It`s Swindon - but no-one cares.... | Page 2 | Vital Football

It`s Swindon - but no-one cares....

So far so lucky. Daylight robbery - we did it to Crewe and have been done a couple of times ourselves this season, but would sooner we get our act together. Would be amazing if we can somehow get to half time on top.

One positive is that the Swine defence looks very shaky and slow. Sort ourselves our and this is a gimme.

After the first twenty minutes we managed to get back in the game at least, SE to sort it out during the break could have been 3-5

Think their keepers gotten away with flinging an arm at Vad there

Agree with that. Oliver was being a pest in getting close to the keeper and could have been penalised himself, but the keeper twice threw his arm at him in retaliation - had the ref seen it or Oliver went down, could have been a pen and a red card.

Commentary team stuck in the Gills no good script when things have changed before their eyes. Playing Gills Ball -fart around fart around, and then bang bang goal. It’s how we play. Right now it’s working.

Really enjoyed that first half.

Lucky to be in front but certainly finished the half the stronger of the two teams.

Don't think we were playing poorly even in the first 15 minutes, Swindon were just playing very well.

Looking forward to the second half and hopefully we can match Wednesday nights performance. A goal in front of the Rainham End would be very nice.

Great counterattacking goal once again, starting with a good save/interception from Bonham, perfect flick on from Akinde and Oliver's finish showed how much confidence he has at the moment.

Since my last comment where I said we were basically shit, lucky and it was daylight robbery, I thought we ended the half - last 10-15mins well in top. Swindon created nothing bad a bizarre foul against their striker on the edge of the box which the ref gave as a foul against the perpetrator, Jackson. Dempsey and Roberson had good chances from the edge of the box. Akinde and Dempsey were through 2 v 1 and Dempsey should have been slotted in for a one on one, and Akinde had the ball in the back of the net, but Oliver unnecessarily fouled the defender in the aerial battle in the set up, which he didn’t need to do is much bigger, faster and better than their CB

All in, we are lucky to be in front overall but were much the better team as the half ended and will hopefully come out in the same vain.

Swindon commentators comparing the easy on the eye fluency of Crewe vs the gills brand of football at it most basic. Effective but basic. Only one football playing team they say!

Agree with that. Oliver was being a pest in getting close to the keeper and could have been penalised himself, but the keeper twice threw his arm at him in retaliation - had the ref seen it or Oliver went down, could have been a pen and a red card.
Also saw that. I'm actually glad Oliver didn't throw himself to the ground. I loathe it when so called footballers do that. Competing on the edge is ok by me but blatant feigning of injury is a disgrace to the game.

Swindon commentators comparing the easy on the eye fluency of Crewe vs the gills brand of football at it most basic. Effective but basic. Only one football playing team they say!
Made me laugh when he said that the pitch is hard but doesn’t affect Gills cos we don’t play on the deck

May be true, but I haven’t seen a lot of aesthetically pleasing football from Swindon. They just haven’t got the outlets we have up top.