Incoming... | Page 6 | Vital Football

Incoming...

I have a mate who is a Rotherham supporter and asked him what he thought. Their supporters had mixed views and said he likes to shoot but not always with accuracy. But my mate liked him and thought he was just unlucky with injury soon after arriving & not really getting a proper chance under Paul Warne. Reckons he is a great signing for this league, big and strong and will cause L1 defences problems. Also, apparently the Millers have done very little business yet - they sold MattCrooks to Middlesbrough but have only signed two as yet.

Definitely shows that MA prefers wingers that can move inside rather than just get to the byline. Hence the replacement of Anderson and Elbo.

Expect a front three of Hakeeb, Hopper and N'lundulu - with Maguire and Scully subbing in.

Probably one more top signing needed now - competition for Poole at right back.
Hakeeb is a winger/wide midfielder rather than a striker.

I've been waiting for another RB to be announced but I wonder if Sorensen will cover that? I think I read he played RWB mostly when he played for MK and his strength is passing the ball and always looking to get forward. Appelton likes to control games and pass out of the back which is one reason Edun did so well at LB even though he is primarily a CM. Maybe he has the same in mind for Sorensen and there won't be the new RB we are all waiting for?

I've been waiting for another RB to be announced but I wonder if Sorensen will cover that? I think I read he played RWB mostly when he played for MK and his strength is passing the ball and always looking to get forward. Appelton likes to control games and pass out of the back which is one reason Edun did so well at LB even though he is primarily a CM. Maybe he has the same in mind for Sorensen and there won't be the new RB we are all waiting for?
Don't mention a new right back, you will be castigated.

Interesting point, you might be onto something there. It'd be good to have that flexibility in the squad.

Thinking about the RB thing, I think it's possible he's cover there but I would be surrpised if we didn't make one signing. I think that in some ways, our style is very much like the way Liverpool have played the last few years under Klopp: the full backs provide a lot of the width and are very important attacking players, we have a 6 (Bridcutt) in front of the back four, two 8s, a striker who has lots of qualities but not neccessarily scoring a complete hatful and a fair few of the goals come from the two wide players either side, who attack the box rather than just feeding the number 9.

I think it's important therefore that the full backs have a bit of pace, cover a lot of ground, and get up and down (ideally right to the byline, passing the winger who has come inside). Bramall's pace and ability to stretch the play/recovery speed is probably a key reason we signed him? Sorensen might be tidy on the ball but I'm not sure he's that type of player (might be wrong)!