January 2020 Transfer target speculation and fantasies | Page 127 | Vital Football

January 2020 Transfer target speculation and fantasies

• Thread starter Deleted member 7310
  • Start date
So our final 25 man squad is

Lloris, Gazza, Vorm
Davies, Sess, Aurier, Foyth
Toby, Jan, Sanchez, Tanganga
Dier, Winks, Sissoko, Ndombele, Gedson, Skipp
Lo Celso, Dele, Moura, Bergwijn, Lamela
Kane, Son, Parrott

I'm to be convinced it is good enough to close a 6 point gap on top 4.

Good post.

Those injured: Davies, Sissoko, Kane.

Those that aren't ready: Skipp, Troy.

Those that aren't good enough to be in the squad: Gaz, Vorm, Foyth, Dier, Lamela ( injuries make him unreliable).

So that leaves a 15 man squad.

We ain't doing shit with that.

Good post.

Those that aren't good enough to be in the squad: Gaz, Vorm, Foyth, Dier, Lamela ( injuries make him unreliable).

Well hopefully Davies tops the 1st team numbers up very soon and we won't need any backup keepers again this season. That in itself keeps 2 leaders permanently in the back line.

We also need Ndombele firing. That guy could make such a difference to the outcome of our season, especially fully fit.

For me, it's not that we're any worse or better than anyone other than City or Pool but Leicester and Chelsea have the points in the bag. I might change my mind after next 6 games if the games against each other go to plan.

Chelsea - Utd (h), Spurs (h), Bournemouth (a), Everton (h), Villa (a), City (h)
Utd - Chels (a), Watford (h), Everton (a), City (h), Spurs (a), Sheff Utd (h)
Spurs - City (h), Villa (a), Chelsea (a), Wolves (h), Burnley (a), Utd (h)
Wolves - Utd (a), Leicester (h), Norwich (h), Spurs (a), Brighton (h), West Ham (a)

Good post.

I think you will find its worse than that. Gedson showed last week he is not yet ready ,if Jose keeps starting him that will harm us. Also Bergwijn maybe good enough but not for weeks maybe months. Both players may come good but I have not seen a player coming from a lesser league even players coming from similar league's do not hit the ground running. Lo Celso has taken a while Tanguy has not yet adjusted. It took Lucas nearly a season same with Son . These players came with from tougher league's but all struggled.Unless they are different we could have numbers but not ability yet .
Although I would not have Lamela on their he is fit at the moment and playing very well

I think you will find its worse than that. Gedson showed last week he is not yet ready ,if Jose keeps starting him that will harm us. Also Bergwijn maybe good enough but not for weeks maybe months. Both players may come good but I have not seen a player coming from a lesser league even players coming from similar league's do not hit the ground running. Lo Celso has taken a while Tanguy has not yet adjusted. It took Lucas nearly a season same with Son . These players came with from tougher league's but all struggled.Unless they are different we could have numbers but not ability yet .
Although I would not have Lamela on their he is fit at the moment and playing very well

Jose is going to work them all like dogs to get them fit enough to contribute, but I agree it may not be enough; that said players always seem to adjust quicker in the Jan window that they do if they come in the summer.

It's going to be tough, really tough for everyone for the next few months.

Jose is going to work them all like dogs to get them fit enough to contribute, but I agree it may not be enough; that said players always seem to adjust quicker in the Jan window that they do if they come in the summer.

It's going to be tough, really tough for everyone for the next few months.

Tougher on Gedson has he has not played much at least Bergwijn is match fit . He definitely has got his work cut out .

I don’t understand the angst guys...surely none of you expect us to achieve top4 after the shambles of a start and the CL and FA cup are similarly out of reach unless luck plays a huge part and we suddenly become a cohesive team and Chelsea, Leicester and Wolves drop loads of points.

its about building a platform for next season.

Question, should we have got Bruno Fernandes instead of N'Dombele ?

In 17 games this season Fernandes has got 8 goals and 7 assists.

Question, should we have got Bruno Fernandes instead of N'Dombele ?

In 17 games this season Fernandes has got 8 goals and 7 assists.

In the summer we wanted Bruno. But we couldn't afford the down payment they wanted.

Even United shuddered at it. Through desperation they decided to go for it. Quality player though.

I understand it's hard to sign players in Jan so why lose 2 FBs with no prospect of replacing them ?
We are now vulnerable at FB on both sides.
Neither Aurier or Davies are top 4 level . Davies has an ankle problem which could cause him long term problems like it has Winks. Aurier is inconsistent and if he gets injured we have little cover now with KWP gone. Tanganga can cover both sides but is inexperienced. Jose has already said Sess is not a FB. Then we are getting into the territory of Sanchez, Dier and Vert at FB if things go tits up.
If we take risks by tempting fate it has bit us on the ass before.
We have already seen Cirkin picked as cover at LB FFS.
Just when we recognise we are leaking too many goals, we thin out our defensive players even more.

If our front six kept better possession and worked the opposition more, they wouldn’t have so much time and energy to pepper our goal.

Last edited:
I understand it's hard to sign players in Jan so why lose 2 FBs with no prospect of replacing them ?
We are now vulnerable at FB on both sides.
Neither Aurier or Davies are top 4 level . Davies has an ankle problem which could cause him long term problems like it has Winks. Aurier is inconsistent and if he gets injured we have little cover now with KWP gone. Tanganga can cover both sides but is inexperienced. Jose has already said Sess is not a FB. Then we are getting into the territory of Sanchez, Dier and Vert at FB if things go tits up.
If we take risks by tempting fate it has bit us on the ass before.
We have already seen Cirkin picked as cover at LB FFS.
Just when we recognise we are leaking too many goals, we thin out our defensive players even more.

Because neither are in our plans, got to take the chance to offload whilst we can

I know EX said that, so why aren’t Sky or anyone else...after all £44 million is not a small sum of money.

It was the down payment which was the issue. They wanted it all up front.

We don't have the funds for that. We wanted to split the transfer fee over a long period. Most teams do.

Only the likes of United, Madrid, Barcelona and City can do it.