Ian Lenagan you're havin a laff | Vital Football

Ian Lenagan you're havin a laff

Hampton

Vital Football Hero
You would think that for someone who has been involved in Wigan sport for years would fully understand that his "idea" to sell joint tics / worriers season tickets is doomed to failure -best laugh for ages :rofl:

He also claims to have met invisible Daz - as no one else seems to have managed this -again hilarious.

Even though I personally don't watch the rugby or would be interested but I know some that watch both and for them the chance of a joint season ticket strikes me as an excellent idea!

Having got over the initial ROFL have now read the whole article.
He reckons only about 2% of tics supporters have a dislike for the clumps.
Based on a generous 10k fans that means only 200 tics fans dont like em.
Yr off with the fairies Ian :rofl:

Not a bad idea if joint season ticket holders get some kind of loyalty discount (I have never watched more than 10 minutes of rugby league myself).

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/ru...r-wigan-warriors-and-wigan-athletic-1-9552933

For those that went, Mr Lenegan had some chants in his honour at Doncaster away.
Actually, didn't the Warriors already try this when they sent out season ticket reminders to Wigan Athletic supporters ...using the Wigan Athletic season ticket holder database ?

I do wonder if there would be a proposal to reduce headcounts to reduce back office / staffing costs.

The report of the earlier meeting buried in the article.
https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/ru...-saluted-in-council-civic-reception-1-9526619

Not a bad idea if joint season ticket holders get some kind of loyalty discount (I have never watched more than 10 minutes of rugby league myself).

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/ru...r-wigan-warriors-and-wigan-athletic-1-9552933

For those that went, Mr Lenegan had some chants in his honour at Doncaster away.
Actually, didn't the Warriors already try this when they sent out season ticket reminders to Wigan Athletic supporters ...using the Wigan Athletic season ticket holder database ?

I do wonder if there would be a proposal to reduce headcounts to reduce back office / staffing costs.

The report of the earlier meeting buried in the article.
https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/ru...-saluted-in-council-civic-reception-1-9526619
They did try this, at best dubious, marketing to the tics database then dressed it up as an "clerical error" when challenged under data protection.
Shameless, desperate & smelly:nerner:

Keep this up and we could advise Kendrick that we've found all of them on this board
Who'd have thought it ?
Although as Craig lives in Oz so must like rugby league apparently ?

Long over due that we move on past the grudge started 30 or 40 years ago by someone who's not been involved in Warriors for decades. I bet not 1 person involved in any past clashes of the clubs is still involved with either clubs hierarchy. So sins of the father and all that. I'm not expecting people to forgive Lindsey but i don't think the club should be forever iredeemable for him being a ----.

We share a stadium, town and most importantly catchment area. With so much competition for football fans in the North West and our crap attendances all the bitterness and rivalry can do at this point is hurt us by potentially pushing away rugby fans who also like a bit of football

Some people may not want to watch both sports which is fine (I'm not a Warriors fan), and there will inevitably be a handful on obnoxious fans of either side being vile to each other mostly on Twitter (I've seen them personally) but we cant let the minority poison us against everyone. The club and us as fans should welcome anyone who wants to come and join the Latics fan base and if they happen to be Warriors fans brought in by some type of inter club cross marketing scheme - brilliant - delighted to have them on board. The last thing we need is any Warriors fans turning up (maybe even innocently in their colours) or looking into it on line and seeing nothing but negativity from Latics fan and them never wanting to come back or go in the first place.

I welcome any attempt for Warriors and Latics to try and give existing fans of both clubs a deal for going both or potential new fans to join both sides rather than just be on one or the other.

Yeah it was bad in the past but a lot of time has passed, changes happened and water has gone under the bridge - there's a new generation (or two) of young fans who weren't even alive when all the issues happened. There is no point cutting off our nose to spite our face by refusing to collaborate with Warriors if there is an opportunity to increase our fan base by any amount. Maybe it wont work but I'd be pleased to see us try as there's nothing lost.

Last edited:
Don't want a season tickets but would go to about 6 or 7 warriors games if a deal could be sorted...there's a party of about 8 of us ( including 4 Latics) going to the world club game in February...piss up on cards.

Edit...obviously don't know how many teams are in league..so make that 5 ( Leeds, Warrington, Saints, Cas and Hull ).

Last edited:
Bah

Is this the truth behind the takeover?

A bit like those deals we did with Scottish clubs e.g. We buy from rangers and sell onto hearts (or something like that) cause neither club nor its fans could countenance a direct sale.

So our current owners get a few air miles, do some Christmas shopping, sell club onto mysterious new owner xx

Via an advantageous tax area.

Allegedly

Long over due that we move on past the grudge started 30 or 40 years ago by someone who's not been involved in Warriors for decades. I bet not 1 person involved in any past clashes of the clubs is still involved with either clubs hierarchy. So sins of the father and all that. I'm not expecting people to forgive Lindsey but i don't think the club should be forever iredeemable for him being a ----.

We share a stadium, town and most importantly catchment area. With so much competition for football fans in the North West and our crap attendances all the bitterness and rivalry can do at this point is hurt us by potentially pushing away rugby fans who also like a bit of football

Some people may not want to watch both sports which is fine (I'm not a Warriors fan), and there will inevitably be a handful on obnoxious fans of either side being vile to each other mostly on Twitter (I've seen them personally) but we cant let the minority poison us against everyone. The club and us as fans should welcome anyone who wants to come and join the Latics fan base and if they happen to be Warriors fans brought in by some type of inter club cross marketing scheme - brilliant - delighted to have them on board. The last thing we need is any Warriors fans turning up (maybe even innocently in their colours) or looking into it on line and seeing nothing but negativity from Latics fan and them never wanting to come back or go in the first place.

I welcome any attempt for Warriors and Latics to try and give existing fans of both clubs a deal for going both or potential new fans to join both sides rather than just be on one or the other.

Yeah it was bad in the past but a lot of time has passed, changes happened and water has gone under the bridge - there's a new generation (or two) of young fans who weren't even alive when all the issues happened. There is no point cutting off our nose to spite our face by refusing to collaborate with Warriors if there is an opportunity to increase our fan base by any amount. Maybe it wont work but I'd be pleased to see us try as there's nothing lost.

Or to put it in another context
As the young uns dont remember labour in the 70s or Michael Foot let's encourage them to give Corbyn and his crew a go at running the country.
Never, ever,....! forget

Or to put it in another context
As the young uns dont remember labour in the 70s or Michael Foot let's encourage them to give Corbyn and his crew a go at running the country.
Never, ever,....! forget

Without going down the political too far the analogy doesnt work as Lennigan and Warriors aren't trying to bring back anything Lindsey did. So there isn't any lessons to be learned from history in this instance that the young folk may or may not be aware of.