Improving The Atmosphere | Page 2 | Vital Football

Improving The Atmosphere

Dear Dear Sminks,

Mine and Mrs S's condolences to you and your family on your sad news. Our thoughts are with you. Big hugs.
:hug:

Perhaps the atmosphere could be improved by us all standing and shouting and chanting for 90 minutes and not sitting there in silence knitting !

After a very difficult past week following the sudden loss of my father in law, the humour on this thread has cheered me up and made me laugh so much. Thanks chaps ! If anybody came within a metre of me with a drum and stick, it would end up where the sun don’t shine! Love a bit of Phil Collins from time to time but even he needs to tread carefully.

Condolances to you Jo.

Very sorry to hear about your father in law sminky.
Its always difficult to deal with a sudden loss ( my dad ) but a long drawn out hideous illness ( my mother ) is maybe even worse.
Either way its very hard to deal with as a couple having no parents at all between you.
I hope the next few weeks are not too bad.
Vital humour is always there to cheer me up when I am down which is
too frequent these days.

Thanks for your thoughts DG. The loss is made all the more difficult when you are so many miles away. Strange to think too that my children, both now well into their 20s, have no grandparents. Long drawn out illnesses are incredibly difficult as was the case with my mother in law some 23 years ago, but nothing I have experienced can compare with the sudden death of a parent at a much younger age. I am now older than my Dad was when he died nearly 35 years and I struggled with that a few months ago.

What though the radiance which was once so bright
Be now for ever taken from my sight,
Though nothing can bring back the hour
Of splendour in the grass, of glory in the flower;
We will grieve not, rather find
Strength in what remains behind;
In the primal sympathy
Which having been must ever be;
In the soothing thoughts that spring
Out of human suffering;
In the faith that looks through death,
In years that bring the philosophic mind.

A new dynamic Board who want to take us on a journey , investment in the team and club , a manager with attacking ideals who will buy into the dream , and quality players with passion for the club .... now that may improve the atmosphere !

What though the radiance which was once so bright
Be now for ever taken from my sight,
Though nothing can bring back the hour
Of splendour in the grass, of glory in the flower;
We will grieve not, rather find
Strength in what remains behind;
In the primal sympathy
Which having been must ever be;
In the soothing thoughts that spring
Out of human suffering;
In the faith that looks through death,
In years that bring the philosophic mind.

Lovely words Rex. Hope you are on the mend.

Slowly but surely making progress. Those words gave me some comfort when my mother died.
I did find strength in what lays behind eventually. I hope that comes to you soon.

If I wanted to listen to drumming I would go to see a good band live.
I recall listening to Ian Paice 's drum solo when Deep Purple played The Mule at Norwich Theatre Royal in 74.
I also recall John Bonham ( RIP ) drumming on Rock n Roll with Led Zepellin at Knebworth in 79.
Add to them the brilliant Rod De'ath, Topper Headon, Tre Cool and many others I have seen live and I can definitely say that good music is to go and listen to live and football is a separate form of entertainment which should have no connection at all with morons playing the drums badly in an attempt to get supporters singing as the entertainment on the pitch is sadly lacking.

That’s the way to improve the atmosphere!

We played really well and had a deserved victory. As a consequence the ground was alive for pretty well the whole match.

Who needs a drum?