Janssen gettin' a squad number then? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Janssen gettin' a squad number then?

You couldn't make it up! - He's talking about Sofas and furniture again. Do we need to refer him to a dementia clinic?!

You couldn't make it up! - He's talking about Sofas and furniture again. Do we need to refer him to a dementia clinic?!

No. He makes sense. Treat your people really well and they'll run through a brick wall for you.

If Jansen’s fit, then why not play him? We have few else. He could also be up for a couple of goals. He’s been rested enough, he could surprise us. After all Pochettino isn’t stupid. You never know. If only for the unknown factor.

We don't have any games against U14 teams so I don't see him getting in.

We mustn’t forget that Jansen, before he came to us, scored a pile of goals at his previous club and had a good reputation. Why he didn’t gel with us bemused most of us but then he did score a couple before got injured. I would expect him to come good in some way at some time. I feel sorry for the guy. He did well at his previous, that must have been a come down and I hate to see a life wasted. If we can’t get more out of him, let him go to a club where he can.

Never say never !! I thought he was frozen out for whatever reason. He now is part of the squad again and it's in his hands, where as before it wasn't. He needs to get fit and prove he is good enough.

I am willing him to succeed, he is a Spurs player so whether he improves and contributes or makes his asking price and is sold good luck to him. I don't want him to fail.

Whether he is, has been, could be, might never be isn't the issue anymore - the bridge has been burnt at both ends - he really isn't worth discussing anymore.

hes acted like a complete twat.
So what's your take on the decision? Is it a real opportunity? Has he admitted his mistakes and asked for one? Or is it a way to drive up his sticker price?

I don't doubt Ex for a single minute about Janssen needing to shoulder the blame for his lack of ethics as a professional. That being said, Poch airing his dirty laundry in public with Janssen was dumb and continues to be. Today was, on one hand, a climb down from Poch after deciding to get Janssen back involved. On the other hand it could be lip service if Janssen doesn't make a single 18 man squad. We'll find out.

I did read somewhere that Poch had consulted his 1st team squad and it felt like the collective group had welcomed him back into the fold. I think we all know that it seems like the right football decision with our current options up top.

If he’s hurt his chances with a lack of professionalism in the past then that’s a shame, but there is a goalgetter in Janssen whether that’s a tier below or at mid table level is anyone’s guess. Llorente, who’s scored loads of goals in La Liga and had a good season at Swansea is currently top dog behind Kane, which is less of a liability if his confidence grows and can sharpen up. We’ve seen him play poorly but I’d probably play him too if I was managing the club (only we’d be lucky to avoid relegation if that was the case).

My point, I think, is that baggage from the past doesn’t always need to be schlepped along. Life, as Kierkegaard put it, can only be understood backwards but must be lived forwards. So too is the case in a season of football.

Perhaps, the way Pochettini has handled this situation has taught Janssen how to be a professional.

Totally forgot about him.

Poch might not have a choice but I bet he will try anyone else further up the pitch first before giving him another chance.

lol -just posted exactly the same thing on another thread. He's not registered for CL but surely some of that unselfish work-rate would be good in the league if squad members need a rest.

Argh sorry.....

I could see him making a cameo in Brighton game... unless he really is on the shit list