Injury List | Vital Football

Injury List

Bit harsh Runcorn. Before his long term injury, I don't recall him being injury prone previously.

As for his setback, it's described as "freak" for a reason ... I believe it's a metatarsal job, so it may be as daft as someone dropped summat on his toe.

I seem to remember a freak accident happening to a snooker player years ago were he broke his toe stepping out of the shower days before or during a big competition but I can't for the life of me remember who it was.

I do however remember Beckham suffering an injury to his metatarsal prior to the World Cup in 2002, we were due to play Argentina in the early rounds and it was an Argentinian player who caused the injury in a European game, lots of conspiracy theories around that one.

I also remember Rooney hiding the fact that he had suffered a similar fate before the 2006 finals so that he could be selected.

There seems to be more players suffering this type of injury in recent years and many people are blaming the boots worn by modern players which give little protection.

Godo out until the end of the year, possibly longer.
Pearce out for months.

Paul Kendrick just confirmed on twitter.