Ian Lenagan you're havin a laff | Page 2 | Vital Football

Ian Lenagan you're havin a laff

how many rugby fans will buy a ticket for the latics Not many at all lots of fans of the rugby come fom outside of the area like horwich or preston way

The only reason Lenagan wants to cosy up with our new owners is because he thinks they might have money and there might be something in it for the worriers.
Isn't it funny in the 80s early 90s when we were struggling they didn't want to know us and were a party in trying to ruin us.
But as soon as Uncle Dave shows up with money they want to be our friends. The same with our new owners.
They probably pay below market value to use Latics stadium. Load of Leeches tell them to do one.

Or to put it in another context
As the young uns dont remember labour in the 70s or Michael Foot let's encourage them to give Corbyn and his crew a go at running the country.
Never, ever,....! forget

When was Michael Foot the Prime Minister?

There you go with your Daily Heil misinformation

Yet we both agree about this season ticket issue

Bollox to that, it's bad enough having red seats in the stands, and WIGAN instead of WAFC, or LATICS written in the East stand seats.

Just get shut of the parasitic cuckoo bastards altogether.

Bollox to that, it's bad enough having red seats in the stands, and WIGAN instead of WAFC, or LATICS written in the East stand seats.

Just get shut of the parasitic cuckoo bastards altogether.

They have a lease and are an active income stream.

It would be illegal to turf them out, cost us a fortune to buy them out of the lease and reduce the clubs already tiny incoming revenue every year.

When was Michael Foot the Prime Minister?

There you go with your Daily Heil misinformation

Yet we both agree about this season ticket issue
Great we agree on the ST?
I don't think I said Foot was PM and thank god he never was. Just flagging that he and Jezza are of the same ilk.
Also by no means a DM reader ....!

Without going down the political too far the analogy doesnt work as Lennigan and Warriors aren't trying to bring back anything Lindsey did. So there isn't any lessons to be learned from history in this instance that the young folk may or may not be aware of.
My analogy was more about never forgetting the past King not literally suggesting a return to Lindseytime

Well we could increzse that income stream by at least doubling the rent. There are ways around anything.
Parasites.

I have no idea how much they pay and if it's fair or if they are getting a bargain - but regardless of anything you can't legally change the terms of a set lease like that. I think the lease is something like 70 years so they wont be going anywhere - now hopefully the pitch wont be a big issue anymore there shouldn't be any advantage to turf them out and give up any money.

If the Stadium was a seperate company and went bust; the lease would be voided. However, if you check the 'takeover' doc, you'll see our new owners considerd our tenants as an asett in regard to income and not a disturbance or liability in any way.

My mum took me to latics and Ive been going ever since as well as her who is still a season ticket holder. Shes also a Warriors fan so Im guessing, according to some of the replies on this board, she should be banned or publicly humiliated.

I was too young to see what hapoened back then but get most of the hatred back then, but that was over 20 years ago. How many years until its water under the bridge? 40? 60? 100? Never? We have a town with 2 good teams in 2 popular sports but unwilling to take advantage of it because of what happened over a generation ago.

Overall Im not fussed about this, I like rugby but dont really support a team, if I get more time off I may get both and I imagine Im not alone in both the warriors and latics camp. It can be good value as half the year we would get to watch live sport every week and could be something people like my mum would like. My only issue is how seats will be allocated, will latics/warriors fans get to chose their seat first for their team and then chose a seat after the reserve deadline for the other, or would my seat be taken by a warriors fan?

My mum took me to latics and Ive been going ever since as well as her who is still a season ticket holder. Shes also a Warriors fan so Im guessing, according to some of the replies on this board, she should be banned or publicly humiliated.

I was too young to see what hapoened back then but get most of the hatred back then, but that was over 20 years ago. How many years until its water under the bridge? 40? 60? 100? Never? We have a town with 2 good teams in 2 popular sports but unwilling to take advantage of it because of what happened over a generation ago.

Overall Im not fussed about this, I like rugby but dont really support a team, if I get more time off I may get both and I imagine Im not alone in both the warriors and latics camp. It can be good value as half the year we would get to watch live sport every week and could be something people like my mum would like. My only issue is how seats will be allocated, will latics/warriors fans get to chose their seat first for their team and then chose a seat after the reserve deadline for the other, or would my seat be taken by a warriors fan?
My vote is for "never"
Most rugby fans I know do like football, don't like Latics and support Man U or Liverpool.
In prem days the irony of lads from Wigan watching Latics play Man U in a pub in Wigan cheering for Utd and slagging their home town team was not lost on me.
Anyway up the tics and St Helens

Or to put it in another context
As the young uns dont remember labour in the 70s or Michael Foot let's encourage them to give Corbyn and his crew a go at running the country.
Never, ever,....! forget

Shall we remind them about Ted Heath in the 70's while we're at it.......never mind Thatcher, Thatcher, milk snatcher?..makes May look quite good.

My vote is for "never"
Most rugby fans I know do like football, don't like Latics and support Man U or Liverpool.
In prem days the irony of lads from Wigan watching Latics play Man U in a pub in Wigan cheering for Utd and slagging their home town team was not lost on me.
Anyway up the tics and St Helens

Do you think that the reason they don't like Latics but like football is maybe because of the rivallry, bitterness and hatred or the silly outdated grudge?

Do you think if everyone just moved on and welcomed the opposite side to their home games (in either sport) they would be more likely to support both local teams or less?

I don't King as at the time of Lindsaygate it was one way traffic against the tics.
The reason most of those of the egg chasing fraternity support Man U or Liverpool is because they are glory hunters.
Same as the out of towners who support Wigan rugby

Shall we remind them about Ted Heath in the 70's while we're at it.......never mind Thatcher, Thatcher, milk snatcher?..makes May look quite good.
Ted Heath I will agree with you on and whilst no great fan of Thatcher if she hadn't brought down the left wing union radicals and their "militant" foot soldiers this country would be a far worse place than it is today

Ted Heath I will agree with you on and whilst no great fan of Thatcher if she hadn't brought down the left wing union radicals and their "militant" foot soldiers this country would be a far worse place than it is today
We had many years of a Labour government after Thatcher. How much of her privatisation program did they reverse. Did they stop importing foreign coal and energy and re-open the mines?

Do you think that the reason they don't like Latics but like football is maybe because of the rivallry, bitterness and hatred or the silly outdated grudge?

Do you think if everyone just moved on and welcomed the opposite side to their home games (in either sport) they would be more likely to support both local teams or less?
what you forget if they had there way there would be no latics