International matches | Page 3 | Vital Football

International matches

The St George Cross is red on a white background, that is how it has always been and should always be.
The FA should be ashamed of themselves letting it be changed, and should direct Nike to get it changed back straightaway.
Hopefully fans will boycott buying the shirt until it is changed back.
Peter Shilton said 'the old boys would refuse to wear it' putting pressure on the squad v Brazil tomorrow.

It's a shirt ... and a badge ... and we're supposed to be the woke snowflakes who get upset about any old shite! 👀

:shrug:

Last edited:
I couldn’t really give a stuff to be honest, and the outcry is way over the top.
Today I’ve seen pictures of a 2011 ? England shirt that had loads of tiny St George crosses on the shoulders, all in different colours, and that was years before any ‘rainbow initiative’ ….but without the image, I’d never have remembered it and I certainly don’t recall anyone raising the roof over it
Two things that are worth considering are the £120 price tag …that IS outrageous……..the other thing is Nike’s arrogance …imagine a UK firm,Umbro or Castore winning a contract to supply USA International sportswear and them changing the stripes on the US flag to pink and grey or yellow and purple or whatever (‘playfully’ obvs) …they’d have been kicked out the door ‘tout de suite’

All that said someone (or several) at the FA must have ok’d it ,,,I expect they’ve got a sweat on at present

Two things that are worth considering are the £120 price tag …that IS outrageous…….
Nothing else needs considering at all.
I said earlier that a boycott of the shirt is required as the cross in my opinion should not have been tampered with, but sod the colour of the cross, it pales into insignificance when the robbing bastards put a price tag like that on the shirt.

£120 for a football shirt is criminal, how can that cost ever be justified, it is scandalous and the FA need talking to about that.

You’ve gotta hand it to the FA, whenever a major tournament comes around there is always some controversy they create.

Four years ago it was the knee taking, two years ago it was rainbow armbands and now a desecrated national flag. The key as to what they are is in their name - Football. They should just stick to that and drop the virtue signaling.

You’ve gotta hand it to the FA, whenever a major tournament comes around there is always some controversy they create.

Four years ago it was the knee taking, two years ago it was rainbow armbands and now a desecrated national flag. The key as to what they are is in their name - Football. They should just stick to that and drop the virtue signaling.
I think it’s an ill considered move (primarily by Nike) …but not sure about the latest thing as virtue signalling.
If the cross were in rainbow colours I’d see a bit of what you see, but it’s various shades of red and blue/purple.
I’ll readily admit I’m not always up to date with the latest ‘thing’….are those colour combinations supposed to signify something ?

Don't think so Zeb. It's an emblem ... or a logo ... or even a flag ... but whatever it is, it isn't the St George's cross, so what does it matter what colour(s) it is?

Why would anyone get upset about a red blue and purple cross?

Last edited:
I think it’s an ill considered move (primarily by Nike) …but not sure about the latest thing as virtue signalling.
If the cross were in rainbow colours I’d see a bit of what you see, but it’s various shades of red and blue/purple.
I’ll readily admit I’m not always up to date with the latest ‘thing’….are those colour combinations supposed to signify something ?

Apparently on the home kit the colours are representative of the bi-sexual flag and on the away one the colours a mixture of the trans and lesbian flag.

Must say all new to me as didn’t know these groups ‘had flags’ as such.

When Southgate is moaning about it then you know a bollock has been dropped. Given the controversy and extortionate retail prices I can’t see many being shifted. Retro all the way.

Apparently on the home kit the colours are representative of the bi-sexual flag and on the away one the colours a mixture of the trans and lesbian flag.

Must say all new to me as didn’t know these groups ‘had flags’ as such.

When Southgate is moaning about it then you know a bollock has been dropped. Given the controversy and extortionate retail prices I can’t see many being shifted. Retro all the way.

I think that the 'playful rebranding' of the flag is just a transparent attempt to give them an excuse for putting Trans colours on the flag and pretend it wasn't a deliberate political point.

I don't care about international football so it means nothing to me. But all these woke companies want to force political messages into their products knowing full well the audience don't want it.

It's just taking the piss out of your customers who watch your product to get away from the politics in the rest of their lives.

:rofl:

Just before kick off saw our fucking Judas players wearing the insult on their collars, switched over to them two dickheads Ant and Dec.

Fuck em!
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Got to give that a like Frankie.

Of all the lame excuses not to watch a match, that is by far and away the best. :clap:

I guarantee someone from the FA will have been sacked over that shirt. Clearly no one bothered checking the collar and just waved it through without thinking. They can't do anything about now though as production has gone through and it would cost them an absolute fortune to remake, hence the public statement acknowledging it but at the same time not promising to fix it.