Janssen gettin' a squad number then? | Vital Football

Janssen gettin' a squad number then?

xvausch

Vital Football Hero
Seriously though, wtf?

No way he could be risked in a Prem match, and he's certainly not playing in a CL match, out of the domestic cups, the only games this guy's fit to play are the U23's. Wait, that's taking pitch time away from another player that might actually appear for a minute with the senior team sometime in the next decade.

This is the weirdest situation. Wonder if someday it'll get written in a book.

I thought the £10m price was solid info, nobody was willing to pay that, obviously. So then not loaning him out looks plainly stupid.

Unless you plan on giving him a squad number.

Hitting

Honestly I would play him...I know Llorente scored...but seriously the bar is EXTREMELY low. I would play Janssen against Newcastle...I really would. He is more dynamic, he actually can run, and I think with the system we play, he fits better.

Seems we wanted too much money.

Like I said if you can't get rid of him over 4 transfer windows then what does that say about us?

We should have flogged him for a few million. Take the hit accept he was a crap signing and move on. But of course we can't do that.

My guess is that Poch will name him in the Prem squad as a token gesture only and leave him training with the U23's for the next 4 months.

With Harrison gone to Oz, and Sterling gone to Sunderland it's not as if Janssen is blocking the path of other players in the U23's. He's actually filling a position where we don't have too many players available. That will be his chance to get his match fitness and goal scoring form back, albeit at a lower standard.

After Poch's comments this month about him, I'd be shocked to see him involved with the 1st team setup.

Apparently a few windows are still open - Russia anyone?

When it became clear we were not getting a fee for him should have covered his wages and sent him on loan somewhere

Like I said if you can't get rid of him over 4 transfer windows then what does that say about us?

We should have flogged him for a few million. Take the hit accept he was a crap signing and move on. But of course we can't do that.
Plus it's not fair on the player either RD.

'we' weren't the problem; we offered him for sale, for loan, loan with a sale, wages subsidised etc

Him/his agent may well be a better target for your ire.

He's better than Llorente, there I said it

Whether he is, has been, could be, might never be isn't the issue anymore - the bridge has been burnt at both ends - he really isn't worth discussing anymore.

hes acted like a complete twat.

Whether he is, has been, could be, might never be isn't the issue anymore - the bridge has been burnt at both ends - he really isn't worth discussing anymore.

hes acted like a complete twat.

Ex...I guess I still don't see it...though I know I don't see everything you see. To me dudes that act like complete twats are those assclowns that act like divas and talk to the media. I have never heard Janssen say anything negative about the club or MP. (did I miss that?)

I get that maybe he got out of shape, etc...but the dude is playing in the U23's and they do run don't they? You still have to be in good shape to do that...and he is scoring...and the dude faster than Llorente, the tectonic plates of forwards...!

Ok I am not a huge backer of Janssen, I just don't get how the bridges can be THAT burnt. Unless he simply isn't better than Llorente, which I find hard to believe, than get him on the pitch, we are in no position to drop points over MP being asshurt.

Ex...I guess I still don't see it...though I know I don't see everything you see. To me dudes that act like complete twats are those assclowns that act like divas and talk to the media. I have never heard Janssen say anything negative about the club or MP. (did I miss that?)

I get that maybe he got out of shape, etc...but the dude is playing in the U23's and they do run don't they? You still have to be in good shape to do that...and he is scoring...and the dude faster than Llorente, the tectonic plates of forwards...!

Ok I am not a huge backer of Janssen, I just don't get how the bridges can be THAT burnt. Unless he simply isn't better than Llorente, which I find hard to believe, than get him on the pitch, we are in no position to drop points over MP being asshurt.

You're in an outfit that should/does demands standards of behaviour, both personally (to some extent) and professionally - if you let one fragment of a unit get away with not following or adhering to those standards, and will not respond in the manner you'd expect of a professional - would you simply invite him back into the fold after numerous 'second chances'?

or would you conclude that having the unit dynamic undermined be worth taking a 'risk all' approach.

I know what I would do; I'd say keep your mouth shout, behave respectively and we won't do anything other than support you finding a new unit to behave the way you believe you can/should.....

'we' weren't the problem; we offered him for sale, for loan, loan with a sale, wages subsidised etc

Him/his agent may well be a better target for your ire.

I don't care if he is a nob head like his agent the club has had 4 transfer windows to get shot of him and failed.

We have had enough time to negotiate a deal to ship him out. Maybe the way he has been treated he is making a point?

The club is not perfect and has treated players like the shit on your shoe numerous times so I'm not buying it's all down to him and his agent.

Fml he’s been given the number 9

What’s changed in 2 weeks

You're in an outfit that should/does demands standards of behaviour, both personally (to some extent) and professionally - if you let one fragment of a unit get away with not following or adhering to those standards, and will not respond in the manner you'd expect of a professional - would you simply invite him back into the fold after numerous 'second chances'?

or would you conclude that having the unit dynamic undermined be worth taking a 'risk all' approach.

I know what I would do; I'd say keep your mouth shout, behave respectively and we won't do anything other than support you finding a new unit to behave the way you believe you can/should.....

Wow, copy all Ex...it was really that bad...then I agree. Crazy that it got that bad.

Pochettino performs Janssen U-turn and confirms striker is now in Tottenham's plans
play
2:05 PM
Mauricio Pochettino has said Vincent Janssen will be part of Tottenham's Premier League squad for the rest of the season after he was unable to secure a move away.

Spurs hoped to sell the striker, who last played for the club in August 2017, for around £15 million in January, but no offers materialised and even discussions with Real Betis and Schalke about a loan move fell through before Thursday's 11 p.m. transfer deadline.

Janssen was not registered in Spurs' Premier League squad for the first half of the season but he has been named in the list that was submitted on Friday.
Pochettino, who stated last month that the 24-year-old was not in plans, told a news conference: "You know very well my position because I told you in the past.

"In the same way, when we now have two free places -- with Georges-Kevin Nkoudou going to Monaco and [Mousa] Dembele to China -- I think he's going to be on the list.

"That is my decision, that he's going to be involved with the first team from today and he's going to be like another player, with the chances -- if he deserves it -- to be in the squad or to play.

"For different reasons -- but the principle reason was a sporting decision -- one year ago we decided to send him on loan [to Fenerbahce] and then in the last year he didn't play because he was injured. After [it was about] trying to find solutions because the player wanted to leave the club, and the club wanted to provide for him another place to play football.

"But in the end when that was impossible I think the most important thing now is to treat him [properly] because he's a person, and my responsibility is to manage people, not chairs or sofas or furniture.

"Always he behaved well. That is so important, that he was very respectful with everyone.

"For different reasons he can't go away -- reasons that are difficult of course to understand for me.

"But in the moment he cannot agree with the club, or the club cannot agree with him, to find a place for him to play and feel happy, of course I'm a person and we are people that always care. My decision straight away was to invite him in and to open the door to the first team."