Humphrys | Vital Football

Humphrys

I've only seen Humphrys to Barnsley mentioned in a Yorkshire Post article that just seemed to be speculation.

I imagine everyone at the top of L1, a number of Championship and SPL club are all interested so I imagine he'll probably have a better option than Barnsley if he leaves. As they probably will only be offering same type of wages we will. I think he'll probably get better money and a higher level than L1.

I think any manager who can get a full season out of Humphrys will do well. He may prove me wrong, but I suspect he’ll always blow hot and cold with long spells out of the team. I get the impression he thinks he should be at a bigger club. Has Maloney pissed him off? Probably, but I don’t think that’s the full story.

Lets be honest with ourselves, why would any footballer worth his salt and with ambition want to be at WAFC?

The club is a total cock up at present and won't get any better anytime soon, I'm just a fan and every game recently feels like a chore I only attend these days out of loyalty and even the loyalty is waning.

Lets be honest with ourselves, why would any footballer worth his salt and with ambition want to be at WAFC?

The club is a total cock up at present and won't get any better anytime soon, I'm just a fan and every game recently feels like a chore I only attend these days out of loyalty and even the loyalty is waning.
Frankie ... sorry .... and I mean this from the heart, and with the greatest respect ... burt FECK OFF !

Is he out of contract in June? I saw on another thread a comment that "hope we can get a fee for him"

Even though he does my head in I can sympathise with the lad he's been treated like shit this season.

Good luck to him, could be playing in the championship next season.
He's been treated the right way,if he puts the effort in he gets picked if he sulks he doesn't!Simple

He's been treated the right way,if he puts the effort in he gets picked if he sulks he doesn't!Simple
Do actually know what you're talking about?

Filling in, in different positions as a one off for injuries etc is fair enough but every week Humphrys is played out of position when he starts a game and when he comes off the bench, last week against Cambridge (I posted on here at the time) Humphrys was in the right back position for a while in the second half.

Other players are also selected to play out of position, whether Magennis starts or comes on as sub you don't see him played out of position, is it any wonder players are not playing to potential and/or sulking?

And you think players should be treated that way?

Filling in, in different positions as a one off for injuries etc is fair enough but every week Humphrys is played out of position when he starts a game and when he comes off the bench, last week against Cambridge (I posted on here at the time) Humphrys was in the right back position for a while in the second half.

Other players are also selected to play out of position, whether Magennis starts or comes on as sub you don't see him played out of position, is it any wonder players are not playing to potential and/or sulking?

I watched the game last week from Cambridge tv. Even there match commentary said they couldn’t understand. The line up and Humphrey playing were he was. A good quote was they can have the ball as much as they like they are not hurting us.

I heard Pulis and Warnock talk about Richardo Fuller at Stoke and Tarabaat at QPR. Both were stereotypical flair players, super talented but many questioned their work rate and attitude as they only came alive when they got the ball and were non entities without it. But Pulis and Warnock said they were so talented they knew if they could man manage them right and accomidate them in the side correctly they would win them promotion. They were right.

I think Humphrys could be similar and I suspect constantly changing his position and being dropped then brought back in hasn't helped. He mentioned recently about some mental heath struggles so he strikes me as the type of player who needs to feel loved and easily loses his morale. There are very few players who I'd advocate treating as a special case but I think Humps is one of those rare talents that can win you games single handedly if you can get him right and make it worth whole. Easier said than done but we saw in the past how well it can work with the likes of Ellington and Powell who were unique personalities who everyone else struggled to understand but we worked out how to treat them.

If they're being picked you put in the effort no matter where you play!No excuses,

Why do you associate yourself with a club you don't have a good word for EVER

There's a reason why someone with Humps' natural ability, pace and power has floated around the L1 level for the best part of 5 seasons now.

Having said that, I don't think he's completely to blame, as Maloney does strike me as someone who's pretty reactive and doesn't consider the longer-term impact of chopping and changing on someone's confidence and form.

Personally I'd like him to stay because that to me would suggest that him and Maloney have worked out a way to ensure that we're getting the best from him. However, I do find that unlikely and expect that his agent will be looking for him to move to a club in the NW.