It looks like some seasons are over... | Page 2 | Vital Football

It looks like some seasons are over...

I dont think there will be a Fair or Unfair way to deal with this, The big loser in this could be Barrow, It is something that i dont think any off us would have foreseen Sad for all those suffering around the world, Football will continue, Sadly some people wont

I dont think there will be a Fair or Unfair way to deal with this, The big loser in this could be Barrow, It is something that i dont think any off us would have foreseen Sad for all those suffering around the world, Football will continue, Sadly some people wont

If this decision to annul all leagues below National League is next applied to the rest of us (which would now seem the logical decision), then Barrow at least might still find themselves moving up because of the Bury vacancy.
Whenever we do restart, chances are there will be quite a number of gaps in many divisions as we will see some or maybe plenty of clubs pack up entirely during this crisis.
[Rhyl FC near me already being reported as likely to fold after 141 years]
So it would then make sense for all the various gaps, wherever they may be, to get filled by advancing clubs from below.

And should that prove to be the scenario, who might take Bury's place in our division?

I can reassure you that we're not. The mortality rate for bubonic plague (aka The Black Death) has been estimated as at least 50%.

Well for those ending up in hospital (whilst that's still possible), that's about the going death rate on this one too.
And once all beds full including any they manage to dream up, then even more will be dying.
If i get it, that will be it for me.

Worried.

How about if any new season begins with teams on the points they have now. Teams just build from where they are and teams have the opportunity to dig themselves out of relegation positions, get into play offs etc. This seems fair whilst allowing for progress 2 seasons become 1 ( I think that was a Spice Girls song, but let's ignore that).
So all we’d be playing for was to avoid relegation starting that many points behind, so that’s a no from me

Well for those ending up in hospital (whilst that's still possible), that's about the going death rate on this one too.
And once all beds full including any they manage to dream up, then even more will be dying.
If i get it, that will be it for me.

Worried.

Of course - me too, I have underlying health conditions.

But it isn't the Black Death or an apocalypse as you stated. One can be personally worried, whilst keeping perspective. Stay well.

Thirty clubs are set to challenge the voiding of the Step 7 to 3 leagues. The decision to expunge the results for the current season is yet to be ratified by the FA, so it could yet change.

This only hints at the issues that lay in store, in the event the EFL and PL seasons being declared null and void.

Last edited:
As this hasn't been ratified you wonder if this was a tester announcement for the rest of football. See if it is accepted at the lower levels than make the same decision for the 7 remaining plus the 2 Ladies leagues??

With the way it has gone down though it might be easily reversed

So, if the season is to be voided, will Bolton start with -12 points again? They better had...

I wasn't comfortable with the off loading of so many of our more experienced and better players in January, we made life unnecessarily difficult for ourselves on the pitch, but off the pitch we got lucky financially as things have turned out. We also have the benefit of approx £800,000 of season ticket money in the Bank as a buffer, but what it might now be used for may be survival rather than improving the side for next season whenever that might be. Just how many of the 22 will be around when we next kick off, just hope it includes us.
It makes you wonder when we do come out of this how many of the regular 8,000 will want to turn up in such a confined space, reassurances that it is safe to gather again at football matches and big sporting events will only go so far with a lot of people, consequences could be huge and will take a long time to forget and move on with normal life.
UTI.