Is playing for Villa a curse? | Vital Football

Is playing for Villa a curse?

Some interesting names on that list though... could 37 year old Patrice Evra solve our left back crisis? Or if he's too old how about Benoit Assou-Ekotto, a comparible spring chicken at 34?

Diego Reyes is an interesting one.

Only 25, and would have been in the Mexico squad for the World Cup had it not been for injury. Has 53 caps for Mexico, and would be a marked improvement on Tommy Elphick!

Not really cursed, most of those are older and at the end of their careers really.

Would be an interesting experiment if a League 2 side signed all 10 of those players up. Wonder how they'd get on.

Tonev has been playing in Serie A for a few seasons as a squad player for 2 of the worst teams, Frosinone and Crotone. I am surprised he has even been that successful because he barely looked like a footballer at all

Tonev was far and away the worst player I have ever seen at Villa.
I, thank McGrath, never had the pleasure of watching him play, but Lescott must be right up there - and people moan about Elphick who is a Titan among defenders by comparison. We sometimes forget where we were just over two years ago. That Luton game will haunt me for years.

Certainly never at the same level SJH. I mean Eck is the Scotland manager now, how the mighty have fallen :eek!:

Shows how much of a mess we have been in. We have ruined many careers.