Improving The Atmosphere | Vital Football

Improving The Atmosphere

To me the only way to bring the atmosphere back is to bring back the hope and belief in the club . I keep saying it and saying it .... those essential qualities of hunger , determination, passion and a burning desire to succeed by a dynamic Owner , Board, Coaches and Management will soon have the fans on board and the atmosphere will return . Unfortunately our Board and Owners have none of those vital attributes and while they remain , fans know that hope and belief that our club will be driven upwards and forwards will be non existent .All a drum will do is to try and cover up the REAL reason why the ground is so silent . Oh.....and I don’t want away fans pointing in my direction and shouting ‘Who’s the wan*** with the drum?’ !!

The atmosphere in the ground is generated on the pitch IMO if the players perform it then creates the atmosphere in the stands and not the other way round.
Further should anyone start beating on a drum near me they will need to be prepared to have the sticks rammed up their arse!

? That’s pretty clear then, FFL ? Of course I agree about what we see on the pitch and their performance brings the fans to life. We do have an ageing fan base though. Not enough youngsters coming. It used to be they couldn’t buy a ticket but that’s not a problem anymore. More like they don’t want to watch sideways football...

Too busy playing 'Call to Arms' (other mindless computer games are available):grinning:

This is probably spot on Tuckster, whilst my son is now at university, I let my friend use his seat for his young son (Hes 9) as we all sit near to one another, however he has said he doesn`t want to go anymore as it`s now Rubbish to watch!! Not good to hear from our next generation of fans!

Terrible idea. These annoying bands including drums get right on your ertha's. The band at the walker crisp stadium ( when we lost 4 0 ) drove me mad. Like FFL there would be only one destination for the drum sticks if the drummer was near me.

Whenever I hear drums at games on the TV I always think it sounds great and definitely enhances the atmosphere that's otherwise quiet. However , I recall Swansea having a drum one year and it sounded awful and they had chants about the drum all game long. Must be a bad experience for anyone within a few hundred yards of it also. I'm not entirely against it however I do think we should be able to make it loud vocally without instruments as aids

Yeah that is terrible !! I do play drums actually so maybe I'll bring one of my toms with me to the next game :grinning::grinning:

After a very difficult past week following the sudden loss of my father in law, the humour on this thread has cheered me up and made me laugh so much. Thanks chaps ! If anybody came within a metre of me with a drum and stick, it would end up where the sun don’t shine! Love a bit of Phil Collins from time to time but even he needs to tread carefully.

Very sorry to hear about your father in law sminky.
Its always difficult to deal with a sudden loss ( my dad ) but a long drawn out hideous illness ( my mother ) is maybe even worse.
Either way its very hard to deal with as a couple having no parents at all between you.
I hope the next few weeks are not too bad.
Vital humour is always there to cheer me up when I am down which is
too frequent these days.