i follow | Page 2 | Vital Football

i follow

As frustrating as it was to miss the last game via iFollow hopefully the assurances that the issue has been fixed before our next game will prove to be true.
I have sent an email to iFollow to notify them of the issues.

Last edited:
Is there any news as to why the full match replay is not available? And/or will it be available in the future?

Hello all,

The issues affecting iFollow Imps via browsers were first brought to our attention by the EFL at 2.20pm, along with an assurance the app was working as usual.

This directly affected the communications team as we have access to a feed for monitoring quality and to assist with operations, so we experienced exactly what those who had paid were going through. We downloaded the app to a MacBook and found it worked fine, though I understand from some correspondence and through reading this thread that not everyone was able to access the feed this way.

We have had assurances from the EFL Digital team that the technical issue has been rectified ahead of Tuesday’s game - which is important for us as we know there are a lot of UK-based fans who will want to watch the match.

We completely understand the frustration of those who missed some or all of the game, and will process a full refund for anyone who purchased a match pass and was unable to watch or a pro-rata refund for anyone who has a season/monthly pass and was unable to access the service.

This refund will be processed for anyone who lodges a complaint and who missed some or all of the match. You can initiate this process via email to ifollow@efl.com.

The live match coverage through iFollow Imps is provided by IMG who are a leading company in this field, we do feedback directly and through the EFL when we feel it is needed and monitor on matchdays to ensure the feed is working correctly and available for the period we want.

While ifollow@efl.com is the best direct email for refunds or iFollow specific requests, always feel free to copy feedback@theredimps.com in so we’re aware. You can also contact the communications team directly via media@theredimps.com - though we will read this and take action if we can, please be aware we are unlikely to be able to respond via email when a match is on - while issues like this are really frustrating as they’re outside our control, we’ll do our best to work with IMG/EFL to provide the best service.

- Luke Thornhill (communications manager)
Despite being annoyed with the service on Saturday, I don’t intend to lodge a complaint or request any partial refund but am interested to know, will any refunds come at a cost to the club or will iFollow be picking up the tab?

Hello all,

The issues affecting iFollow Imps via browsers were first brought to our attention by the EFL at 2.20pm, along with an assurance the app was working as usual.

This directly affected the communications team as we have access to a feed for monitoring quality and to assist with operations, so we experienced exactly what those who had paid were going through. We downloaded the app to a MacBook and found it worked fine, though I understand from some correspondence and through reading this thread that not everyone was able to access the feed this way.

We have had assurances from the EFL Digital team that the technical issue has been rectified ahead of Tuesday’s game - which is important for us as we know there are a lot of UK-based fans who will want to watch the match.

We completely understand the frustration of those who missed some or all of the game, and will process a full refund for anyone who purchased a match pass and was unable to watch or a pro-rata refund for anyone who has a season/monthly pass and was unable to access the service.

This refund will be processed for anyone who lodges a complaint and who missed some or all of the match. You can initiate this process via email to ifollow@efl.com.

The live match coverage through iFollow Imps is provided by IMG who are a leading company in this field, we do feedback directly and through the EFL when we feel it is needed and monitor on matchdays to ensure the feed is working correctly and available for the period we want.

While ifollow@efl.com is the best direct email for refunds or iFollow specific requests, always feel free to copy feedback@theredimps.com in so we’re aware. You can also contact the communications team directly via media@theredimps.com - though we will read this and take action if we can, please be aware we are unlikely to be able to respond via email when a match is on - while issues like this are really frustrating as they’re outside our control, we’ll do our best to work with IMG/EFL to provide the best service.

- Luke Thornhill (communications manager)

Thank you Luke. That clear and respectful response is one of the reasons why I have full faith in the direction our club is going. Much appreciated.

Glad to say the full match replay is now available to watch. Now just got to try and fit it in before tonight's match!

There was a comment on the match thread from someone who contacted the EFL & was told it was ”an issue on the web“ which was being worked on, and telling people to use the phone app.

That was me and I did receive a second email:
"Hi,
Thank you for contacting iFollow Support.
We have received your email and a member of our support team will get back to you shortly with an update.
We strongly advise that if your question or query is relating to a live match video or audio - you use the live chat option available via the chat bubble in the bottom right of the website.
If you haven't already, please refer to the iFollow help desk: https://ifollow.zendesk.com/hc/en-us which may be able to answer your query.
Season ticket troubleshooting information can be located here: https://ifollow.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/360002427938-Season-Ticket-Holder-Troubleshooting.
Please note, that iFollow support is unable to issue the home match promo codes to season ticket holders and so if your query relates to this, you will need to contact your club direct.
Regards,
iFollow Support"

...followed by a third email:

"Hi Eric
Thank you for contacting iFollow Support
Please accept our sincerest apologies for the problems you had accessing the live stream.
We are now aware of the cause of the issue and preventative measures and fixes have been implemented to stop this from happening again.
If you have any issues like this during the next live game please contact us via the live chat option on the club's website and we will endeavour to resolve this as soon as possible.
Should you have any further queries regarding this matter, please do let us know and we'll assist accordingly.
Regards,
Alan"

So,tonight's game should be ok.

One thing I did notice about the 'Live Match Centre' link was that it actually took you to the report of the Accrington game of the previous Saturday and in there, neither the secondary links to audio or video worked.