i follow | Vital Football

i follow

it worked on the app - I only ever use the app and it has been reliable since the teething issues when it was first available

Yes.. but for many that only allows you to watch it on your phone (which i did.. but not ideal). The website allows me to watch on a TV sized monitor.. so if the issue was with ifollow they ought to give a groveling apology and some refund. If it's the clubs fault then nevermind, these things happen and I forgive them.

I booked it for 11 euros whilst on holiday in Portugal as I have for several years with no issues but didn’t receive live coverage or even audio on my iPad. Tried to complain through their chat help but 675 th in the queue so couldn’t be asked to wait that long. Have asked for a refund but only reply has been generic one which says bugger all in terms of use.

There was a comment on the match thread from someone who contacted the EFL & was told it was ”an issue on the web“ which was being worked on, and telling people to use the phone app.
I notice the club’s website has the icon for the full game on its I-Follow videos, but when you click on it nothing happens, yet they have the highlights and extended highlights.
I hope the EFL i-Follow people will provide a refund for subscribers - IIRC the service is supposed to be for providing “live coverage of every league game”. OK, it was on the phone app, but nowhere else and by the time I got the phone app it was half-time, so I had missed the whole of the first half, including the goal and what was supposed to be a great first half performance.

The club have stepped in before when there have been IFollow issues so I expect them to do so again. It’s not acceptable given money was paid for a service. Like others I could only watch on my phone yesterday. The website allows me to watch on TV. I hope there is a quick resolution to this.

There was a comment on the match thread from someone who contacted the EFL & was told it was ”an issue on the web“ which was being worked on, and telling people to use the phone app.
I notice the club’s website has the icon for the full game on its I-Follow videos, but when you click on it nothing happens, yet they have the highlights and extended highlights.
I hope the EFL i-Follow people will provide a refund for subscribers - IIRC the service is supposed to be for providing “live coverage of every league game”. OK, it was on the phone app, but nowhere else and by the time I got the phone app it was half-time, so I had missed the whole of the first half, including the goal and what was supposed to be a great first half performance.
Not everyone bothers with a phone

Let's hope they get the web iFollow sorted by Tuesday night.

At the very least iFollow should have the honesty to let us know before the game if it can't be viewed on the web!

Let's hope they get the web iFollow sorted by Tuesday night.

At the very least iFollow should have the honesty to let us know before the game if it can't be viewed on the web!

It's being advertised as available on the clubs twitter account so be very embarrassing for all if it's not sorted

I live in Malaysia - here is the answer I got from the club today:

Good morning
Thank you so much for your email and I hope this finds you well.
So sorry about your IFollow link on Saturday for our match against Bristol Rovers. We were aware of issues with the video link and the sound for all fans attempting to stream the game from abroad. Hopefully this will not happen again but for any further questions or doubts you are more than welcome to email ifollow@efl.com as they manage and own the IFollow.
Apologies again
Kind regards
Thea
AdminT: 01522 880011
E: admin@theredimps.com
www.weareimps.com

I did contact efl.com - but nothing back from them yet as expected.

I always used to e-mail the EFL and copy to the club - that way the EFL knew the club also knew there was a problem. Worked most of the time. Having said that I wasn’t always convinced by the replies I got. Got the impression it was a business thing rather than a football thing & run by people in the Middle East who knew very little about football, but I may be doing them an injustice and that may have changed 🤔

I live in Malaysia - here is the answer I got from the club today:

Good morning
Thank you so much for your email and I hope this finds you well.
So sorry about your IFollow link on Saturday for our match against Bristol Rovers. We were aware of issues with the video link and the sound for all fans attempting to stream the game from abroad. Hopefully this will not happen again but for any further questions or doubts you are more than welcome to email ifollow@efl.com as they manage and own the IFollow.
Apologies again
Kind regards
Thea
AdminT: 01522 880011
E: admin@theredimps.com
www.weareimps.com

I did contact efl.com - but nothing back from them yet as expected.

Even that reply from the Club is not entirely correct and shows a worrying lack of understanding of the issue.

There was no problem with the streaming abroad if you watched via the iFollow app on an ipad or phone.

The problem was watching on a PC or laptop via a web browser, and that applied to UK subscribers for the audio feed and for overseas subscribers for both video and audio.

Not exactly right Mike…..I tried watching through the App on both my IPad and IPhone whilst in Portugal and no success with that or even trying Google, Firefox, Safari etc etc. It simply didn’t work and I’ve been watching IFollow for several years during my Portuguese and other overseas holidays. I have nt changed anything my end so the issue clearly has to be from the providers end. 48 hours later I still haven’t had a response to me requesting either an 11 Euro refund or a credit I can use on another match.

I always used to e-mail the EFL and copy to the club - that way the EFL knew the club also knew there was a problem. Worked most of the time. Having said that I wasn’t always convinced by the replies I got. Got the impression it was a business thing rather than a football thing & run by people in the Middle East who knew very little about football, but I may be doing them an injustice and that may have changed 🤔
That has been my experience as well. I got the sense simply emailing the EFL/iFollow resulted in a corporate shrug of the shoulders. But when the club were copied on the email then the response was much more respectful with legitimate attempts to resolve the issue. Let’s hope this gets sorted out quickly if it hasn’t been resolved yet.

Even that reply from the Club is not entirely correct and shows a worrying lack of understanding of the issue.

There was no problem with the streaming abroad if you watched via the iFollow app on an ipad or phone.

The problem was watching on a PC or laptop via a web browser, and that applied to UK subscribers for the audio feed and for overseas subscribers for both video and audio.

I think the response from the club is adequate and reasonable tbf bearing in mind they are not the service provider.

As I recall when issues arose with replays interrupting live viewing the view then was to email IFollow. In addition, on one further occasion I received a refund from IFollow due to the lack of pictures.

Hello all,

The issues affecting iFollow Imps via browsers were first brought to our attention by the EFL at 2.20pm, along with an assurance the app was working as usual.

This directly affected the communications team as we have access to a feed for monitoring quality and to assist with operations, so we experienced exactly what those who had paid were going through. We downloaded the app to a MacBook and found it worked fine, though I understand from some correspondence and through reading this thread that not everyone was able to access the feed this way.

We have had assurances from the EFL Digital team that the technical issue has been rectified ahead of Tuesday’s game - which is important for us as we know there are a lot of UK-based fans who will want to watch the match.

We completely understand the frustration of those who missed some or all of the game, and will process a full refund for anyone who purchased a match pass and was unable to watch or a pro-rata refund for anyone who has a season/monthly pass and was unable to access the service.

This refund will be processed for anyone who lodges a complaint and who missed some or all of the match. You can initiate this process via email to ifollow@efl.com.

The live match coverage through iFollow Imps is provided by IMG who are a leading company in this field, we do feedback directly and through the EFL when we feel it is needed and monitor on matchdays to ensure the feed is working correctly and available for the period we want.

While ifollow@efl.com is the best direct email for refunds or iFollow specific requests, always feel free to copy feedback@theredimps.com in so we’re aware. You can also contact the communications team directly via media@theredimps.com - though we will read this and take action if we can, please be aware we are unlikely to be able to respond via email when a match is on - while issues like this are really frustrating as they’re outside our control, we’ll do our best to work with IMG/EFL to provide the best service.

- Luke Thornhill (communications manager)