Incoming Transfer speculation | Page 2 | Vital Football

Incoming Transfer speculation

Not sure if the tribunal rule applies outside of the PL & EFL? Happy to be proven wrong though.

It was set up to protect smaller clubs having their biggest assets poached by the big (or bigger) clubs.

Also some of the semi pro players also now earn silly money.

I do think there is a real possibility of a older central defender. A leader not necessary a skipper. Max Ehmer is OK but isn't vocal enough and doesn't control the defence anywhere near as well as some players can.Not sure about names far too early to fix down likely moves.At this stage Harris has got a wish list.But of teams especially in league one and a few in league two will blow us out of the water with some of them.That fact is why Shorey is so important. He might want Beavers or Alex Pearce(for example) but if another team offers a vastly higher salary he will almost certainly have to look elsewhere.

Remember Danny Cullip, of course Adam Barrett and also Adam El Abd?

They were organisers, you could hear them directing their colleagues eg where to stand, who to mark, "head it", "kick it" etc.

Very useful.

Not actually sure, but would make a mockery of it if it didn't IMO.

Edit: Looks as though it only applies in the EFL/ EPL.

Thanks, I didn’t know myself. I think it should definitely still apply but if it doesn’t it doesn’t.

That "rumour" was circulated by a guy called Gabriel Sutton who seems to see himself as some sort of You Tube sensation and guru about all things lower league. GITB likes to hang out with him and they exchange compliments about how good each other's content is

All he's done here is look at the Posh retained list and given homes to players who have been released

Not a fan then NG?

I reckon there are some cracking vloggers around. And that guy Gab seems very knowledgeable. As is Matt.

Agree he’s just a fan putting 2+2 together, so it’s just dead set speculation. But he knows a lot more than the average fan about players all around the leagues.

Always like a bit of speculation me. Especially as I don’t get slapped by Wayne about it any more 😁

One player that might be offered to Harris from Millwall is Mahlon Romeo he was on loan at Portsmouth last season. It is thought he might be going out on loan again as he still has two years left on his contract.

One player that might be offered to Harris from Millwall is Mahlon Romeo he was on loan at Portsmouth last season. It is thought he might be going out on loan again as he still has two years left on his contract.
Top work Chris you have linked us to a player that is ex Gills and has played for Millwall if only you could link him to Cardiff.

Just Googled Mahlon Romeo looking to see if there was any link to Cardiff, couldn't find any, but did learn that he's the son of Jazzie B of Soul II Soul. I never knew that!
I saw him at the ground quite a few times as well as Oz Clarke, the wine guy.
We’re massive you know 😉

Top work Chris you have linked us to a player that is ex Gills and has played for Millwall if only you could link him to Cardiff.
Given he played the majority of games and mainly for 90 minutes I can't see Romeo being likely. He did move to the bench for the last few games though.

Feature of every close season. Speculation about players we know with either connections to Gills or the management team. Signings end up being players we’ve never or hardly ever heard of. Don’t expect it’ll be any different this season.
I would expect Shorey to already have a list of targets. Fans often talk of contacts. Shorey has been recruiting a few years now for clubs above our level .A few of his previous recommendations will be available that's why the net is fairly wide .Players he has watched while at Reading nor necessary Reading Players. Maybe some were not quite championship level.So I expect a mix from a lot of different sides .Definitely nothing like Stimson.Harris will no doubt have a few in mind himself but he is able to get Shorey to check things like fitness etc .Making his own enquiries and full investigation about a dozen or more players simply is impossible for one man to do while running the side too.
It could be why Orient have played safe .They should basically be able to maintain their form at least but are unlikely to make a genuine challenge for promotion.The manager might feel he hasn't seen anything himself that would work better for him.