Idiotic things our club seems to do | Page 2 | Vital Football

Idiotic things our club seems to do

Harold, explain this to me, why give a manager who has two years remaining, another two years on top of that before being a success at the level required?

I'm not the type to shit on someones day when something good happens for them, even if i don't agree with it in the slightest.

Going back to the debate it was actually a strange decision. Jones was dropped following a calamitous defence display at Blackburn for which he wasn't responsible. Seems odd therefore he was dropped, but most likely it's due to one of these loan clauses. Either way let's be honest the pair of them are in a long list of shit keepers we've had in the last decade. Off the top of my head - Kingston; Stokovic; O'Donnell; Bogdan; Haugaard...

Matt Gilks as well. Also, do you remember Lee Nicholls' display against Barnsley at the DW in the last game of the season 2015-16? I think that was the worst performance I've ever seen from a goalkeeper at professional level. Absolute nightmare for him in a 4-1 loss. We'd already won the league though obvs.

Harold, explain this to me, why give a manager who has two years remaining, another two years on top of that before being a success at the level required?

I'm not the type to shit on someones day when something good happens for them, even if i don't agree with it in the slightest.

So you kept quiet so as not to upset Cook on his reward? How magnanimous of you.. When Cook was offered the extension his stock was high and he was being linked with other jobs. People were saying then that we should prevent him leaving. So they did.

It's another problem with our club,we seem to have attracted a high percentage of happy clappers who are a frustrated lot, stemming from their childhood when they weren't good enough even to play for their school teams.

Not sure I understand this post tbh. Surely if certain users were frustrated about not being any good when they were younger, they'd want to denigrate the players due to bitterness, rather than being so-called 'happy clappers' and praising them more than most? Not sure if I'm considered a 'clapper' but I do currently play for my school team so I guess I can't be... ;).

So you kept quiet so as not to upset Cook on his reward? How magnanimous of you.. When Cook was offered the extension his stock was high and he was being linked with other jobs. People were saying then that we should prevent him leaving. So they did.

No, Cook simply doesn't give a shit what i think. Or any fan for that matter, but whats the point mentioning something when the news is supposed to be positive(Before the season starts). I like Cook as a man, just not as a manager. Great for him that he's going to profit massively by the incompetence above him. Poor decision from the club though.

By the way his stock has never been high, we signed him from a league two club. His stats compared to other managers at the lower levels is not impressive.

Being a good dribbler doesn't necessarily make you a good winger but is part of the equation, being a good header of the ball is important to be a good centre half but it isn't the only attribute you need, etc.

Walton is a good shot stopper but that isnt all there is to being a keeper and he's pretty bad at everything else - overall he is not a good keeper. He shouldn't play again this season Jones is far from perfect but he's better than Walton.

It's another problem with our club,we seem to have attracted a high percentage of happy clappers who are a frustrated lot, stemming from their childhood when they weren't good enough even to play for their school teams.

Well I captained Wigan schools under 15s and actually played against Joe Royal who played for Liverpool so put that on your pipe Whitty

If Waltons in net prevent as many crosses from open play and set pieces as possible to mitigate his weakness
If Jones's in net make sure you close down long range shooting opportunities to mitigate his weakness.
To do that you need tactical nous and an appropriate game plan / selection.
Our manager has neither and the players seem unable to grasp these simple tactics "in game" as well - shambolic all round

Maybe it's a training issue both our keepers are poor on the long shot.....
Nah...... for all the rest of his faults, Walton's been fine against shots from outside the box.

The cock up for Hull's first goal was a blip. Unfortunately, we can't say the same for the second.

Well I captained Wigan schools under 15s and actually played against Joe Royal who played for Liverpool so put that on your pipe Whitty
Well sir you may be an exception,but some on here are clueless,never really kicked a ball but portray to be experts.