Imps retained list announced | Page 4 | Vital Football

Imps retained list announced

The thing is that EVERY club is in the same position so if we had wanted to keep the likes of Bostwick, Eardley and Vickers we could have offered them reduced terms because they aren't going to get any better offers from any other club.
Clearly they were not part of the Managers plans for next season anyway.
All good professionals and wish them all the best in finding a new club.
I think if we had wanted to keep Vickers then, with him living in Lincoln, it would have been made to work.

Eardley will probably end up at Salford. Not sure on Bozzy, though. He likes to stay local, so Cambridge? Maybe Mansfield?

The thing is that EVERY club is in the same position so if we had wanted to keep the likes of Bostwick, Eardley and Vickers we could have offered them reduced terms because they aren't going to get any better offers from any other club.
Clearly they were not part of the Managers plans for next season anyway.
All good professionals and wish them all the best in finding a new club.

Why on earth would we offer anybody terms when we have no idea of when we may play again? We could offer them £50 a week and still struggle to pay it if we have play next season behind closed doors.

You’d imagine Ellis has only been offered terms to ensure if he leaves we get some compo.

Absolutely gutted about Bostwick. Can’t help but think we’d keep him in other circumstances. Do think most the others would have gone anyway.

Such a crap way to say goodbye to some great servants for the club. Boz, Vickers, Eards, Freck, Shacks, Petty, all done well for this club and played their parts in our recent success.

However, on the flip side little worried about some we’ve been left with!

I think I was more surprised Coker had a two year deal than Bozzie leaving tbh.
Oh and Alan Sheehan I’d forgotten he was even our player

Absolutely gutted about Bostwick. Can’t help but think we’d keep him in other circumstances. Do think most the others would have gone anyway.

Such a crap way to say goodbye to some great servants for the club. Boz, Vickers, Eards, Freck, Shacks, Petty, all done well for this club and played their parts in our recent success.

However, on the flip side little worried about some we’ve been left with!

Agreed. Shocked we've left Bostwick go, but can understand it in the current climate. Not that bothered about Eardley as I think Lewis is a more than capable replacement and will be on a lot less money. Looking at the players left, Appleton will need to wheel and deal very well next season... whenever that is.

Devastated about Bossie, one of my favourite players I've ever seen play for us. Obviously the current situation has left us in a difficult position. What matters is that we still have a football club when the dust settles and anything else has to take a back seat unfortunately.

Why on earth would we offer anybody terms when we have no idea of when we may play again? We could offer them £50 a week and still struggle to pay it if we have play next season behind closed doors.

You’d imagine Ellis has only been offered terms to ensure if he leaves we get some compo.

My point was more that Vickers Eardley and Bostwick weren't going to be part of the managers plans anyway.
Any offers being made to out of contract players will more than likely be subject to what circumstances and when next season will actually start.

The world of EFL football is in complete disarray and with the uncertainty of the economic future then the status quo has been thrown into the dust bin and we must start again and this time on economic foundations that will sustain a viable future.
The days of average footballers driving lambos and Bentleys down the high street are gone and those agents who have leeched off football for years will now hand the keys of their Merc. soft tops back into the leasing company and their hot tubs are in the line of sight of the local bailiffs........................good riddance to the lot of them.,,,,,,shysters

Last edited:
My point was more that Vickers Eardley and Bostwick weren't going to be part of the managers plans anyway.
Any offers being made to out of contract players will more than likely be subject to what circumstances and when next season will actually start.

Not so sure about that. I’d have been surprised if he didn’t want to retain Bossie & Eards.

If true, how can Michael Bostwick not be the plans of any manager in the lower two leagues let alone Michael Appleton? The man is a warrior and, when fit, would always be the first name on my teamsheet.

I'm not terribly bothered to see Vickers leave. I think we need - and can do - better in L1.

We might keep the odd free kick or two out next season.

Nothing we can do about any of this unfortunately, and it’s sad that some great servants can’t be given a proper send off. My only surprise is that some fans seem to think we had any other option.