Incoming Transfer speculation | Page 34 | Vital Football

Incoming Transfer speculation

Underwhelmed i think.

Players are released for a reason.

How about “players can be released for a variety of reasons...”

Bloody hell, WX. If youre waiting for NH to sign a complete squad of players that have all the attributes we need, with no risks (previous form, attitude, injuries,etc), I suspect every announcement will underwhelm you.

Welcome SK and good luck.

We released Ben Thompson.

You're right that players are always released for a reason. But that reason is not always that they're not very good.
Wasn't Ben Thompson only on a contract to the end of the season.
I don't think that counts as being released.

Wasn't Ben Thompson only on a contract to the end of the season.
I don't think that counts as being released.
Length of contract is irrelevant. Harris confirmed he was on the released list, we wanted to keep him but Thompson will have made it clear that he wasn't going to stay. Therefore he is considered released at the end of his contract.

I may be getting mixed up but during the one season Wycombe were in the championship I remember watching the Quest highlights programme when, from looking like being relegated on a very low points title, they suddenly went on a promising run and nearly saved themselves. I am pretty sure I remember Kashket scoring at least once against an established championship team.

That was only a couple of seasons back, wasn't it?

As for being released, so was Mandron after he turned down a deal. Do we know whether Kashket was offered one, or whether Crewe could not afford to do so?

Underwhelmed i think.

Players are released for a reason.
With thinking like that it's no wonder you have to ask for help on every decision you make. Apart from the what everyone else has said NH is an ex-striker who wasn't too shabby in his time so knows what he's looking for in that area.

I may be getting mixed up but during the one season Wycombe were in the championship I remember watching the Quest highlights programme when, from looking like being relegated on a very low points title, they suddenly went on a promising run and nearly saved themselves. I am pretty sure I remember Kashket scoring at least once against an established championship team.

Yes. Checking soccer base, in 20/21 in the Championship, Scott had 31 appearances and scored 4 goals.

Think a fair number of those apps were from the subs bench, not sure if he was used up front or out wide tho.

19/20 in their L1 promo season think he was injured in Jan. Didn’t appear again until as sub in the play off final. 25 apps 4 goals.

18/19 League 1 30 apps 6 goals.

17/18 League 2 (injured?) 10 apps (only 3 starts) 1 goal

16/17 League 2 29 apps 16 goals .

That 16/17 season is the one to hang our hopes on. And for whatever reason, most Wycombe fans on social media seem to love him as some sort of WWFC legend and good guy.

Overall for Wycombe -
70 starts
59 subs
31 goals.

If Scott is one of 3 (or maybe 4) strikers brought in I’ll be very happy.

As for being released, so was Mandron after he turned down a deal. Do we know whether Kashket was offered one, or whether Crewe could not afford to do so?

Yep, I was lucky enough to be watching behind closed doors that season and remember him playing for Wycome at Ewood Park.

Just 18 months ago he was starting in the Championship - if you're going to gamble on a guy in L2, this seems worth taking.

Judging on Gareth Ainsworth comments on Scott Kashket.

He is happy to except a very reasonable wages.

He is a funny guy .Most funny guys go quiet and don't produce their best when things are going badly. So we need to be up there to get the best out of him.Not really any different to most strikers.

Gareth Ainsworth ,Andy Hessenthaler and Neil Harris believe in the lad .The Crewe boss clearly doesn't. I know which side I would punt for.

He is likely to bring a bit of humour to the Gillingham dressing room much needed following Steve Evans I would think. Especially among those who played during that era.But definitely by members of the crowd. I will never forget Johnny Hodge for his humour as well as his football abilities. If he puts players and fans in a good mood then that has to be good.

And are you happy?
What I am most infusiastic about is the lads he had signed all appear to have ability and something to prove.Williams apart .Carry on with the same basic formula with the vast majority looking to improve themselves and a few trusted senior pros and I think we can do well.
Footballers should enjoy playing and be looking forward to games.Not sure players or fans have than much in the last few years.

Another one coming
I wonder for the Shorey reason I had a feeling that one of out goalkeepers would come from there on loan .Reading have just signed a senior Australian keeper. They appear now to be fully covered and have a few good young keepers.