Imps retained list announced | Page 3 | Vital Football

Imps retained list announced

I suppose if we finally get a new start date for next season and crowds allowed back possibly one or two of the out of contract players will be offered a deal. No point paying out money now.

It's possible if they can't get fixed up. I'd imagine there will be a lot of players joining clubs once it gets going again and as free agents they won't be hampered by the transfer window. Players though will have to cut their demands a heck of a lot

The other thing with Chapman is that if we offer him a deal but he elects to go elsewhere so long as the offered deal we make is at least the same as his current one we would be entitled to compensation. That has to be part of the considerations

Clive did say that on that interview with Hortin that some hard decisions were looming. Think we've now seen one

Those with a year or more to run on contracts are very lucky boys. For those released its going to be tough. A lot may end up in part time football or even amateur level to begin with.

Only bothered about Eardley and Boz on that list.

Eardley was always going to be a difficult one to keep because I think more and more players will stay local to reduce travelling costs.

Boz you'd keep, but he would presumably have been a higher earner.

MA might have kept Vickers as a number two but I think the rest were as expected. Two or three still under contract MA might look to move on but that's incredibly difficult now.

Not a way you want to say goodbye to Bozzie, Josh and Neal.

Coker still retained? Jeez he did well to get that from DC, such a risk to offer a lengthy deal to someone after so long out injured.

I can't believe that some people think players should have been offered contracts. How exactly are the club actually going to pay these contracts. At this point in time the club is in no position to offer contracts because they have no idea when we will be playing football again.

It's a real shame to see some of those go but a sign of the times I am afraid.

Is the season over then, have L1 already voted but the EFL haven’t said anything.

Why send out this statement if we still potentially have games to play? Who’s going to want to play!

The thing is that EVERY club is in the same position so if we had wanted to keep the likes of Bostwick, Eardley and Vickers we could have offered them reduced terms because they aren't going to get any better offers from any other club.
Clearly they were not part of the Managers plans for next season anyway.
All good professionals and wish them all the best in finding a new club.

Disappointing to see Bozzie and Eardley let go, 2 all-time Imps legends.

Vickers, Pett, Freck, Shackell have all done their bit too.

But cutting cloth to our means, we have good leadership and a good manager and we are in a stronger position than many clubs.

But oh for some leadership from the clowns at the EFL to confirm how the season is concluded as soon as possible and not bow to the atrocious self-serving nonsense from too many clubs.

The thing is that EVERY club is in the same position so if we had wanted to keep the likes of Bostwick, Eardley and Vickers we could have offered them reduced terms because they aren't going to get any better offers from any other club.
Clearly they were not part of the Managers plans for next season anyway.
All good professionals and wish them all the best in finding a new club.
We don't know if they were offered those reduced terms but chose to chance their luck elsewhere.