International matches | Page 5 | Vital Football

International matches

I thought about going but I don't want to give those scrubbers a penny of my hard-earned. Do we know if they get any ticket revenue, or was it a case of the FA paying them a flat fee to host?

No idea tbh. I would assume the FA pay them a fee to hire the stadium but as to who keeps ticket sale and confectionery revenue i honestly don’t know.

Did you get them at Bowton ticket office?
i ordered on line via England which takes you through to the BWFC ticket office. Sadly the only option seems to be to have to collect the tickets on the day. Wish you could just get an e-ticket. Seems an unnecessary step for a 7pm KO and a big crowd

Saw The Thompson Twins when they were more of a collective than a trio in Lancaster. EDIT in an old railway warehouse that was a sort of arts space
They were semi famous at the time, before their hits
Eleventeen members of the band, constant change of people on the stage, incense cones on car hub caps used by band members for 'atmosphere'

Last edited:
Saw The Thompson Twins when they were more of a collective than a trio in Lancaster.
They were semi famous at the time, before their hits
Eleventeen members of the band, constant change of people on the stage, incense cones on car hub caps used by band members for 'atmosphere'
Saw the brilliant Thin Lizzie at Lancaster uni. Great gigs there and at Preston Guild Hall in the day.

Barclay James Harvest at Southport New Floral Hall, just after I had passed my driving test.
Went to see them in Malta last summer (their final big tour) magical evening in the old Valletta Opera House (that nice Mr Hilter [sic] removed the roof in WW II)

Last edited:
I saw Darts and Dr Hook at Preston Guild Hall late 70’s….not necessarily by choice ….although ‘Woody Woodmansey’s U Boat’ opened for one of em …forget which one now

Be Bop Deluxe, Hawkwind, Steve Hillage, Sad Cafe and the brilliant Rory Gallagher at Preston Guild Hall.
Anyone ever go to The New Bingley Hall in Stafford. Middle of nowhere.

Be Bop Deluxe, Hawkwind, Steve Hillage, Sad Cafe and the brilliant Rory Gallagher at Preston Guild Hall.
Saw The Eagles at Bingley Hall, in 1977 when they were a proper band, and Queen in 1978.

The good Mrs Dalek saw The Who there

She also saw Hawkwind at one of the Stonehenge free festivals

Last edited:
Preston Guildhall to see Supertramp, after I saw them on Whistle Test. Most were there for the support, which was a film of Tubular Bells, filmed in a studio. Chris de Burgh was also a support on the bill when he was a singer songwriter type act.
Lancaster Uni, The Beat, Stiff Little Fingers, The Undertones, Orange Juice