Idiotic things our club seems to do | Vital Football

Idiotic things our club seems to do

whittysteam

Vital Youth Team
I'll start us off,we extend Jamie Jones contract,based on his performances, after coming in the team to replace Walton, whose confidence appeared shot, after a number of poor performances, culminating in some mistakes which have cost us points. We then drop Jones, and put Walton back in, who has not improved since being dropped and costs us a valuable point or three against Hull last night. Please explain?

Because even backup keepers need contracts. If we stay in this League I expect us to bring in another keeper above Jones. If we drop then I think Jones will be first choice.

It's another problem with our club,we seem to have attracted a high percentage of happy clappers who are a frustrated lot, stemming from their childhood when they weren't good enough even to play for their school teams.

It's another problem with our club,we seem to have attracted a high percentage of happy clappers who are a frustrated lot, stemming from their childhood when they weren't good enough even to play for their school teams.

Oh dear. Struggling for what to say, so let's resort to chucking out a few irrelevant insults.

Unfortunately Whitty, I think your comment says way more about you and your "frustrations" than it does about any "happy clappers"......... regardless of their ability at a school age ........... an age which it seems, you've stayed at.

:rolleyes:

And there is the type of post that shows us your real character! Spitting the dummy out if you haven't got a legitimate response in a sensible debate! May I suggest you keep quiet until you can be acting a bit more courteous!!

Going back to the debate it was actually a strange decision. Jones was dropped following a calamitous defence display at Blackburn for which he wasn't responsible. Seems odd therefore he was dropped, but most likely it's due to one of these loan clauses. Either way let's be honest the pair of them are in a long list of shit keepers we've had in the last decade. Off the top of my head - Kingston; Stokovic; O'Donnell; Bogdan; Haugaard...

Oh dear. Struggling for what to say, so let's resort to chucking out a few irrelevant insults.

Unfortunately Whitty, I think your comment says way more about you and your "frustrations" than it does about any "happy clappers"......... regardless of their ability at a school age ........... an age which it seems, you've stayed at.

:rolleyes:
And asking how many goalkeepers a squad should have is not insulting?

Going back to the debate it was actually a strange decision. Jones was dropped following a calamitous defence display at Blackburn for which he wasn't responsible. Seems odd therefore he was dropped, but most likely it's due to one of these loan clauses. Either way let's be honest the pair of them are in a long list of shit keepers we've had in the last decade. Off the top of my head - Kingston; Stokovic; O'Donnell; Bogdan; Haugaard...
Agree ...... with the first part. I don't think he's shit though ........just susceptible to long range shots .......and the defence/midfield weren't exactly helping him with that.

I would say neither are shit. They just both have weak areas but are pretty strong in others. Walton in particular has enough time ahead of him to learn to correct his weaknesses.

The most idiotic thing in recent memory was to offer Cook a contract extension before being tested at this level(4 years, we wont be paying compensation for that). We we're expected to be promoted last season, he did that. But that wasn't worthy of a new deal, if he had done well this season it should of been done then.

Some of the thought process from those behind the scenes is a great mystery sometimes. We've not struggled at league 1 level, considering our budget is much bigger then the other clubs in the league. Surely we're aiming to be competitive at this level, contracts ect should be given after proving they're worthy of them at the level required.

And asking how many goalkeepers a squad should have is not insulting?

How on earth is that insulting?

It's not clear from your posts if by Walton's recall, you're talking about him coming back at the start of the season, or coming back after Jones conceded 4 at Rovers, where this forum net into meltdown, wanting to replace half the team !

Regardless, your original post was a paddy .......... as was your follow up re happy clappers.

The most idiotic thing in recent memory was to offer Cook a contract extension before being tested at this level(4 years, we wont be paying compensation for that). We we're expected to be promoted last season, he did that. But that wasn't worthy of a new deal, if he had done well this season it should of been done then.

Some of the thought process from those behind the scenes is a great mystery sometimes. We've not struggled at league 1 level, considering our budget is much bigger then the other clubs in the league. Surely we're aiming to be competitive at this level, contracts ect should be given after proving they're worthy of them at the level required.

Did you think it was mad at the time? I don't recall you posting to say so.