Imps vs 💤💤💤 | Page 4 | Vital Football

Imps vs 💤💤💤

Very well played today, Maloney and the lads managed the game perfectly, Adeeko played further forward today and showed what he is capable of, still some work to do with these kids but by heck they have done us proud this season and grown up no end, we sometimes , myself especially, don't realise just how young and inexperienced they are.

First visit to Lincoln. A lovely place. LA much better performance today, much much better. Helped playing a back four and whilst we looked a little vulnerable on the transition the extra attacking opportunities more than compensated. Ball still getting played across the back but seemed to be done with more conviction. Goal kicks much better too as tickle knocked it long more meaning the team was pushed up the field rather over half it on our 18 yard line or less.

Not seen the goals back yet but the Hughes volley was worth the entrance fee and a reminder why I go and watch the bloody game.

Another five substitutions today. I’m not normally near the dug outs but was relatively close today where I was. Several players not happy coming off with Kerr in particular openly questioning Maloney why he was being substituted. Godo seemed to do similar and mate said Kelman did the same. Seems the players aren’t happy with this constant changing.

First visit to Lincoln. A lovely place. LA much better performance today, much much better. Helped playing a back four and whilst we looked a little vulnerable on the transition the extra attacking opportunities more than compensated. Ball still getting played across the back but seemed to be done with more conviction. Goal kicks much better too as tickle knocked it long more meaning the team was pushed up the field rather over half it on our 18 yard line or less.

Not seen the goals back yet but the Hughes volley was worth the entrance fee and a reminder why I go and watch the bloody game.

Another five substitutions today. I’m not normally near the dug outs but was relatively close today where I was. Several players not happy coming off with Kerr in particular openly questioning Maloney why he was being substituted. Godo seemed to do similar and mate said Kelman did the same. Seems the players aren’t happy with this constant changing.

I wondered if Maloney thought Kerr might have been struggling, he'd gone down twice in first half. As for the game, just showed what we're capable of we move the ball with pace, accompanied by good movement off it. First 30 in particular, was as good as we've played all season and while it took a slight deflection, our 1st goal was a superb footballing move.

We battled well to hold on under intense Lincoln pressure at times, probably rode our luck at times, but felt when we settled down, we were the better side and if anyone deserved to win what was a decent game, felt it was us. A good day out and very positive performance

Godo should have been off earlier, I may be wrong but he won't be getting in Fulham's first team next season, he has an odd decent spell during odd games but overall I think he flatters to deceive.

Godo should have been off earlier, I may be wrong but he won't be getting in Fulham's first team next season, he has an odd decent spell during odd games but overall I think he flatters to deceive.
I’d take him again next season and get McManaman to teach him a few tricks. Godo has shown a bit more aggression recently but needs to put crosses in earlier rather than trying to beat his defender 2 or 3 times. He also needs to drive towards goal more and use his pace, he’s got loads of potential but needs more experience. I’ve enjoyed watching him play for us and he has an exciting career ahead.

Think he'll improve as he gets older but of late he's been guilty of losing the ball cheaply & in some areas causing us big problems...I'm sure today he had the ball near our 18 yard box out wide, instead of getting rid as he was under pressure he tried to beat his man, lost the ball, the Lincoln player got a cross in a luckily the resulting goal was chalked off for offside...tbf tho it shouldn't deflect from a good away win

Do people on this board not get tired of being relentlessly negative for no reason? On points gained we're 11th with a young team, 13th with a points deduction and no board. Judging by the titles to each Match Thread now straight up slagging the team off you'd think we were in a relegation battle...
It spreads, you see. After a season of the most negative dross on the field in our history it spreads to fans and supporters.

I’d take him again next season and get McManaman to teach him a few tricks. Godo has shown a bit more aggression recently but needs to put crosses in earlier rather than trying to beat his defender 2 or 3 times. He also needs to drive towards goal more and use his pace, he’s got loads of potential but needs more experience. I’ve enjoyed watching him play for us and he has an exciting career ahead.
His passing is atrocious he gave the ball away countless times yesterday on two occasions it led to their disallowed goals, he runs down blind alleys and does not know when to release the ball to others, very frustrating to watch.

His passing is atrocious he gave the ball away countless times yesterday on two occasions it led to their disallowed goals, he runs down blind alleys and does not know when to release the ball to others, very frustrating to watch.
I get what you're saying SCM, but he is still a kid.

That was one of the best performances this year. The ball was played with purpose, space was utilised and there was a lot of movement off the ball. Far too often we've been caught with players holding the ball and only being able to pass to someone static and with their back to goal. Not saying it will all click and be smooth from here on in, but I think that is a sign of what we've been aiming for all year

At this point, Greg Rioch made reference to the fitness stats from Charlton. Distance run etc., to justify the change.
Sort of saying, the bench know who's performance levels are dropping off

I can understand that with more dynamic players, but not necessarily centre halves. Kerr was fuming and openly said to Maloney why are you taking me off?

Personally I’d rather the league reverts back to the three substitute rule as making five changes a game causes too much disruption to teams and the rhythm of the game.