Is there still any reason to vote Conservative? | Page 4 | Vital Football

Is there still any reason to vote Conservative?

Of course the national debt has:

But with Labour wanting Lockdown sooner, deeper and longer, national debt could only have been even worse.
This stance makes me laugh, a report was made in 2021 that confirmed had the lockdown been implemented when Bojo was warned, 25,000 people that had COVID-19 stated as the cause of death could have been saved. More than 2 filled Priestfield stadiums of people could still be alive today.

Of course the national debt has:

But with Labour wanting Lockdown sooner, deeper and longer, national debt could only have been even worse.

They wanted lockdown so it would quicker and therefore less restrictive to the economy and peoples mental health. Johnson and co dragged their feet with everything, ignored scientific advice and even sold off all our PPE in Jan and Feb 2020 when they knew it was coming, unless they were told the virus only affects those who Italian or Spanish.

Also under Labour the health service would have been in better nick as it was before meaning wed have coped better. Labour used to have growth, wages that weren't falling behind with inflation and public services that worked. We were even growing in 2009 and 2010 before Cameron came in and started slashing everything to within an inch of its life.

Western European nations mostly did better because they acted faster and had people in charge who weren't mad. We literally had Rees Mog, Dorries, Johnson, Zahawi in the top jobs.

The last time our debt went down.......Labour, its what Liz Truss called growth.

This stance makes me laugh, a report was made in 2021 that confirmed had the lockdown been implemented when Bojo was warned, 25,000 people that had COVID-19 stated as the cause of death could have been saved. More than 2 filled Priestfield stadiums of people could still be alive today.

Finally a Gills-related post 🙏🙏🙏

The U.K. was actually 16th in Europe for Covid deaths per head of population.
23rd in the world.
We didn’t do good but neither did most.

Wind and solar are, by nature, intermittent. Battery technology is nowhere near good enough to store and deploy energy on the scale needed to sustain society using electricity as it currently does, let alone what will be needed when all transportation is electrified along with heating. The largest battery installations on earth can only store enough to keep a small city running for an hour. You can't just keep other power sources on standby either because the enormous resources needed to stop and restart them (the Danes tried this, constantly starting and stopping fossil fuel plants was actually releasing more CO2 than keeping them running 24/7). While renewables have a place, without a massive leap in technology that doesn't seem imminent I doubt they'll be able to fully power a modern, first world society any time soon.
A sensible system would be one where solar is providing power when the sun’s shining, wind is providing power when the wind‘s blowing, tidal is used when the tides rise and fall and wave power when there’s a swell. In the unlikely event that none of those are available we use the next best alternative which is probably gas. The aim is to vastly reduce our reliance on fossil fuels. Not necessarily to eliminate it entirely until the technology is there to do so. We have already had days when the electricity supply system has used no fossil fuels. Batteries are not the only way to store electricity. Dinorwic in Wales proves that.

If you look around yourself and don't see the ever increasing inequality, then there is no explaining it to you.

Examples - Motorways full of new and nearly new performance cars and Chelsea tractors at a time of near recession for most. The ever expanding second homes and buy to let markets, etc, when so many of the young can not afford a home or mortgage.

Essentially its those trying to find places for their excess funds and earnings v those working three jobs or on zero hours contracts (don't they work hard trying to improve their families lives?), doing their own dentistry out of desperation and struggling to afford a roof over their heads when landlords regularly raise rents.

That's just a start.

So many of those earning obscene sums seem to be in jobs that don't actually create or produce anything, like agents, middle men and recruitment consultants.
100%

Small nuclear power plants are the answer.
Wind , tidal and solar too. But unless energy storage catches up , we need nuclear.
Agree with this nuclear has to play a role too, the storage batteries are getting better and will continue to improve, but the ban on things like wind farms (which are now proven to actually improve habitat for wildlife) and solar farms is ridiculous short termism. A lot more could be done with tidal energy too as mentioned above.

The aim needs to be an exporter of surplus energy and only dependent on ourselves to make it. Nuclear has an important role to play within that.

Nationally owned too would be my preference, but there you go.

Boris found guilty of misleading the house of commons
Seven voted against the report .They deserve to be lied to continuously.Just hope their consistency kicks them out.As for the rest of the Tories who abstained they are happy for a future government to lie about anything basically.A grim day for the house.Hope the people see that the MPS who didn't vote all deserve to be given the boot as well.

Boris found guilty of misleading the house of commons
Seven voted against the report .They deserve to be lied to continuously.Just hope their consistency kicks them out.As for the rest of the Tories who abstained they are happy for a future government to lie about anything basically.A grim day for the house.Hope the people see that the MPS who didn't vote all deserve to be given the boot as well.
About 250 Tories bottled it. Disgraceful that they are further undermining Parliament. Johnson has poisoned the well.

About 250 Tories bottled it. Disgraceful that they are furtd😃her undermining Parliament. Johnson has poisoned the well.
Agreed to think they are the party that lead calls to bring back control to the UK parliament.I rather be told the truth by a European than lied to by a English prime minister.
What your MP did below.
Tracy Crouch and Christi abstained.
My MP Tory Jo Churchill voted for the motion so against Boris.

Last edited:
If you look around yourself and don't see the ever increasing inequality, then there is no explaining it to you.

Examples - Motorways full of new and nearly new performance cars and Chelsea tractors at a time of near recession for most. The ever expanding second homes and buy to let markets, etc, when so many of the young can not afford a home or mortgage.

Essentially its those trying to find places for their excess funds and earnings v those working three jobs or on zero hours contracts (don't they work hard trying to improve their families lives?), doing their own dentistry out of desperation and struggling to afford a roof over their heads when landlords regularly raise rents.

That's just a start.

So many of those earning obscene sums seem to be in jobs that don't actually create or produce anything, like agents, middle men and recruitment consultants.

The vast majority of the jobs in the UK don’t produce anything, we are a service industry

I am sorry I strongly disagree.Corbyn had some good ideas and was anti establishment .But the British public have always favoured the centre ground especially during more difficult financial times.He lost the election because his spending was way beyond what the country could afford.He lost the election because he divided not only Labour but the centre left .Starmer it has already been seen has a workable relationship with Ed Davey should he ever need that .Corbyn was always a bit of a maverick and I respect him for saying what he believes.But on Brexit he as good as hid .That more than anything possibly resulted in Brexit getting the go ahead.Afterward he lead a deeply divided party and strangely a bit like Rishi Sunak he again buried his head in the sand perhaps at the most important time when this country needed leadership.

I am sorry I strongly disagree.Corbyn had some good ideas and was anti establishment .But the British public have always favoured the centre ground especially during more difficult financial times.He lost the election because his spending was way beyond what the country could afford.He lost the election because he divided not only Labour but the centre left .Starmer it has already been seen has a workable relationship with Ed Davey should he ever need that .Corbyn was always a bit of a maverick and I respect him for saying what he believes.But on Brexit he as good as hid .That more than anything possibly resulted in Brexit getting the go ahead.Afterward he lead a deeply divided party and strangely a bit like Rishi Sunak he again buried his head in the sand perhaps at the most important time when this country needed leadership.
I respect your opinion, Chris, but Corbyn was the most popular Labour leader after Blair. I agree that, unfortunately, he tried to side-step the Brexit vote, as he (personally) wished to leave, but felt compromised. However, on a spending issue... could he have done any worse than the Tories have ?... I think that he was one of the very few honest politicians we have ever had. The antisemitism slur made about him was completely unfounded. The elite, or the establishment, wanted him out, so did everything necessary to oust him.

I respect your opinion, Chris, but Corbyn was the most popular Labour leader after Blair. I agree that, unfortunately, he tried to side-step the Brexit vote, as he (personally) wished to leave, but felt compromised. However, on a spending issue... could he have done any worse than the Tories have ?... I think that he was one of the very few honest politicians we have ever had. The antisemitism slur made about him was completely unfounded. The elite, or the establishment, wanted him out, so did everything necessary to oust him.
Dodging the most important issue for the electorate was his downfall.Nobody else in the Labour party was to blame for his own failure to address the most important issue.Perhaps his leadership came at the wrong time.But that is a matter for the Labour party and it's members.Personally I am happy to vote for whoever is in the best position to beat the Tories in my constituency.Although I will never be a Labour or indeed Green party member.I have more time for Jo Churchill (our Tory MP) than many .But she is still a member of a very bad government party.That needs to be removed from power regardless of if there is anything better in my opinion.This government is rotten to the core and in my view people should not even consider giving them their vote.

Last edited:
I could never forgive Corbyn over Brexit. It wasn’t that he enabled Brexit as such but because he never seriously tried to get a coalition around something sensible like a Norway or a Switzerland style arrangement. Whilst I’d still have much preferred to remain a full member, I would have accepted either of those options. Remember it was Farage who said “Why would it be such a bad thing to be like Norway or Switzerland”, which of course was part of the dishonesty around the debate with that option being denied as being “too close to the EU” after the event. In the end he was a large part of getting us where we are now which is looking increasingly unsustainable.

There is a group of people who believe that having a Conservative government is always the best option and will thus always vote that way.

Likewise there is a group of people who believe the same of the Labour party.

These groups used to be much larger and they are getting smaller as time moves on, there is now a much larger group of people in the middle with no 'loyalty' either way and will vote for whoever they believe will be the most competent at a particular point in time.

Which means elections are more volatile with much larger swings one way to the other.

However, all governments have a 'tipping' point when people have given up on them and whatever they do from then on is meaningless cause people no longer think they turn it around. We saw it under Major and then Brown. We've reached that point now i believe.