It's Howe's choice | Page 3 | Vital Football

It's Howe's choice

There are absolutely no leaks on transfers from the club, so other than shitbits relentlessly in the press we have no clue what is happening until they announce the signings.

Have to agree with OM on the FFP although the powers that be are waiting for us to put a foot out of line and will be down on us like a ton of bricks

There are absolutely no leaks on transfers from the club, so other than shitbits relentlessly in the press we have no clue what is happening until they announce the signings.
The media are playing silly buggers with us, making it look like we are floundering in the transfer market.

They won't stop until "the richest club in the world" spend loads of dosh on exotic sounding names, then they will attack us in a different way.

Look at how we got Botman, Isak and Gordan, business as usual this window.

We're the easiest club to write/make up transfer rumours about now so this will continue for the foreseeable future. The latest shit fest about us losing out on targets to Liverpool being right at the top.

Even though the likes of Eddie Howe and Dan Ashworth have stated umpteen times about a player's mentality or hunger to play for us, people still moan if a target, that may well not have been wanted officially as the club would never admit, goes elsewhere. This means that if any player has a preference to play for another club, then they would never be a target for us and in the case of the few players mentioned that have gone to other clubs, we may have put the feelers out before moving on.

That said, this isn't the Ashley circus era anymore and whoever we get, the 2 or 3 we need, will have been thoroughly examined so im calm and will be till the window closes. I say 2 or 3 because we don't need to and can't revamp the squad every season. Tweaks here and there with a sprinkling of better quality is what's need. Slow and steady has been the keywords from day one and continues to be apt.

I wouldn't mind betting we were never really in for half these players we are supposed to have lost out on. I am not sure if they would all actually improve our first 11 either. Although I guess maybe we need more strength in depth to compete (perhaps "play" would be a better word at this stage) in CL next year.

Just back from ower the Lakes for the last 10 days & avoiding screens.
Good to see the signing of Tonali finally made official.
Midfield looking a lot stronger now with his signing & plenty of options.
Bit disappointed with not signing Maddison but wtf,think Gordon has the
ability to play in that position & in time the number 10 role we've been crying out for over the years & he's faster.
Can still see us hopefully bringing in a left back alongside another winger/striker.
Can't wait for the season to start, onwards & upwards!!

It's going to be difficult to build on what we have. We are only really going for promising youngsters or world class stars and given the constraints of FFP its hard to get the latter. Maybe the profile of Eddie Howe makes it harder too. Top players will always be attracted to playing under the accepted world class managers and for the known massive clubs. When we had KK (for example) there is no doubt people joined the club to play under the great man/former world class player. So I guess we have to build slowly, which is exactly what we are doing.

It's going to be difficult to build on what we have. We are only really going for promising youngsters or world class stars and given the constraints of FFP its hard to get the latter. Maybe the profile of Eddie Howe makes it harder too. Top players will always be attracted to playing under the accepted world class managers and for the known massive clubs. When we had KK (for example) there is no doubt people joined the club to play under the great man/former world class player. So I guess we have to build slowly, which is exactly what we are doing.
Agree with the bulk of that CT but am hopeful there might be the odd top player whose ambition to be great outweigh their ambition to be super wealthy.

Ashworth and co are hard selling a very attractive package to anyone who matches the above criteria.

Just back from ower the Lakes for the last 10 days & avoiding screens.
Good to see the signing of Tonali finally made official.
Midfield looking a lot stronger now with his signing & plenty of options.
Bit disappointed with not signing Maddison but wtf,think Gordon has the
ability to play in that position & in time the number 10 role we've been crying out for over the years & he's faster.
Can still see us hopefully bringing in a left back alongside another winger/striker.
Can't wait for the season to start, onwards & upwards!!
I'm struggling with the Tonali signing to be honest Ry and am currently having to draw on my very strong faith in the recruitment team and a brown paper bag in order to stay calm.

Agree with the bulk of that CT but am hopeful there might be the odd top player whose ambition to be great outweigh their ambition to be super wealthy.

Ashworth and co are hard selling a very attractive package to anyone who matches the above criteria.
Well to be fair we saw that with Trippier, Botman, Bruno, Isak and hopefully now Tonali. Personally I think Gordon will prove to be a top signing too.

Howe is a class act to be fair.

However, Captain Calamity on his Newcastle future:

“Of course I want to stay. I love every minute of being at Newcastle, since I’ve been here it’s been fantastic and being the captain is such a huge honour for me.

I’m not that much of a selfish person, I want the team to do well, I want the fans to experience the team doing well and if it means missing a few games I’ll take it on the chin because it’s a team game.

I’ll always give my all whatever position I’m in, I play for the badge and I’ll always give my all on and off the pitch.”

You want PL wages whilst only being League 2 quality, if that. Alllllll aboard, the gravy train!

The sooner cloggers like this clown are out the club the better. Taking up squad spaces and wages.

Howe is a class act to be fair.

However, Captain Calamity on his Newcastle future:

“Of course I want to stay. I love every minute of being at Newcastle, since I’ve been here it’s been fantastic and being the captain is such a huge honour for me.

I’m not that much of a selfish person, I want the team to do well, I want the fans to experience the team doing well and if it means missing a few games I’ll take it on the chin because it’s a team game.

I’ll always give my all whatever position I’m in, I play for the badge and I’ll always give my all on and off the pitch.”

You want PL wages whilst only being League 2 quality, if that. Alllllll aboard, the gravy train!

The sooner cloggers like this clown are out the club the better. Taking up squad spaces and wages.

Hehe

I think I'll go with 'class act' Howe's opinion over yours

You've got an ever growing portfolio entitled 'I've got it spectacularly wrong again'

Think you're missing the point O.M. of Howe extending the contracts of the likes of Lascelles & Richie.
He may well have them earmarked for a future as part of the backroom staff.
They both evidently have a rapport with their team mates, whether they're playing or not & Howe's philosophy of taking the holistic approach to the squad & not the team must be part of his thinking.
They could easily pick up 1st team football elsewhere, the fact they haven't
bodes well for us.
Howe knows what he's doing!!