It`s Swindon - but no-one cares.... | Vital Football

It`s Swindon - but no-one cares....

LancsGordoRoad

Vital Champions League
... do they ?

Have we all mellowed ?

Most of our recently assembled team will not have the faintest idea that there`s an element of enmity to this fixture, and there`ll be no home crowd to remind them. When Vadaine Oliver was interviewed post Bristol Rovers, the rivalry with Swindon was put to him. He didn`t know anything about it. Neither did Steve Evans !

SE was a lot more concerned with making sure he didn`t indicate that our team for today would be the same one that started at Brizzle. "There`ll be changes" he kept saying ! I imagine that the Swindon manager was at the Gills game on Wednesday and SE is probably high up the list of managers engrossed in cat and mouse tactics.

TBH, be surprised if we don`t start today`s game with the same team as on Wednesday as, reading between the lines, it appears that Jordan Graham might be out for a couple of weeks and also young Zech`s leg would was quite nasty. Of course, SE might have been double bluffing !

Anyhow, does this Swindon thing matter any more ?

... do they ?

Have we all mellowed ?

Most of our recently assembled team will not have the faintest idea that there`s an element of enmity to this fixture, and there`ll be no home crowd to remind them. When Vadaine Oliver was interviewed post Bristol Rovers, the rivalry with Swindon was put to him. He didn`t know anything about it. Neither did Steve Evans !

SE was a lot more concerned with making sure he didn`t indicate that our team for today would be the same one that started at Brizzle. "There`ll be changes" he kept saying ! I imagine that the Swindon manager was at the Gills game on Wednesday and SE is probably high up the list of managers engrossed in cat and mouse tactics.

TBH, be surprised if we don`t start today`s game with the same team as on Wednesday as, reading between the lines, it appears that Jordan Graham might be out for a couple of weeks and also young Zech`s leg would was quite nasty. Of course, SE might have been double bluffing !

Anyhow, does this Swindon thing matter any more ?
May as well... it makes it more fun ! I don’t mean ambushing their fans/ napalming Swindon etc. Was at both games and playoffs etc but confidently say i’ve got over it !
Funny though,although the recent statistics say otherwise apparently, i’ve always felt they were more successful than us/ slightly bigger support etc and thats as good a reason to keep it going for me....

Bonham, Jackson, Tucker, Ogilvie, O'Connor, McKenzie, Robertson, Dempsey, Samuel, Akinde, Oliver.
subs: Walsh, Drysdale, Woods, MacDonald, Eccles, Willock, Coyle

It certainly is not a two way thing. I suspect it never has been, particularly as it could be said that the Swine got the better of us in both controversial games and they were both over three decades ago. Swine fans are not bothered about us and just see it as another fixture

Although I remember those games, I go along with the rivalry more as a laugh. Our natural rivalries are with Charlton and Millwall although they would see themselves as bigger clubs.

Football was a different game in those days when every team had its hard players and its sneaky players. McHale happened to be both but Ken Price and Steve White, among others, also deserve dishonourable mentions.

Making do with commentary as we've lost every game I've paid to view so far this season.

That piped in crowd noise is irritating though, the real Priestfield would be much quieter.