It's Howe's choice | Vital Football

It's Howe's choice

I don't think it's a case of backing him because it's quite openly being reported that Howe has a Summer budget of between £75m - £100m. I reckon the target will be for 2 decent players that upgrade us and another 1 or 2 to upgrade the squad/bench.

This will or may change if the likes of ASM move on and I dont think we'll go for the likes of Diaby unless he does.

Based on no inside knowledge or rumour shite. I reckon there'll be further talk of the likes of Jack Harrison, Harvey Barnes and more of the relegated midfielders coming in. Tierney and McTominay were being talked of being done deals a while back so I dont know what's in that unless these are the type of overall squad improvements they want and not in the first team upgrade target list.

Personally I would target Declan Rice and get a couple of loans in as well as the squad upgrades for now before seeing where we are come January. Howe said it would be slow and sure so there wont and cant be any massive upheavals because it could ruin momentum. That said, James Maddison is probably the most obvious signing we want and it could be done this week.

Moussa dembele striker from Lyon is free agent so is firmino. Either 1 of them, Maddison, szoboszlai and salisu for me. Salisu is a beast who can also play left back. Tierney is made of glass

Villa have just signed tielemans on a free. Villa? Can't believe he didn't go to a better team. I'd have had him all day long and it wouldn't have affected ffp

Villa have just signed tielemans on a free. Villa? Can't believe he didn't go to a better team. I'd have had him all day long and it wouldn't have affected ffp
Liverpool have got a bargain with Mcallister as well, cracking player.

An unbelievable bit of business and not a mention of it prior to the agreement in principle. Some clubs seem to have a black out when they are after a player and it breaks when the deal is done.

Aye when you consider Chelsea paid over 100 million for his midfield partner it is good business. Still hope he flops though

An unbelievable bit of business and not a mention of it prior to the agreement in principle. Some clubs seem to have a black out when they are after a player and it breaks when the deal is done.
That's the importance of getting deals done early. We should have had Maddison wrapped up, now spurs are sniffing. Which means even if we end up getting him, Leicester can let the 2 teams bid away.

Getting a bit irritated with the Maddison debacle.
Either get it done in the next few days or move on.
We need a number 10 & need to break the wage structure.
Felix on a season loan for me would cause havoc alongside Isak & Wilson for starters & wouldn't affect FFP.

Getting a bit irritated with the Maddison debacle.
Either get it done in the next few days or move on.
We need a number 10 & need to break the wage structure.
Felix on a season loan for me would cause havoc alongside Isak & Wilson for starters & wouldn't affect FFP.
Totally agree. The longer you wait, the more expensive it gets. Plus, the player needs his contract sorted ASAP.
Just do the deal IMHO

Fabrizio Romano gave an update today saying we're demanding an answer from Leicester this week or it's onto other targets. Obviously it's Leicester who are dragging their heels trying to extort as much out of us or spurs. Leicester apparently planning for the premier league on first attempt so that's enough for me to hope they stay down. Maddison would be number one priority target but 60m for a player with a year left. I'd move on if spurs want to be extorted let them.

I've got to say Maddison for 50 mill is hard no from me. One year left and his recent injury issues make it a 25 mill only deal. In other words a one you can't turn down. I rate him, but I worry about his over all reliability or lack of.

I'm reading that they're after two midfielders and then any others are add ons. Can't seriously be looking to go into the season with European football without adding at least one striker? Wilson is good but I can't imagine he will manage the new season without a long spell in the treatment room

I don't dislike them because they want to come back up, it's more the expectation that it's just a formality. Besides, Leicester haven't been the same since their original owner died. Hate to say it but the son or whoever is running the show hasn't a clue. As seen by their results this season.

There is always one or two of the so called 'big six' interested in any player we seem to want to sign. I don't suppose it will ever be accepted that we are operating within the parameters that have been set since the takeover.

Part of me actually hopes Maddison runs his contract down and walks for nothing. Extremely unlikely to happen but to be asking that amount for a player with a year left is disgraceful.

I've got to say Maddison for 50 mill is hard no from me. One year left and his recent injury issues make it a 25 mill only deal. In other words a one you can't turn down. I rate him, but I worry about his over all reliability or lack of.

Haven’t his supposed injury issues allowed him to play the vast majority of games?