Idea If Games Are Behind Closed Doors - Thoughts? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Idea If Games Are Behind Closed Doors - Thoughts?

Me neither. Seriously what’s the point? Get in the car to watch a match in a car isolated from everyone else or stay at home and watch the match isolated from everyone else? I know which I prefer. I can have a beer at home too.

Well no use at all to us exiles, but for anyone in Lincoln vicinity I guess it's a plausible idea.
With windows wound down, there could be least be communal "terrace singing".
Perhaps that in turn could be piped back to Sincil Bank and played out on the tannoys for the players to hear?

Another possibility is a spaced out crowd (physically rather than substance-enhanced)...people sat say four seats apart and diagonally apart on rows.
(Or if from same household, then can still sit together).
Potential to get around 2000 to 2500 in that way. Entry and exit, toilets etc all done with appropriate gaps.
Season ticket holders to go to one in four games....

Not for me either, I can’t see it financially working either.

I would prefer to watch it on I follow, if possible with Thomo etc. commentating. Good to see the club thinking of different ideas though.

Lincolnshire Showground? Could I perhaps catch the 2 hourly 103 bus service, stand in a field with probably no cover and be arrested for refusing to return to my 'vehicle' and encouraging others to join me nearer the screen? Whilst waiting I could partake of a dodgy FansZone burger and self distance in the search for a toilet. It's a no-brainer. NO!

The club are obviously desperately looking at ways to generate income.
However , with the cost of a big screen etc plus the hire of the showground and staff i cannot see how it can be financially viable. Unless the tickets are a ridiculous price.
But at least the club are looking into ideas and not sitting around twiddling their thumbs.

Difficult one this to my mind a game without fans is almost like a training match as an exile I would watch on I follow but with a vaccine unlikely this side of Xmas cannot see how fans can be allowed in grounds.

I don't think the season is going to start much before the end of the year , when the chances of catching is at a very low ebb . everything has to be in place to ensure safety of all . Ok you can play behind closed doors . but what about the players and other staff who need to be a the games . you cant ask players with young families to play unless everything is made 100pc safe . To much at stake for them .