Howe | Page 2 | Vital Football

Howe

Scotimp - 6/1/2018 18:50

redimps1 - 6/1/2018 18:07

I guess he has to be recalled for now with the proviso if we get anothe 1/2 centre halfs in he can go back on loan to Eastleigh or wherever before the deadline .
More than competant alongside Waterfall imo.

MORE than competent? For League Two? Whatever makes you say that? He couldn't get into our National League team last year.

Hardly a proper guide to his actual ability. Basically he couldn't break into the team with Sean Raggett and Captain Luke Waterfall already occupying the first choice centre back places. He has played well at National League level, 2 seasons running with other clubs. If Danny said I've found a 23 year old Centre Back playing for Eastleigh, Captain of Southport last season, we'd be interested on that info alone.

Croozey - 6/1/2018 19:18

I guess he has to be recalled for now with the proviso if we get anothe 1/2 centre halfs in he can go back on loan to Eastleigh or wherever before the deadline .

MORE than competent? For League Two? Whatever makes you say that? He couldn't get into our National League team last year.

Hardly a proper guide to his actual ability. Basically he couldn't break into the team with Sean Raggett and Captain Luke Waterfall already occupying the first choice centre back places. He has played well at National League level, 2 seasons running with other clubs. If Danny said I've found a 23 year old Centre Back playing for Eastleigh, Captain of Southport last season, we'd be interested on that info alone.

On the contrary, it is an extremely good guide to his ability. If he isn't good enough for a side chasing promotion from the National League, how can he suddenly be good enough for a side chasing promotion to League One?

Secondly, would we really be interested in the captain of Southport, relegated pathetically in April? Would such a player magically become suitable for a side with a realistic chance of promotion to League One? Not in any way. The one thing the last five months have taught us, is that the gulf between National League and League Two is a huge one.

Howe was offered a deal because he was theoretically part of our promotion-winning squad last season; he is the only player offered a one-year deal who accepted it. He will surely be moved on this January or in the summer at latest.

Scotimp - 7/1/2018 00:34

Croozey - 6/1/2018 19:18

On the contrary, it is an extremely good guide to his ability. If he isn't good enough for a side chasing promotion from the National League, how can he suddenly be good enough for a side chasing promotion to League One?

Secondly, would we really be interested in the captain of Southport, relegated pathetically in April? Would such a player magically become suitable for a side with a realistic chance of promotion to League One? Not in any way. The one thing the last five months have taught us, is that the gulf between National League and League Two is a huge one.

Howe was offered a deal because he was theoretically part of our promotion-winning squad last season; he is the only player offered a one-year deal who accepted it. He will surely be moved on this January or in the summer at latest.

I can't really disagree with that.

Like all players in the squad last season he did not let the side down when called upon, but that should not be confused with he is good enough for L2. Had he been in the mangement's plans he would have not been loaned out to Eastliegh.

Howe is a decent player and despite DC not really fancying him(this could be refuted given that DC knew Raggs was off in jan 2018) now he may find his hands are tied and the lad also has the benefit of being match fit.

Very good in the air,a leader,very vocal,brave in the challenge he has all the attributes of a centre half. (when you get down to pitch level and watch and listen to him at close quarters he is impressive)

If the loan deal allows him back then i have no issues with playing him.
DC may have planned all this?

Things are fluid at lcfc and the player supermarket is not always stocked out with bargains in January.

He is clearly doing well, scoring goals and is a leader on the pitch. He knows the method and we all know DC likes leaders on the pitch. Give the lad a go. It's now or never.

Howe will be available to play for Eastleigh v Torquay on 13th jan, so says their assistant manager so he will not play in the Notts County game.
Jamie get your boots on!

In that case I doubt we'll see him in an Imps shirt again. If he's not recalled now and unless our transfer window goes massively wrong it looks like we are letting him go in the summer...

Disagree he’s no good on the ball, I think there’s a bit of a footballer in there and he looks better on the deck than Waterfall.

Also don’t agree that because that partnership was ropey in the NL then they are both no good. Team was nowhere near as well organised and did not have anything like the midfield cover it has now.

Another thing I remembered about Callum Howe. When we had the cup run and Sky Sports Soccer AM came down to Sincil Bank. Jimmy Bullard set up a football obstacle course. Dribbling, chipping, juggling etc. The first Lincoln player over the line was Callum. Must be good technically as well.
I saw him play in some of the FA Trophy games and would say he did ok, but the fact he's going to be match fit, and he's already on the books, i'd definitely bring him back to fight for a place.

Croozey - 8/1/2018 12:34

Another thing I remembered about Callum Howe. When we had the cup run and Sky Sports Soccer AM came down to Sincil Bank. Jimmy Bullard set up a football obstacle course. Dribbling, chipping, juggling etc. The first Lincoln player over the line was Callum. Must be good technically as well.
I saw him play in some of the FA Trophy games and would say he did ok, but the fact he's going to be match fit, and he's already on the books, i'd definitely bring him back to fight for a place.

True although the Cowleys set it up and Bullard joined in. He never actually arranged the drill.

So it sounds like either McCombe or Bostwick will have to fill in then if we aren't close to announcing any new acquisitions. County was always going to be hard, damn site harder now IMO.

Davidimp - 8/1/2018 15:30

He's back on the 15th DC just confirmed this.

According to the club's twitter account, Danny said he "can" come back on the 15th, not that he "is" coming back.

Personally I don't think Callum is good enough for a team looking to sustain a promotion challenge and I don't think DC does either but we may need him for cover. If we pick up an injury tomorrow against Rochdale then presumably we could call him back before the weekend?