 5 or 6 goals a season . I know it's a lot but that's how important this position is . That's why I always liked Rabiot

Getting Gedson on loan I think would be good, if he can hit the ground running. I remember saying we should get him a year ago, along with Haaland and Zaha.

Another one of them 'what problem does he solve' signings ?

We're good at them.

He is another like Tanguy and Los Celso a general box to box midfielder. That's all I know as I do not usually watch the Portuguese league it doesn't interest me. I am concerned that we have players like him and he offers nothing different than Winks or Tanguy. There is no point watching clip's as they made Clinton and George's look good .

I must admit I am not a fan of signings like this. We have been burned to many times.The league is not ranked highly . We might be buying a player who looks a world beaters in that league but in the best league in the world not so much.I know Ronaldo has gone on to be a world beater but then you have Nani and more recently Renato Sanchez

I must admit I am not a fan of signings like this. We have been burned to many times.The league is not ranked highly . We might be buying a player who looks a world beaters in that league but in the best league in the world not so much.I know Ronaldo has gone on to be a world beater but then you have Nani and more recently Renato Sanchez

Wolves are doing just fine!!

Wolves are doing just fine!!

They only have neves who they signed as a young cm . But he went straight in the championship. Plus is that where you want to measure success from . How well Wolves are doing. We are trying to catch Liverpool and Manchester city not keep up with wolves. All I am saying is this lad cannot get in benficas team and that is a very poor league. We are looking for improvements .We have brought Tanguy and Los Celso from stronger league's and they were stars in there teams . They are barely holding there own. Now he may turn out quality I am just nervous as Renato Sanchez was a flop and Ruben neves was quality in the championship but is okay in our league .I would prefer Weigl , Rabiot or Diawara

They only have neves who they signed as a young cm . But he went straight in the championship. Plus is that where you want to measure success from . How well Wolves are doing. We are trying to catch Liverpool and Manchester city not keep up with wolves. All I am saying is this lad cannot get in benficas team and that is a very poor league. We are looking for improvements .We have brought Tanguy and Los Celso from stronger league's and they were stars in there teams . They are barely holding there own. Now he may turn out quality I am just nervous as Renato Sanchez was a flop and Ruben neves was quality in the championship but is okay in our league .I would prefer Weigl , Rabiot or Diawara

C'mon pj, if I may, was a lighthearted dig!

Secondly, I am also not sure about this kid that we are chasing, read somewhere he's been out injured for a while (so meets our criteria!).

Thirdly, yours " We are trying to catch Liverpool and Manchester city not keep up with wolves" ... not sure which league table you are looking at. At this moment in time, it would be considered a feat to overtake Wolves.... and Sheffield United!

Note: I DO agree with your point about Gedson. We're all busy googling the guy.

Secondly, I am also not sure about this kid that we are chasing, read somewhere he's been out injured for a while (so meets our criteria!).

Thirdly, yours " We are trying to catch Liverpool and Manchester city not keep up with wolves" ... not sure which league table you are looking at. At this moment in time, it would be considered a feat to overtake Wolves.... and Sheffield United!

I know at the moment we are not placed well but I hope we all agree our aim is top 4 not mid table.

Google is the only place I can get any information about the lad . They say he wants to leave to get first team football. As if our team is easier to get in. He is definitely not the signing I would hope for. If I had my dream I would go all out for Ndidi but that is a dream

Danny Rose is probably having a meltdown.

I suppose if nothing else it will piss off West Ham no end. And just when they thought they had beaten off Chelsea to his signature...

When we complete this loan unless Lo celso is done we can’t loan in anyone else.

According to one website, Gedson had a metatarsal fracture heading into the season. I hope he's through that complex injury.

This one is going to be interesting as we need players now and I just have a feeling he's not oven ready. Doesn't mean he wouldn't be a great loan to buy though. The thought of a Sissoko with a football brain does get you thinking.