Huddersfield Town | Page 13 | Vital Football

Huddersfield Town

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, if it’s a blog, then they obviously expect something to happen later on. Gutted tbh, didn’t expect the Cowleys to go mid season and also I don’t see Hudders as being the ‘perfect fit’. However, a bigger club with a huge pay rise would be very hard to turn down, just extremely surprised after what Danny said last week.

Interesting. I'm not sure taking over a completely new set of players will be Danny's forte. It will take time for him to bring in his own players - and I'm not sure he will get that time at Huddersfield, however much it is promised to him.

Longer term the potential is much greater of course. And it is potential is that has made him move, as we are already at our maximum potential at Lincoln because of ground capacity constraints.

Not an appointment within for me but I hope we have a succession plan or at least a list of targets of upcoming aspiring managers.

Yeah, if it’s a blog, then they obviously expect something to happen later on. Gutted tbh, didn’t expect the Cowleys to go mid season and also I don’t see Hudders as being the ‘perfect fit’. However, a bigger club with a huge pay rise would be very hard to turn down, just extremely surprised after what Danny said last week.

Mid-season? They're only 7 games into their first ever stint in the 3rd Tier ..... it'll end up the same way as Hurst & Nathan Jones who is on borrowed time.

Someone told someone who told me DC didn't think we would have the finances to get promoted from League 1 and he was considering a couple of clubs in the Championship which might be looking for a manager soon. At that time Huddersfield wasn't one of them.
The recent defeats may have changed his mind. It doesn't take longer for the flavour of the month to go a little sour.

Im sure the board have a plan ,They had a plan before and will again , Whatever people say it wont change a thing, They have come in and done a very good job above all expectations, Must say if they do go mid season i would be very surprised, But maybe the offer for club and personal reasons is too great to turn down , Im sure nearly all of us would move for the money flouted ?

Bit of a sour ending, IMO.

It'll not change my, or anyone's, opinion on what they've done here but to flatly deny any interest in the job and then take it 5 or 6 days later is hugely disappointing.

Especially as they've always made a point of saying they'd find it difficult to leave a Club during the season because of the work that happens during pre-season and also about the 'small steps'. L1 to Championship is a small step in terms of the division, and it's also a small step in terms league positions at the minute, but they've managed 7(?) L1 games.

The money will obviously be a head turner. That sort of money secures their families for life but I don't think that'd be their main motive anyway, but certainly contribute.

Overall, this doesn't seem particularly DC/NC like to me. That's not to attribute blame anywhere, it just feels like they've jumped a little too early. I can half see the attraction of Huddersfield because they fall under the 'damaged goods' mantra that they adopt (I don't mean that disrepectfully

His '3 parties' comment in his pre-match conference makes sense now, so perhaps this has been on the cards for a few days.

EDIT - Then again, the Club size is a smaller step up than Lincoln to Wednesday.

Interesting. I'm not sure taking over a completely new set of players will be Danny's forte. It will take time for him to bring in his own players - and I'm not sure he will get that time at Huddersfield, however much it is promised to him.

Longer term the potential is much greater of course. And it is potential is that has made him move, as we are already at our maximum potential at Lincoln because of ground capacity constraints.

The lack of movement regarding the new stadium was always going to haunt us eventually .... maybe he'll come back in a decades time when its eventually built?

The way Hortin and Whiley are tweeting it sounds completely different to last weeks news. Even if nothing happens it appears Danny thinks the time is right to move on whether they move on or not is going to affect us as a club.

Thing is, the money at Huddersfield will be insane. Far and away what any of us could expect to earn. And even if it's a complete disaster and they're out on their arses by January, the payoff alone will make them millionaires. Set for life.

Really hard to turn that down in favour of negotiating us to a creditable 9th in League One I'd bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.