Is there still any reason to vote Conservative? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Is there still any reason to vote Conservative?

Millions are feeling the same , there's no-one listening to them. We need a new party that acts on the issues most important.

National debt has doubled, yes doubled, since Labour was last in power. On every economic measure we’re worse off. If you compare Labour and Tory economic performance in terms of growth and inflation historically, they've been about the same. You’re just believing the tabloids that continually repeat this “The Tories are better at the economy” junk. If you still believe that after the last couple of years, there really is no hope for you.
I’m tired and didn’t spot the irony. Pathetic I know given the “eating babies” thing, although that’s what MAGAS believe of Democrats ! However I stand by my sentiments.

I have to agree with what a couple of others have already said
Would I vote for the torques NO
Do I trust Starmer and co NO
Do I believe anyone else can do the job NO
Sad state of British politics

Millions are feeling the same , there's no-one listening to them. We need a new party that acts on the issues most important.
Maybe Johnson and Farage will provide a new home for the disillusioned National Front, UKIP, Britain First and Thug Right Tories who expected 'Stop the Boats' to read 'Sink the Boats'.
Labour might respond with a Marxist breakaway party disillusioned with Starmer only having a current 15% lead over the Tories.

I have to agree with what a couple of others have already said
Would I vote for the torques NO
Do I trust Starmer and co NO
Do I believe anyone else can do the job NO
Sad state of British politics
Nail hit firmly on the head I’m afraid.

Maybe we need a “Blues Rock Cafe Party” Broad spectrum of policies but could most probably deliver far better than anyone currently sat in The House of Commons.

Thanks 58.

Sometimes worry about the contributors on this board as they often completely miss sarcasm and irony. For those who do not know, I'm a fully paid up (only partially active) member of the Labour party and ex member of RMT (now retired).

Reasons for voting Tory, none.
Sorry not a easy day for me for various reasons.Clearly didn't read your post carefully enough.Or indeed totally register who was posting.i can only apologise for not enjoying your wit for what it was.

Maybe Johnson and Farage will provide a new home for the disillusioned National Front, UKIP, Britain First and Thug Right Tories who expected 'Stop the Boats' to read 'Sink the Boats'.
Labour might respond with a Marxist breakaway party disillusioned with Starmer only having a current 15% lead over the Tories.
Labour are not trusted , same as Tories.
With so much (growing) mistrust of govts and media , it will not end well.
Maybe that's what people want ?

I did think that but I think they enjoy power too much to be satisfied with 10/20% of the vote each election.Farage seems to enjoy going it alone.Boris possibly still thinks he can take back control of the Tories after a election defeat.

Sorry to be simplistic but relatively small numbers change governments
A good number of voters know who they will vote for in advance. They don't expect to identify with every policy or to be believers.

I:d recast it as is there any reason for a floating or undecided voter to vote conservative. I'd answer no not really. The populist stuff is disruptive and doesn't need coherent policies, honesty, or competence but FPYP dooms it to irrelevance. It also has at least 3 buffoons with enough ego to destroy one another.

Reactions: PuB
Thanks 58.

Sometimes worry about the contributors on this board as they often completely miss sarcasm and irony. For those who do not know, I'm a fully paid up (only partially active) member of the Labour party and ex member of RMT (now retired).

Reasons for voting Tory, none.
Ditto 100%. Labour party member but only partially active. Ex NUT rep at my school. Now retired. Using my retirement to be a part time "do gooder", the sort the DM hate.😁

Ps. Not buying into the ridiculous "culture war" diversion. Not interested in whether trans people have willies or not. Far more important things going on such as my kids being shafted by increased mortgage rates.

I think the next election will be a lot closer than many people think, I’m genuinely fearing a John Major moment when people just vote for the Tories anyway.

It’s the Tories who always leave the country in a mess with crippled social services and people on strike, this time they’ve fucked the economy too (whilst many of their friends and MP’s have benefitted from an awful pandemic).

Their bullshitter in chief might be running off to hide under a stone on a Caribbean island for a few years until he starts a few more Trumpian impersonator courses, but don’t forget the mess he’s left behind.

They’re not all the same. And it’s lazy journalism which leads people to think that way.

It benefits the people in power for you to think that way too.

For the time being, I think issues of competence, hard work and honesty in the political class are more important than any ideological differences between the major parties.
That is definitely true. With Starmer being so centrist, there are not a lot of ideological differences between the "big two" anyway IMO, apart from Labour embracing the minority, LBGT+ and woke agendas more.

Actually accepting that they are public servants and behaving like it would be a good start.

That is definitely true. With Starmer being so centrist, there are not a lot of ideological differences between the "big two" anyway IMO, apart from Labour embracing the minority, LBGT+ and woke agendas more.

Actually accepting that they are public servants and behaving like it would be a good start.