Idea If Games Are Behind Closed Doors - Thoughts? | Vital Football

Idea If Games Are Behind Closed Doors - Thoughts?

Can we have a B-movie up before the footy? Something like "Contagion" would seem appropriate at this point.

Do we have a pitch yet which would be handy !? How do we pay the Clubs staff without gate money / season tickets, can see little point playing without bums on seats, its meant to be an entertainment industry after all. Alternatively join the fire service and stand on their tower, good view from there or top of the Common. Long time to the autumn, decisions, circumstances, may change. Non starter behind closed doors for me.

I actually quite like that idea. I wouldn't struggle for leg or elbow room and can eat all the sweets and crisps I want without p*ssing anyone off!

I'm an exile now, so wouldn't be any use to me, tbh. Although I guess they might simultaneously iFollow it as well.

Just show one of the games from 2010/11.
I think they should show one of them as the Saturday YouTube game. Just to remind any wavering supporters exactly how bad we have been in recent times, and acquaint the more recent supporter with our less illustrious years.

Indeed. A sort-of football vaccine.

I presume they mean drive in? I'm not really sure i'd fancy that.

Me neither. Seriously what’s the point? Get in the car to watch a match in a car isolated from everyone else or stay at home and watch the match isolated from everyone else? I know which I prefer. I can have a beer at home too.

Me neither. Seriously what’s the point? Get in the car to watch a match in a car isolated from everyone else or stay at home and watch the match isolated from everyone else? I know which I prefer. I can have a beer at home too.

Sounds like the very definition of a needless journey, doesn't it? You'd need a big screen, a big field and staff. That all costs money as well. iFollow is currently set up to do it for no extra cost, pretty much.

It's an interesting idea, but not for me.

Sounds like the very definition of a needless journey, doesn't it? You'd need a big screen, a big field and staff. That all costs money as well. iFollow is currently set up to do it for no extra cost, pretty much.

It's an interesting idea, but not for me.

I feel the same. I guess the club are trying to find a way and they have to be applauded for that. It’s just not for me.

I’m sure the space at the showground affords social distancing without being trapped in a car if some sort of grid system were set out so there might be some sort of atmosphere possible but it’s still not for me.

To be fair I don’t actually know the detail behind the idea.

If, behind closed doors perhaps IFollow would not be available to the UK viewer if screening on the Showground. Season ticket holders show their ticket to get in, POTD so much £ per car for example.

The 3pm non-transmission rules on a Saturday have been removed to deal with the possibility of behind closed doors matches to allow for live streaming at home. That will bring some income into the club, though at a reduced rate. The idea of a big screen on the Showground sounds nonsensical to me. Will be like the Country and Western gig of years past and end up costing more money than it brings in

What will be needed is that if games are streamed via IFollow is that we as fans support the club by ensuring we stream it at the correct price not by finding a back door foreign VPN or similar to do so. The club will need every little bit of help they can get for the next 12 months

Not for me. Why cause emissions to watch it on a screen stuck in a car with no atmosphere which also means you cannot have a beer because you then have to cause more emissions to drive it home when you can sit in your lounge with no atmosphere watching on a screen drinking a beer.