Jan 18 Transfers | Page 24 | Vital Football

Jan 18 Transfers

FCBEARS - 2/2/2018 13:59

I think we wanted to try to buy him now as in the summer he will have lots of more suitors as he will be on free.

I doubt that Luton lad will be on a free as he is under 24 so if Luton offer him the right sort of contract t then it goes to the clubs trying to agree a fee. If they cant it then goes to a tribunial who decide what the fee would be and I would be amazed if they said zero given the offer we are rumoured to have made.

On the pink un talk today Paddy and Bailey were asked if Maddison was sold how much would DF get.

Paddy replied that he was told that if Maddison went for 15/16 million DF would be given 1 to 4 million of that! if he went for more then the same applies.

Wow, that isn't great.

It will take a long time to get over the mess created by Rab and his mates. Expect very little from sales to go into getting us up as the Board have zero amibition to get us into the Prem

Time to say goodbye . Tettey reckons he cant play more than once a week and is one the remaining players on fat Prem wages . He has avoided most of the criticism that the other failures received , but I seem to remember he was part of the side that lost us our precious Prem place . He is not part of the future at NC

Tettey however can be very influential in the team, he really isnt so bad! if he wasnt satisfactorarily replaced we would hurt!

I take the point about fat prem wages. However, whenever he plays our midfield is more stable.

As ffl says we would need an equivalent replacement.;

The way things are moving, I would not be surprised to see one in June.

Facts do not lie!
Tettey has started eleven league matches this season. Those eleven matches have ended in nine wins, one draw and one loss. That is an average of 2.55 points per game. The team have only conceded four goals with Alex in the side too.

He`s not needed eh!!

I am not saying the likes of a Tettey style midfielder is not needed , but IMO we cannot afford to keep paying high wages to someone who has stated he can’t play more than one game a week . I would prefer to see a younger , fitter and hungry player who can play the two games a week required in the Championship