Jan 18 Transfers | Page 26 | Vital Football

Jan 18 Transfers

I see Russell Martin is already making mistakes and under pressure at Rangers. He made two mistakes that led to goals on Sunday and was apparently awful. He gave away a penalty and did his usual poor clearance that led to another goal. He gave away a penalty a few weeks back too.

God we will be stuck with him next season at this rate

I think Naismith will leave as I think Scottish Prem is his level and he seems to be doing okay at Hearts and has said that he is happy to play for nothing so wages will not be a problem. I think that we will accept a very low bid like 2.5 million.

Martin might just be released (we pay him off) but I am sure a league 1 or other Scottish club might want him around.

Wes will probably be off too.

Apparently players like Martin, naismith and Jerome were not happy with the intense fitness training that DF and his coaches perform and so they weren't played. It shows though because these guys were never ones to keep on going and most of the time they were dead on their feet. I think under AN training became lacklustre and easy. Players who don't appear on DF teamsheet are either injured or just not fit enough. I wonder if we will ever see Wes again?

I think we will see Klose again . He will listen to offers of a new contract . I hope he stays ...he is a born leader and is exactly what we need .

Wes’s age is now against him , but I hope he stays at the club and gets his testimonial

Yeah, Klose would stay if offered a new deal but will he be happy to take a lower wage? It might also come down to if Webber wants money for him and he looks at Raggett - Hanley - Zimmer - Franke as the defenders for next season?

Reed has said that he won't stay at saints if they won't give him 1st team football. He says he would be happy to go on loan again or leave permanent.

Would you guys want him back on loan or signed full time?

I think he's be a good squad player but he wants 1st team football. I wouldn't want him as our back up RB though. I've only seen him in the flesh 3 times and on tv once so can't give a view on him.

DF said that with the chances we had we should have been 6 up by half time.

That's why we aren't in play offs.

Do you guys think that Webber knows our forward line needs improving? Surely we can't go with the same two again next season?

Three forwards at least next season.

Its been clear to us for 3 seasons so they have either not had funds or mistakenly think we are
ok with what we have.

DF made the huge mistake of thinking that loser Jerome was the best striker in the League and didn’t need another striker. After the Millwall debacle we spent the cash on defenders instead . Now we have been left with the misfiring Oli and and an import who knows nothing of this League .

It seems Srbeny is thrown on and plays on the wings.

I see that Fulham want at least £50 million for their youngster Ryan Sessegnon and Sheffield United are asking for £15 million for their young forward David Brooks, who has only played 10 games this season and scored 1. on this basis we must be looking at at least £30 million for Maddison. I do worry that the club will cash cheaper than they should. If a club comes in with £20 million plus add-ons over a few seasons they would accept. Hold out for the 30 and see what happens.

Agreed Bears.
The club has a terrible record over past years for giving away youth
players and selling others on the cheap.

Should have asked a hell of lot more for Redmond and Piltchard .

Mind you we got a good deal on the useless JerMissOme :grin:

Franke still wants a career at Norwich but it will be down to DF and Webber in the summer. When I first saw him I thought he looks decent but after the Villa/Millwall games, I really thought he was out of his depth.

I must admit I like Farkes words today about total commitment these last 12 games . He says anyone dreaming about buckets and spades will get a rude awakening , and that there will be no slacking off .

That I like , but what I really want to see is those brave words translated in to wins on the pitch

The effort is there its just that his tactics of boring slow build up sideways passing is not resulting in any attempts on goal other than long range shooting so maybe he should have thought about the striker situation earlier than now.