If the police can't tackle 'minor' crimes, how long before we take it upon ourselves? The Observer Nov 4, 2018 | Page 2 | Vital Football

If the police can't tackle 'minor' crimes, how long before we take it upon ourselves? The Observer Nov 4, 2018

In Bedfordshire , knife crime has increased 86% since 2014.

Over the same time period, recorded knife crime increased by more than 100% in Kent (652 v 1322). Actual number is higher as many incidents are not reported to police. London`s recorded figures (numbers) are around ten times higher but you can`t read too much into that as fewer and falling stop-checks mean fewer (detected) incidents of knife offences (possession, in particular) officially coming to light.

Last one to bed, please lock the front door.

ITs all a decrease in moral values. No doubt mostly brought on by a failing parental responsibility.
Some 90 odd year old bloke has had his house broken into and his 'cheap' tele stolen. Whilst doing it they beat shit out of him.
What arseholes would think about doing that let alone carry it out.
Another reported incident on this morning's BBC Breakfast program was the vandalism at a Newcastle school for disabled. The mini bus had its windscreen broken, the play area was damaged and vile graffiti, such that could not be shown on tele, was sprayed everywhere. All done in a hate of the disabled. My own thought was that whoever did that was more mentally disabled than those who were schooled there.

Oh dear, not the "falling morals" stuff again. Apparently graffiti found in Pompei complained about the same thing all that time ago.

It's way more complex than that. I admit I don't have any simplistic/glib answers. Can't be arsed to start a political discussion on it.

Rise of gangs and Kids being stabbed on our streets is an issue rhat has been happening for years withought anyone coplaining in parliament or the press. Mainly bacause most of it is black on black crime.
It has little to do with not saying anything because of social cohesion and more to do with cannot be arsed, its not my kid.

Surely kids being killed should be number one priority for media and politicians. It just takes political will and successive governments have ignored it. There is little political gain voteswise to be made by doing anything, afterall it takes funding plus effort, dedication and willpower to do something. Dont see any political party doing anything.
The media raise it on slow news days but also dont give a f otherwise it would be a daily crusade.

Its a national emegency and should be treated as such. Two pronged attack, firstly and immediately the state and communities need to come together to put a halt to current problem and if that means stop and search, anti gang strategies and metal detectors for a short period then it has to be done.
In the background funding needs to be returned to the community and school activities that can prevent these activities but the real solution needs to be implemented to stop young people joining gangs when they see no future or opportunities.
Over 34,000 uk knife crimes in 2017 but if you look at the previous years it has not been much better.

If this many of our citizens were being killed in terrorism acts or conflict then we would be on a war footing with funds being thrown at the problem.

Rise of gangs and Kids being stabbed on our streets is an issue rhat has been happening for years withought anyone coplaining in parliament or the press. Mainly bacause most of it is black on black crime.
It has little to do with not saying anything because of social cohesion and more to do with cannot be arsed, its not my kid.

I agree with most of your thread, they are definitely the wrong type of victims. I would confidently predict there have been more news items on the BBC site about London "me too" Instagrammers/ twitterers/influencers suffering from wolf whistles and touching then there have about the 119 dead victims of violent crime in the capital. They are also the wrong type of assailant though, can you imagine what would happen if 119 black people were killed in a year by whites?

There is little political gain voteswise to be made by doing anything, afterall it takes funding plus effort, dedication and willpower to do something. Dont see any political party doing anything.
The media raise it on slow news days but also dont give a f otherwise it would be a daily crusade.

And thereby lies the problem. Not seen as vote winning by politicians and a matter only fit to sensationalise for ratings by the (too powerful and influential) media.

But, it`s not just knife crime, Jerryattrick. All crime is on the rise, much of it not reported to police. Organised Crime is rife and rising but very few people see it in action because it`s not overt.

Can`t see a political party emerging on a law and order ticket. Don`t know how society is going to address this issue.

I agree with most of your thread, they are definitely the wrong type of victims. I would confidently predict there have been more news items on the BBC site about London "me too" Instagrammers/ twitterers/influencers suffering from wolf whistles and touching then there have about the 119 dead victims of violent crime in the capital. They are also the wrong type of assailant though, can you imagine what would happen if 119 black people were killed in a year by whites?
Racist: you just don't get it do you? Once again, you are selective in your choice of words/comparisons in order to justify your prejudicial point.

In London, black people represent 48% of murder suspects and white 24% - the rest are made up of mixed race and others. For the rest of the UK, 81% of suspects are white and 13% black. In London, there have been 128 victims and the rest of the country 235. Of course, London has no rural areas etc etc.

As the majority of the murders are drug related, most of the victims are at the bottom end of the pyramid but the gang leaders and drug barons are rarely black.

Last edited:
ThreeSixes, why oh why do you need to put your nasty racist slant on to what is a depressing situation for all? You really do seem to have a serous problem. I really think I should feel sorry for you as you obviously have a messed up head, but I can't.

ThreeSixes, why oh why do you need to put your nasty racist slant on to what is a depressing situation for all?

It's not racist, there are a number of predominantly black young men that are dead because people are too scared of accusations of racism to act. Everyone knows about Stephen Lawrence, are these young men any less important than him? Ignoring deaths because the murderers are the "wrong" colour is racist.

Bottom line is that knife crime doesn't affect my 3 teenagers. My friend at work that lives in Deptford has had 2 separate murders within a couple of roads from her flat this year. Knife crime affects her and other black families, the lack of action to fight this is in itself racist.

There was more noise from parliament and the media when one politician was murdered. Also any terrorism acts are major news and much browbeating by politicians.
All rightly so but dont these youngsters deserve the same angst or maybe they are worth less. More people are dying from murder in the uk than from terrorism or military action

We find money for sending our troops abroad, olympics, anti terrorism, epidemics and brexit campaigns but nothing to stop our children from living in fear and dying on the streets.

Omg he's at it again! ###### on a bike. I give up with him. Still, I suppose it makes a change from Muslims. Moron.