January 2019 Transfer Window | Page 61 | Vital Football

January 2019 Transfer Window

• Thread starter Deleted member 7310
  • Start date
Thought you were amazed we got him over all the other clubs?

Sherwood self promoting himself as scouting Eriksen when he saw him play against England holds little weight for me.

I'm of the opinion that we absolutely MUST sign players this Jan. There's no point having a shiny new stadium if we don't have any players or manager for it. Grealish dare I say it is worth a punt around this time (better than Lamela), as are a couple of the youngsters being banded about. Given that it's Jan, I don't mind a youngster now with a big name if we sell any of our stars in the summer.

Sherwood self promoting himself as scouting Eriksen when he saw him play against England holds little weight for me.

lol - didn't we sign 7 players that summer, or did Sherwood only work on the one deal that has turned out fantastic.

The 16 years of combined tenure of Inglethorpe and Ramsey was totally insignificant as well. That was all Sherwood :-)

I was amazed - and your memory is amazing; but I was amazed because I couldn't believe the top clubs tracking him didn't move before us!!

Lots scouted him - but I do know for a fact that he badgered Levy about him non-stop.

lol - didn't we sign 7 players that summer, or did Sherwood only work on the one deal that has turned out fantastic.

The 16 years of combined tenure of Inglethorpe and Ramsey was totally insignificant as well. That was all Sherwood :-)

you should already know, success has many parents and failure is an orphan :-)

And as it turned out - he had no say in the 7 we signed that summer - except for one.....and you know who that is..we had some muppet of a Dof who brought the lot in....so, he probably deserves some credit for getting 1.5 in 7 right..!

The funniest thing was he claimed to have seen him at 17 for Denmark at Wembley Vs England and told Levy to sign him. Eriksen had never played at Wembley until 2014 when he was 22 and already at Spurs.

Two theories were either Tim meant when Eriksen was 19 when England played them in Denmark, and he watched on telly along with everyone else. Or an u17 game at Wembley in 2010 which Eriksen didn't play in. At best it's an exaggeration to make himself seem more important to signing a player than he actually was where he got some details muddled, at worst a complete lie.

Nothing would suprise me with Tim - he never was one for gripping the details - which in my book is why he's failed as a coach.

Someone has to be - and Eriksen was looked over by just about every top team in Europe, but was deemed too weak, and too slow and simply not good enough to step up - Tim saw it and urged us to get him, and Tim thinks Grealish is made of the same type; creative and smart with two good feet...

so, I'd be inclined to take that risk.

Spurs have made Eriksen what he is today, nothing to say we can't make Grealish a top international either in my book..

Yes there is Grealish is the reason... not good or gifted enough to get near what Ericksen is. Okay here is my shout nice and early so we don't have the caveats added to his name like we do Maddison. Bruno Fernandes of sporting 24 years old far higher ceiling for improvement than Grealish and right now affordable. Link below for the YouTube scouts. He should be at Spurs shadowing Christian he is sooo similar.

Last edited:
Tim Sherwood is as responsible for us signing Ericksen as I am you do buy some guff EX

We were tracking Eriksen for some time. TBF I believe he was part of that tracking but in true Tim fashion, it's been slightly exaggerated.

Tim Sherwood is as responsible for us signing Ericksen as I am you do buy some guff EX

I was at a sponsors breakfast, with Levy in the room when Tim repeated how he 'badgered the Chairman to sign him' - Levy smiled alot and everyone laughed....and applauded him....

...make of it what you will.. :tophat:

Nicely written article on Janssen after last nights game - https://www.football.london/tottenh...ent-janssen-scouting-report-breaking-15723537

He scored and assisted in the 5-4, got himself booked and dealt with some rough stuff from the Bilbao young guns.

This probably gets it about right..." He looks to have got himself in decent shape, he's leaner and seems half a yard faster as evidenced by his goal. Clearly the 24-year-old doesn't have what Pochettino is looking for but he should still have a decent professional career elsewhere if he can steer clear of injury."

This time next week is transfer deadline. We need to get a move on with some of these deals. Let's hope there's some suitors.

The grapevine is certainly heating up with talk of N'Koudou going to Besiktas on loan for the rest of the season with an option to make the deal permanent.

If we do let him go then you'd hope that is pretty good evidence that we are going to bring somebody else in to the squad. However, we seen this club sell players we might need during an injury crisis before.

Nicely written article on Janssen after last nights game - https://www.football.london/tottenh...ent-janssen-scouting-report-breaking-15723537

He scored and assisted in the 5-4, got himself booked and dealt with some rough stuff from the Bilbao young guns.

This probably gets it about right..." He looks to have got himself in decent shape, he's leaner and seems half a yard faster as evidenced by his goal. Clearly the 24-year-old doesn't have what Pochettino is looking for but he should still have a decent professional career elsewhere if he can steer clear of injury."

This time next week is transfer deadline. We need to get a move on with some of these deals. Let's hope there's some suitors.

I still think he is not at the level, but I still cant get my head around making him unpickable given the current situation?

How does it help?

What if someone else picks up an injury?

Could be useful for Palace, he comes in scores and people are more likely to take a punt?

The grapevine is certainly heating up with talk of N'Koudou going to Besiktas on loan for the rest of the season with an option to make the deal permanent.

If we do let him go then you'd hope that is pretty good evidence that we are going to bring somebody else in to the squad. However, we seen this club sell players we might need during an injury crisis before.

I think Malcolm will happen

I still think he is not at the level, but I still cant get my head around making him unpickable given the current situation?

How does it help?

What if someone else picks up an injury?

Could be useful for Palace, he comes in scores and people are more likely to take a punt?

Well it was Jack Roles who got 9 out of 10 with his performance and 2 goals in the ratings I read. Whilst he plays the Dele Alli role in the 23's, he's more likely to get the attacker vote.

You'd like to think Janssen wasn't unpickable in certain injury scenarios though.